Pacific-Basin Finance Journal
2004, Volume 12, Issue 5
- 503-523 The real-time predictability of the size and value premium in Japan
by Bauer, Rob & Derwall, Jeroen & Molenaar, Roderick
- 525-540 Diffusion of off-balance-sheet financial innovations: Information complementarity and market competition
by Fung, Michael K. & Cheng, Arnold C. S.
- 541-564 Profitability of return and volume-based investment strategies in China's stock market
by Wang, Changyun & Chin, Shengtyng
- 565-576 Fundamental determinants of the Australian price-earnings multiple
by Shamsuddin, Abul F. M. & Hillier, John R.
- 577-597 Extreme volumes and expected stock returns: Evidence from China's stock market
by Yun Wang, Chang & Sang Cheng, Nam
2004, Volume 12, Issue 4
- 359-386 The SEC's review of the registration statement and stock price movements during the seasoned equity issuance process
by Chang, James Jinho & Shin, Hyun-Han
- 387-418 Investor herding during financial crisis: A clinical study of the Jakarta Stock Exchange
by Bowe, Michael & Domuta, Daniela
- 419-444 Corporate governance and ownership structure of target companies and the outcome of takeovers
by Henry, Darren
- 445-461 A GMM approach for estimation of volatility and regression models when daily prices are subject to price limits
by Wei, K. C. John & Chiang, Raymond
- 463-478 Are international portfolio adjustments a cause of comovements in stock prices?
by Tsutsui, Yoshiro & Hirayama, Kenjiro
2004, Volume 12, Issue 3
- 245-269 The explanatory power of R&D for the cross-section of stock returns: Japan 1985-2000
by Xu, Ming & Zhang, Chu
- 271-290 Stock price behavior surrounding stock repurchase announcements: Evidence from Japan
by Hatakeda, Takashi & Isagawa, Nobuyuki
- 291-310 Tax-adjusted market risk premiums in New Zealand: 1931-2002
by Lally, Martin & Marsden, Alastair
- 311-331 Information asymmetry and estimation risk: Preliminary evidence from Chinese equity markets
by Lam, Swee-Sum & Du, Jing
- 333-357 The relationship between exchange rate exposure, currency risk management and performance of international equity funds
by Benson, Karen L. & Faff, Robert W.
2004, Volume 12, Issue 2
- 117-142 Empirical comparison of alternative stochastic volatility option pricing models: Evidence from Korean KOSPI 200 index options market
by Kim, In Joon & Kim, Sol
- 143-158 Momentum returns in Australian equities: The influences of size, risk, liquidity and return computation
by Demir, Isabelle & Muthuswamy, Jay & Walter, Terry
- 159-177 Relative strength strategies in China's stock market: 1994-2000
by Wang, Changyun
- 179-195 The risk-return relations in the Singapore stock market
by Tang, Gordon Y. N. & Shum, Wai Cheong
- 197-217 Do errors in expectations explain the cross-section of stock returns?
by Mian, G. Mujtaba & Teo, Terence G. L.
- 219-243 The impact of debt on market reactions to the revaluation of noncurrent assets
by Courtenay, Stephen M. & Cahan, Steven F.
2004, Volume 12, Issue 1
- 1-18 Determinants of the decision to submit market or limit orders on the ASX
by Verhoeven, Peter & Ching, Simon & Guan Ng, Hock
- 19-39 The impact of tick size on intraday stock price behavior: evidence from the Taiwan Stock Exchange
by Ke, Mei-Chu & Jiang, Ching-Hai & Huang, Yen-Sheng
- 41-64 Some insights into the foreign exchange pricing puzzle: Evidence from a small open economy
by Chen, Jianguo & Naylor, Michael & Lu, Xingshen
- 65-90 Privatization, corporate governance and economic environment: Firm-level evidence from Asia
by Boubakri, Narjess & Cosset, Jean-Claude & Guedhami, Omrane
- 91-116 Safety-first portfolio optimization for US investors in emerging global, Asian and Latin American markets
by Haque, Mahfuzul & Kabir Hassan, M. & Varela, Oscar
2003, Volume 11, Issue 5
- 555-572 An investigation into the role of liquidity in asset pricing: Australian evidence
by Chan, Howard W. & Faff, Robert W.
