Journal of Economic Psychology
2008, Volume 29, Issue 5
- 762-776 Psychological construal of economic behavior
by Leiser, David & Azar, Ofer H. & Hadar, Liat
2008, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 378-400 Perceptions and expectations of price changes and inflation: A review and conceptual framework
by Ranyard, Rob & Missier, Fabio Del & Bonini, Nicolao & Duxbury, Darren & Summers, Barbara
- 401-416 Perceived inflation and expected future prices in different currencies
by Gärling, Tommy & Gamble, Amelie
- 417-432 How is perceived inflation related to actual price changes in the European Union?
by Antonides, Gerrit
- 433-457 A new index of perceived inflation: Assumptions, method, and application to Germany
by Brachinger, Hans Wolfgang
- 458-472 Social norms and cooperation in real-life social dilemmas
by Thøgersen, John
- 473-490 Misinformed and informed asset allocation decisions of self-directed retirement plan members
by Bhandari, Gokul & Deaves, Richard
- 491-507 If money doesn't make us happy, why do we act as if it does?
by Ahuvia, Aaron
- 508-521 Achievement-related attitudes and the fate of "at-risk" groups in society
by O'Connell, Michael & Sheikh, Hammad
- 522-542 Trust in surveys and games - A methodological contribution on the influence of money and location
by Holm, Håkan & Nystedt, Paul
- 543-554 Why are there so few women in information technology? Assessing the role of personality in career choices
by Rosenbloom, Joshua L. & Ash, Ronald A. & Dupont, Brandon & Coder, LeAnne
- 555-576 Compulsive buying: Does it matter how it's measured?
by Manolis, Chris & Roberts, James A.
- 577-596 Pension contributions as a commitment device: Evidence of sophistication among time-inconsistent households
by Sourdin, Patricia
- 597-611 Framing of information on the use of public finances, regulatory fit of recipients and tax compliance
by Holler, Marianne & Hoelzl, Erik & Kirchler, Erich & Leder, Susanne & Mannetti, Lucia
2008, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 276-284 Clustering in dividends: Do managers rely on cognitive reference points?
by Aerts, Walter & Campenhout, Geert Van & Caneghem, Tom Van
- 285-300 The desire for impact
by Dur, Robert & Glazer, Amihai
- 301-313 Personality traits and knowledge sharing
by Matzler, Kurt & Renzl, Birgit & Müller, Julia & Herting, Stephan & Mooradian, Todd A.
- 314-335 On the relational motive for volunteer work
by Prouteau, Lionel & Wolff, François-Charles
- 336-347 Modeling collecting behavior: The role of set completion
by Carey, Catherine
- 348-359 Individual, household and gender preferences for social transfers
by Delaney, Liam & O'Toole, Francis
- 360-361 Giriswar Misra, Psychology and Societal Development: Paradigmatic and Social Concerns , Concept Publishing Company, New Delhi (India) (2006) ISBN 81-8069-289-2 x+164 pp., [Rs. 350.00]
by Rai, Birendra K.
- 362-365 Kenneth G. Binmore, Natural Justice , Oxford University Press, Oxford (2005)
by Gintis, Herbert
- 366-368 Bruno S. Frey and Alois Stutzer, Editors, Economics and Psychology: A Promising New Cross-Disciplinary Field, The MIT Press, Cambridge (2007)
by Gintis, Herbert
- 369-371 Shlomo Maital (Ed.). "Recent Developments in Behavioral Economics" The International Library of Critical Writings in Economics, Vol. 204. Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK (2007). 437 pp., cloth, USD 215, ISBN: 978-1-84542-406-0
by Tyran, Jean-Robert
- 372-374 Straight Choices. The Psychology of Decision Making, B.N. Newell, D.A. Lagnado, D.R. Shanks, Psychology Press, Taylor & Francis Group, Hove and New York (2007). 240 pp., Hardcover: $53.95, ISBN13: 978-1-84169-588-4
by Karelaia, Natalia
2008, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 140-159 Non-dirty dancing? Interactions between eco-labels and consumers
by Teisl, Mario F. & Rubin, Jonathan & Noblet, Caroline L.