- 573-591 How free are free trading options?
by Liu, Wai-Man & Sawyer, K. R.
- 593-609 Interpreting the term structure of interbank rates in Hong Kong
by Gerlach, Stefan
- 611-630 The spillover effects of US and Japanese public information news in advanced Asia-Pacific stock markets
by Kim, Suk-Joong
2003, Volume 11, Issue 4
- 393-412 An analysis of the relative performance of Japanese and foreign money management
by Brown, Stephen J. & Goetzmann, William N. & Hiraki, Takato & Shiraishi, Noriyoshi
- 413-428 What kind of multinational deposit-insurance arrangements might best enhance world welfare?
by Kane, Edward J.
- 429-437 Behavioral finance
by Ritter, Jay R.
- 439-462 Auctions versus book building of Japanese IPOs
by Kaneko, Takashi & Pettway, Richard H.
- 463-482 Costly information, diversification and international mutual fund performance
by Engstrom, Stefan
- 483-508 Korean bank governance reform after the Asian financial crisis
by Choe, Heungsik & Lee, Bong-Soo
- 509-525 The impact of the Asian financial crisis on foreign exchange market efficiency: The case of East Asian countries
by Jeon, Bang Nam & Seo, Byeongseon
- 527-553 Moneyness and the response of the implied volatilities to price changes: The empirical evidence from HSI options
by Chan, Kam C. & Cheng, Louis T. W. & Lung, Peter P.
2003, Volume 11, Issue 3
- v-v Note from the Editors
by Chan, Kalok & Rhee, S. Ghon
- 239-265 Corporate governance and firm value in Japan: Evidence from 1985 to 1998
by Hiraki, Takato & Inoue, Hideaki & Ito, Akitoshi & Kuroki, Fumiaki & Masuda, Hiroyuki
- 267-283 Managerial ownership and firm valuation: Evidence from Japanese firms
by Chen, Carl R. & Guo, Weiyu & Mande, Vivek
- 285-304 How does banking industry consolidation affect bank-firm relationships? Evidence from a large Japanese bank merger
by Shin, G. Hwan & Fraser, Donald R. & Kolari, James W.
- 305-325 A review of Japan's bank crisis from the governance perspective
by Hanazaki, Masaharu & Horiuchi, Akiyoshi
- 327-348 Agency problems and performance of Korean companies during the Asian financial crisis: Chaebol vs. non-chaebol firms
by Kim, Byungmo & Lee, Inmoo
- 349-363 Shareholder activism in Korea: An analysis of PSPD's activities
by Choi, Woon-Youl & Cho, Sung Hoon
- 365-392 When does corporate diversification matter to productivity and performance? Evidence from East Asia
by Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon & Fan, Joseph P. H. & Lang, Larry H. P.
- vii-viii Foreword by the Editor
by Rhee, S. Ghon
2003, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 121-138 The Asian exposure of U.S. firms: Operational and risk management strategies
by Choi, Jongmoo Jay & Kim, Yong-Cheol
- 153-173 An empirical analysis of the Australian dollar swap spreads
by Fang, Victor & Muljono, Ronny
- 175-195 The cross-sectional and cross-temporal universality of nonlinear serial dependencies: Evidence from world stock indices and the Taiwan Stock Exchange
by Ammermann, Peter A. & Patterson, Douglas M.
- 197-218 The sharemarket performance of Australian venture capital-backed and non-venture capital-backed IPOs
by da Silva Rosa, Ray & Velayuthen, Gerard & Walter, Terry
- 219-237 The interdependence of share markets in the developed economies of East Asia
by Chan Leong, Su & Felmingham, Bruce
2003, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-22 Investment patterns and performance of investor groups in Japan
by Kamesaka, Akiko & Nofsinger, John R. & Kawakita, Hidetaka
- 23-43 International equity market comovements: Economic fundamentals or contagion?
by Connolly, Robert A. & Wang, F. Albert
- 45-59 How should liquidity be measured?
by Aitken, Michael & Comerton-Forde, Carole
- 61-80 The value of the variable tenor mortgage feature in Hong Kong
by Chow, Ying-Foon & Liu, Ming
- 81-99 Time variation in the credit spreads on Australian Eurobonds
by Batten, Jonathan A. & Hogan, Warren P.