- 160-179 The effect of humor in electronic service encounters
by van Dolen, Willemijn M. & de Ruyter, Ko & Streukens, Sandra
- 180-196 Sex or gender? Expanding the sex-based view by introducing masculinity and femininity as predictors of financial risk taking
by Meier-Pesti, Katja & Penz, Elfriede
- 197-209 Do individuals recognize cascade behavior of others? - An experimental study
by Grebe, Tim & Schmid, Julia & Stiehler, Andreas
- 210-225 Enforced versus voluntary tax compliance: The "slippery slope" framework
by Kirchler, Erich & Hoelzl, Erik & Wahl, Ingrid
- 226-252 The risk perceptions of individual investors
by Veld, Chris & Veld-Merkoulova, Yulia V.
- 253-254 Emotions, Advertising and Consumer Choice, Hansen, Flemming, Christensen, Sverre Riis (Eds.). Copenhagen, Denmark: Copenhagen Business School Press, Universitetsforlaget, Liber (2007). 462 pp., [euro]72.00, ISBN: 978-87-630-0198-4
by Fred van Raaij, W.
2008, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 19-34 Price setting and the reluctance to realize losses in apartment markets
by Einiö, Mikko & Kaustia, Markku & Puttonen, Vesa
- 35-53 Willingness to pay and nuanced cultural cues: Evidence from Hong Kong's license-plate auction market
by Woo, Chi-Keung & Horowitz, Ira & Luk, Stephen & Lai, Aaron
- 54-72 Preferences for funding particular government services from different taxes
by Kemp, Simon
- 73-93 Beauty, gender and stereotypes: Evidence from laboratory experiments
by Andreoni, James & Petrie, Ragan
- 94-122 Do we really know what makes us happy A review of the economic literature on the factors associated with subjective well-being
by Dolan, Paul & Peasgood, Tessa & White, Mathew
- 123-125 Information Markets: A New Way of Making Decisions, Robert W. Hahn, Paul C. Tetlock (Eds.), AEI-Brookings Joint Center for Regulatory Studies, Washington, DC (2006), xi+201 pp., $25.00, ISBN: 0-8447-4228-7, ISBN: 978-0-8447-4228-1
by Kalovcova, Katarina & Ortmann, Andreas
2007, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 631-645 Eliciting Gul's theory of disappointment aversion by the tradeoff method
by Abdellaoui, Mohammed & Bleichrodt, Han
- 646-657 Trust between individuals and groups: Groups are less trusting than individuals but just as trustworthy
by Kugler, Tamar & Bornstein, Gary & Kocher, Martin G. & Sutter, Matthias
- 658-677 Do shared features of offered alternatives have an effect in consumer choice?
by Li, Shu & Zheng, Rui & Li, Li-Bo
- 678-691 Misperception of chance and loss repair: On the dynamics of tax compliance
by Maciejovsky, Boris & Kirchler, Erich & Schwarzenberger, Herbert
- 692-703 Buying a pig in a poke: An experimental study of unconditional veto power
by Gehrig, Thomas & Guth, Werner & Levati, Vittoria & Levinsky, Rene & Ockenfels, Axel & Uske, Tobias & Weiland, Torsten
- 704-727 A self-interest analysis of justice and tax compliance: How distributive justice moderates the effect of outcome favorability
by Verboon, Peter & van Dijke, Marius
2007, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 529-544 The value of choice in insurance purchasing
by Szrek, Helena & Baron, Jonathan
- 545-565 On the relationship between Keynes's conception of evidential weight and the Ellsberg paradox
by Feduzi, Alberto
- 566-589 Entrepreneurial locus of control and competitive strategies - The moderating effect of environmental dynamism
by Wijbenga, Frits H. & van Witteloostuijn, Arjen
- 590-605 Growth in career earnings and the role of achievement-related traits
by O'Connell, Michael & Sheikh, Hammad
- 606-621 Action bias among elite soccer goalkeepers: The case of penalty kicks
by Bar-Eli, Michael & Azar, Ofer H. & Ritov, Ilana & Keidar-Levin, Yael & Schein, Galit
- 622-624 Peter Diamond and Hannu Vartiainen, Editors, Behavioral Economics and Its Applications, Princeton University Press, USA (2007), p. xvi+312 ISBN-13: 978-0-691-12284-7, $45.00
by Dufwenberg, Martin
- 625-627 Vincent F. Hendricks and Pelle G. Hansen, Editors, Game theory: 5 questions, Automatic Press, New York (2007) ISBN 87-991013-4-3 v+233 pp., Soft-cover, US $26.00
by Chaudhuri, Ananish
- 628-629 Human Psychology and Economic Fluctuation. A New Basic Theory of Human Economics, Hideaki Tamura, Palgrave Macmillan 2006, pp. 192, $85.00, ISBN: 0-230-00482-2 (hbk)
by Ortmann, Andreas & Slobodyan, Sergey
2007, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 429-443 The psychological meaning of personal record collections and the impact of changing technological forms
by Giles, David C. & Pietrzykowski, Stephen & Clark, Kathryn E.