- 101-120 Information transfer and press coverage: The case of the Gawler Craton gold boom
by Ferguson, Andrew & Crockett, Adrian
2002, Volume 10, Issue 5
- 497-516 A retrospective evaluation of the Pacific-Basin Finance Journal: 1993-2002
by Chan, K. & Karolyi, G. A. & Rhee, S. G.
- 517-530 The effectiveness of price limits in an emerging market: Evidence from the Korean Stock Exchange
by Berkman, Henk & Lee, John Byong Tek
- 531-548 Are stock dividends (MUSHOs) melons or lemons in Japan?
by Kato, Hideaki Kiyoshi & Tsay, Wenyuh
- 549-569 Are maturity and debt type decisions interrelated? Evidence from Australian firms in international capital markets
by Esho, Neil & Lam, Yung & Sharpe, Ian G.
- 583-600 The behavior of Taiwan mutual fund investors--performance and fund flows
by Shu, Pei-Gi & Yeh, Yin-Hua & Yamada, Takeshi
2002, Volume 10, Issue 4
- 353-353 Remembering Mert
by Roll, Richard
- 355-357 Merton Miller: A Tribute
by Chen, Andrew H.
- 359-369 Learning from a Keynote speaker: Lessons from Merton Miller's PACAP addresses
by McConnell, John J.
- 371-391 Analysts' dividend forecasts
by Brown, Philip & Clarke, Alex & How, Janice C. Y. & Lim, Kadir J. P.
- 393-409 Warrants pricing: Stochastic volatility vs. Black-Scholes
by Huang, Yu Chuan & Chen, Shing Chun
- 411-442 Did the Asian financial crisis scare foreign investors out of Japan?
by Karolyi, G. Andrew
- 443-473 Dividend policy, cash flow, and investment in Japan
by Kato, Hideaki Kiyoshi & Loewenstein, Uri & Tsay, Wenyuh
2002, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 217-226 Resolving systemic financial crises efficiently
by Kane, Edward J.
- 227-242 A new perspective on infrastructure financing in Asia
by Chen, Andrew H.
- 243-265 Contrarian and momentum strategies in the China stock market: 1993-2000
by Kang, Joseph & Liu, Ming-Hua & Ni, Sophie Xiaoyan
- 267-285 An empirical test of the variance gamma option pricing model
by Lam, K. & Chang, E. & Lee, M. C.
- 287-305 Share repurchases under the Commercial Law 212-2 in Japan: Market reaction and actual implementation
by Zhang, Hua
- 307-332 The influence of cultural factors on price clustering: Evidence from Asia-Pacific stock markets
by Brown, Philip & Chua, Angeline & Mitchell, Jason
- 333-351 The impacts of mass delisting: Evidence from Singapore and Malaysia
by Sun, Qian & Tang, Yuen-Kin & Tong, Wilson H. S.
2002, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 119-139 Information and the market's perceptions of Japanese bank risk: Regulation, environment, and disclosure
by Bremer, Marc & Pettway, Richard H.
- 141-162 Short sales restrictions, dilution and the pricing of rights issues on the Singapore Stock Exchange
by Poitras, Geoffrey
- 163-181 Ownership structure pre- and post-IPOs and the operating performance of JASDAQ companies
by Kutsuna, Kenji & Okamura, Hideo & Cowling, Marc
2002, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-27 The market for callable-convertible bonds: Evidence from Japan
by Greiner, Daniel & Kalay, Avner & Kato, Hideaki Kiyoshi
- 29-54 Private placements and rights issues in Singapore
by Tan, Ruth S. K. & Chng, P. L. & Tong, Y. H.
- 55-75 The effects of model errors and market imperfections on financial institutions writing derivative warrants: Simulation evidence from Taiwan
by Chung, Huimin & Lee, Chin-Shen & Wu, Soushan
- 77-95 The pricing of foreign exchange risk in the Australian equities market
by Di Iorio, Amalia & Faff, Robert
- 97-117 Public disclosure of executive compensation: Do shareholders need to know?
by Andjelkovic, Aleksandar & Boyle, Glenn & McNoe, Warren
2001, Volume 9, Issue 5
- 457-486 Performance of Malaysian IPOs: Underwriters reputation and management earnings forecasts
by Jelic, Ranko & Saadouni, Brahim & Briston, Richard
- 487-512 The influence of group affiliation and the underwriting process on emerging market IPOs: The case of the Philippines
by Sullivan, Michael J. & Unite, Angelo A.
- 513-534 The influence of underwriter reputation, keiretsu affiliation, and financial health on the underpricing of Japanese IPOs
by Beckman, Judy & Garner, Jacqueline & Marshall, Beverly & Okamura, Hideo
- 535-561 Intraday trading halts in the Nikkei futures market
by Martens, Martin & Steenbeek, Onno W.
- 563-599 Causes and effects of employee stock option plans: Evidence from Singapore
by Ding, David K. & Sun, Qian
2001, Volume 9, Issue 4
- 281-299 Dynamic inconsistency of capital forbearance: Long-run vs. short-run effects of too-big-to-fail policymaking
by Kane, Edward J.
- 301-311 Hedge funds: Omniscient or just plain wrong
by Brown, Stephen J.
- 313-321 Financial regulation in the 21st century
by Carmichael, Jeffrey
- 323-362 Controlling shareholders and corporate value: Evidence from Thailand
by Wiwattanakantang, Yupana
- 363-377 Information flows between non-deliverable forward (NDF) and spot markets: Evidence from Korean currency
by Park, Jinwoo
- 379-400 Are N+1 heads better than one? The timing and selectivity of Australian-managed investment funds
by Prather, Larry J. & Middleton, Karen L. & Cusack, Antony J.
- 401-426 Selecting macroeconomic variables as explanatory factors of emerging stock market returns
by Bilson, Christopher M. & Brailsford, Timothy J. & Hooper, Vincent J.
- 427-455 The effects of monetary policy shocks on exchange rates: Evidence from New Zealand and Australia
by Wilkinson, Katherine J. & Young, Martin R. & Young, Shirley
2001, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 165-193 The impact of firm diversification and focus: The Japanese experience
by Guo, Enyang & Keown, Arthur J. & Sen, Nilanjan
- 195-217 The impact of salient political and economic news on the trading activity
by Chan, Yue-cheong & Chui, Andy C. W. & Kwok, Chuck C. Y.
- 233-263 The behavior of financial analysts during the Asian financial crisis in Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, and Thailand
by Ang, James S. & Ma, Yulong
- 265-280 Research productivity of the finance profession in the Asia-Pacific region
by Chan, Kam C. & Chen, Carl R. & Steiner, Thomas L.
2001, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 83-99 Doubling: Nick Leeson's trading strategy
by Brown, Stephen J. & Steenbeek, Onno W.
- 101-117 Investment bank reputation and relaxed listing requirements: Evidence from infrastructure firm IPOs in Hong Kong
by Dewenter, Kathryn L. & Field, Laura Casares
- 119-145 Corporate governance in New Zealand: The effect of the 1993 Companies Act on the relation between board composition and firm performance
by Hossain, Mahmud & Prevost, Andrew K. & Rao, Ramesh P.
2001, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-27 The market effects of CEO turnover in Australian firms
by Suchard, Jo-Ann & Singh, Manohar & Barr, Robert
- 29-46 Deregulation and capital market integration: A study of the New Zealand stock market
by Chay, J. B. & Eleswarapu, Venkat R.
- 65-82 Valuation effects of patent quality: A comparison for Japanese and U.S. firms
by Hirschey, Mark & Richardson, Vernon J.
2000, Volume 8, Issue 5
- v-vii Editorial
- 529-558 Institutional affiliation and the role of venture capital: Evidence from initial public offerings in Japan
by Hamao, Yasushi & Packer, Frank & Ritter, Jay R.
- 559-585 Informed traders and their market preference: Empirical evidence from prices and volumes of options and stock
by Turkington, Joshua & Walsh, David
- 587-610 Shareholding structure and corporate performance of partially privatized firms: Evidence from listed Chinese companies
by Qi, Daqing & Wu, Woody & Zhang, Hua
- iii-iv Editorial
2000, Volume 8, Issue 3-4
- 277-283 Reflections of a retiring Keynote Speaker
by Miller, Merton H.
- 285-308 The dialectical role of information and disinformation in regulation-induced banking crises
by Kane, Edward J.
- 309-331 The accuracy of management dividend forecasts in Australia
by Brown, Philip & Clarke, Alex & How, Janice C. Y. & Lim, Kadir
- 333-345 Defaults and interest rates in international lending
by Chowdhry, Bhagwan
- 347-373 The pricing of underwriting services in the Australian capital market
by How, Janice C. Y. & Yeo, Julian J. L.
- 375-398 Overreaction in the Australian equity market: 1974-1997
by Gaunt, Clive
- 399-417 Barriers to international investing and market segmentation: Evidence from Indian GDR market
by Jithendranathan, Thadavillil & Nirmalanandan, T. R. & Tandon, Kishore
- 419-442 Shareholder wealth effects of rights issues: Evidence from the New Zealand capital market
by Marsden, Alastair
- 443-456 An empirical analysis of the supply of liquidity by locals in futures markets: Evidence from the Sydney Futures Exchange
by Frino, Alex & Jarnecic, Elvis
- 457-482 Are common stocks a good hedge against inflation? Evidence from the Pacific-rim countries
by Khil, Jaeuk & Lee, Bong-Soo
- 483-503 The value of liquidity: Evidence from the derivatives market
by Chan, Howard Wei-Hong & Pinder, Sean M.
- 505-528 Evaluating managed fund performance using conditional measures: Australian evidence
by Sawicki, Julia & Ong, Fred
2000, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 135-152 Understanding the financial crisis in Asia
by Chowdhry, Bhagwan & Goyal, Amit
- 153-175 Capital movements, banking insolvency, and silent runs in the Asian financial crisis
by Kane, Edward J.
- 177-216 Banks, the IMF, and the Asian crisis
by Kho, Bong-Chan & Stulz, Rene M.
- 217-248 Why do closed-end country funds trade at enormous premiums during currency crises?
by Chandar, Nandini & Patro, Dilip Kumar
- 249-275 Value-at-risk: Applying the extreme value approach to Asian markets in the recent financial turmoil
by Ho, Lan-Chih & Burridge, Peter & Cadle, John & Theobald, Michael
- vii-vii Preface
by Chan, Kalok & Karolyi, Andrew & Rhee, S. Ghon
2000, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-24 Monitoring and bank loan pricing
by Chen, Andrew H. & Mazumdar, Sumon C. & Yan, Yuxing
- 25-52 Determinants of international credit allocation: An analysis of US lending by Japanese banks, 1988 to 1994
by Shrieves, Ronald E. & Dahl, Drew
- 53-66 Dividend changes and earnings performance in Japan
by Fukuda, Atsuo
- 67-84 Trading volume and short-horizon contrarian profits: Evidence from the Malaysian market
by Hameed, Allaudeen & Ting, Serena
- 85-113 International linkages and macroeconomic news effects on interest rate volatility -- Australia and the US
by Kim, Suk-Joong & Sheen, Jeffrey
- 115-133 Valuation of companies and projects under differential personal taxation
by Lally, Martin
1999, Volume 7, Issue 5
- 471-493 Cross-autocorrelation in Asian stock markets
by Chang, Eric C. & McQueen, Grant R. & Pinegar, J. Michael
- 495-521 Do trading rules impact on market efficiency? A comparison of opening procedures on the Australian and Jakarta Stock Exchanges
by Comerton-Forde, Carole
- 523-538 Information and liquidity effects of government approved stock investments
by Lim, Kian-Guan & Wong, Kie-Ann & Yeo, Wee-Yong & Wong, Soo-Chen
- 539-556 The intraday patterns of the spread and depth in a market without market makers: The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong
by Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cheung, Yan-Leung
- 557-586 Why does return volatility differ in Chinese stock markets?
by Su, Dongwei & Fleisher, Belton M.
1999, Volume 7, Issue 3-4
- 203-228 Breakdown of accounting controls at Barings and Daiwa: Benefits of using opportunity-cost measures for trading activity
by Kane, Edward J. & DeTrask, Kimberly
- 229-249 Bank monitoring and the maturity structure of Japanese corporate debt issues
by Cai, Jun & Cheung, Yan-Leung & Goyal, Vidhan K.
- 251-282 Are Asian stock market fluctuations due mainly to intra-regional contagion effects? Evidence based on Asian emerging stock markets
by Masih, Abul M. M. & Masih, Rumi
- 283-330 Profits on technical trading rules and time-varying expected returns: evidence from Pacific-Basin equity markets
by Ito, Akitoshi
- 331-349 International price level linkages: Evidence from the post-Bretton Woods era
by Eun, Cheol S. & Jeong, Jin-Gil
- 351-370 Volume and individual security returns on the Tokyo Stock Exchange
by Bremer, Marc & Hiraki, Takato
- 371-403 An empirical study on the determinants of the capital structure of Thai firms
by Wiwattanakantang, Yupana
1999, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 103-127 Emerging market transaction costs: Evidence from Indonesia
by Bonser-Neal, Catherine & Linnan, David & Neal, Robert
- 129-155 Transparency in Chinese stocks: A study of earnings forecasts by professional analysts
by Ang, James S. & Ma, Yulong
- 157-172 Government share ownership, investment opportunity set and corporate policy choices in China
by Gul, Ferdinand A.
- 173-202 An empirical investigation of underpricing in Chinese IPOs
by Su, Dongwei & Fleisher, Belton M.
1999, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-22 Alternative mechanisms for corporate governance in Japan: An analysis of independent and bank-affiliated firms
by Kang, Jun-Koo & Shivdasani, Anil
- 23-39 Performance of various transaction frequencies under call markets: The case of Taiwan
by Lang, Larry H. P. & Lee, Yi Tsung
- 41-66 Understanding stock market volatility: The case of Korea and Taiwan
by Titman, Sheridan & John Wei, K. C.
- 67-81 Seasonality in the rates of return on Japanese ADRs
by Matsumoto, Keishiro & Hoban Jr., James P.
- 83-101 Interest rate risk of Australian financial sector companies in a period of regulatory change
by Faff, R. W. & Howard, P. F.
1998, Volume 6, Issue 5
- 395-425 The performance of Japanese seasoned equity offerings, 1971-1992
by Cai, Jun & Loughran, Tim
- 427-451 Privatisation initial public offerings in Malaysia: Initial premium and long-term performance
by Paudyal, K. & Saadouni, B. & Briston, R. J.
- 453-474 Underpricing and aftermarket performance of IPOs in Shanghai, China
by Mok, Henry M. K. & Hui, Y. V.
- 475-491 Short-run overreaction in the New Zealand stock market
by Bowman, Robert G. & Iverson, David
1998, Volume 6, Issue 3-4
- 225-233 The current Southeast Asia financial crisis1
by Miller, Merton H.
- 235-249 Lessons of privatization1
by Kane, Edward J.
- 251-273 Daily serial correlation, trading volume and price limits: Evidence from the Taiwan stock market
by Shen, Chung-Hua & Wang, Lee-Rong
- 275-293 Book-to-market, firm size, and the turn-of-the-year effect: Evidence from Pacific-Basin emerging markets
by Chui, Andy C. W. & Wei, K. C. John
- 295-306 Searching for periods of volatility: A study of the behavior of volatility in Thai stocks
by Bos, Theodore & Ding, David & Fetherston, Thomas A.
- 307-319 Asset pricing in segmented capital markets: Preliminary evidence from China-domiciled companies
by Poon, Winnie P. H. & Firth, Michael & Fung, Hung-Gay
- 321-346 Fundamental and nonfundamental components in stock prices of Pacific-Rim countries
by Chung, Heetaik & Lee, Bong-Soo
- 347-364 The effects of the stock transaction tax on the stock market - Experiences from Asian markets
by Hu, Shing-yang
1998, Volume 6, Issue 1-2
- 1-26 The deterioration of bank balance sheets in Japan: Risk-taking and recapitalization
by Horiuchi, Akiyoshi & Shimizu, Katsutoshi
- 27-43 Keiretsu affiliation and share price volatility in Japan
by Beason, D.
- 61-76 Economic growth and stationarity of real exchange rates: Evidence from some fast-growing Asian countries
by Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S.
- 77-86 The international transmission of US, Eurodollar and Asian dollar interest rates: Some empirical evidence
by Wai-Wah Cheung, Daniel & Wan-Sing Hung, Bill
- 87-101 An investigation into the extent of beta instability in the Singapore stock market
by Brooks, Robert D. & Faff, Robert W. & Ariff, Mohamed
- 103-114 Risk factors in the Malaysian stock market
by Clare, Andrew D. & Priestley, Richard
- 115-124 Fractional dynamics in Japanese financial time series
by Barkoulas, John T. & Baum, Christopher F.
- 125-151 Are there rational speculative bubbles in Asian stock markets?
by Chan, Kalok & McQueen, Grant & Thorley, Steven
- 153-174 The determinants of foreign exchange rate exposure: Evidence on Japanese firms1
by Chow, Edward H. & Chen, Hung-Ling
- 175-192 Assessing estimation error in a tracking error variance minimisation framework
by Walsh, David M. & Walsh, Kathleen D. & Evans, John P.
- 193-212 Explanatory factors for trading volume responses to annual earnings announcements: Evidence from the Korean stock market
by Choi, Jong-Seo & Choe, Chongwoo
- 213-224 The empirical relationship between aggregate consumption and security prices in Australia
by Faff, Robert W.
1997, Volume 5, Issue 5
- 511-526 Signalling models and the valuation of new issues: An examination of IPOs in Singapore
by Firth, Michael & Liau-Tan, Chee Keng
- 527-537 Testing the conditional CAPM and the effect of intervaling: A note
by Brailsford, Timothy J. & Faff, Robert W.
- 539-557 The interaction between order imbalance and stock price
by Brown, Philip & Walsh, David & Yuen, Andrea
- 559-577 Correlations, trades and stock returns of the Pacific-Basin markets
by Chen, Nai-fu & Zhang, Feng
- 579-594 A test of the Asay model for pricing options on the SPI futures contract
by Brown, C. A. & Taylor, S. D.
1997, Volume 5, Issue 4
- 389-417 The investment and operating performance of Japanese initial public offerings
by Cai, Jun & Wei, K. C. John
- 419-440 Takeovers in New Zealand: Motives, stockholder returns, and executive share ownership
by Firth, Michael
- 465-480 A simple model for pricing imputation tax credits under Australias dividend imputation tax system
by Wood, Justin
- 481-509 Investigating productive efficiency and productivity changes of Japanese life insurance companies
by Fukuyama, Hirofumi
1997, Volume 5, Issue 3
- 281-299 Australian evidence on the pricing of estimation risk
by Clarkson, Peter M. & Satterly, Amanda
- 301-323 Ownership structure and corporate performance: Australian evidence
by Craswell, Allen T. & Taylor, Stephen L. & Saywell, Richard A.
- 325-344 The underinvestment hypothesis and off-balance sheet direct credit substitutes
by Sharpe, Ian G. & Tuzun, Tayfun
- 345-356 Conditional volatility in foreign exchange rates: Evidence from the Malaysian ringgit and Singapore dollar
by Tse, Y. K. & Tsui, Albert K. C.
- 357-376 The impact of the return interval on the estimation of systematic risk
by Brailsford, Timothy J. & Josev, Thomas
- 377-388 Macroeconomic variables and stock prices in a small open economy: The case of Singapore
by Mookerjee, Rajen & Yu, Qiao