- 444-461 Filling the gap between planning and doing: Psychological factors involved in the successful implementation of saving intention
by Rabinovich, Anna & Webley, Paul
- 462-476 On the numerical forms of contingent valuation responses
by Whynes, David K. & Frew, Emma J. & Philips, Zoe N. & Covey, Judith & Smith, Richard D.
- 477-486 Promoting helping behavior with framing in dictator games
by Branas-Garza, Pablo
- 487-501 Improvements in self-control from financial monitoring
by Oaten, Megan & Cheng, Ken
- 502-527 "I think I can, I think I can": Overconfidence and entrepreneurial behavior
by Koellinger, Philipp & Minniti, Maria & Schade, Christian
2007, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 283-313 Does watching TV make us happy?
by Frey, Bruno S. & Benesch, Christine & Stutzer, Alois
- 314-323 Reciprocity and emotions in bargaining using physiological and self-report measures
by Ben-Shakhar, Gershon & Bornstein, Gary & Hopfensitz, Astrid & van Winden, Frans
- 324-337 Group identity, social distance and intergroup bias
by Ahmed, Ali M.
- 338-350 Risk attitude and market behavior: Evidence from experimental asset markets
by Fellner, Gerlinde & Maciejovsky, Boris
- 351-364 Decision-rule cascades and the dynamics of speculative bubbles
by Earl, Peter E. & Peng, Ti-Ching & Potts, Jason
- 365-386 Perceived harmony, similarity and cooperation in 2 x 2 games: An experimental study
by Zizzo, Daniel John & Tan, Jonathan H.W.
- 387-410 Gender differences in personality and earnings: Evidence from Russia
by Semykina, Anastasia & Linz, Susan J.
- 411-413 Traffic and Transport Psychology. Theory and Application: Proceedings of the ICTTP 2004, Geoffrey Underwood (Ed.), Elsevier Ltd. (2005), pp. xii + 621, (hbk) $180, ISBN: 0-08-044379-6
by Trimpop, Rudiger M. & Gericke, Gudrun
- 414-415 Charles A. Holt, Editor, Markets, Games, and Strategic Behavior, Addison-Wesley (2006) ISBN 9780321419316 p. xviii + 541, $66.67
by Kariv, Shachar
- 416-427 Negotiation, Decision Making and Conflict Management Vols. I-III, Max H. Bazerman (Ed.), Harvard Business School (USA), An Elgar Reference Collection, Cheltenham, UK, Northampton, MA, USA, (2005), X (3 volume set), $765.00, ISBN 1 84376 377
by Guth, Werner
2007, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 143-153 Inequality aversion and diminishing sensitivity
by Hill, Sarah A. & Neilson, William
- 154-169 Does "000,000" matter? Psychological effects of Turkish monetary reform
by Amado, Sonia & Tekozel, Mert & Topsever, Yurdal & Ranyard, Rob & Del Missier, Fabio & Bonini, Nicolao
- 170-185 Unrealistic optimism in consumer credit card adoption
by Yang, Sha & Markoczy, Livia & Qi, Min
- 186-196 Who regrets more after choosing a non-status-quo option? Post decisional regret under need for cognitive closure
by Mannetti, Lucia & Pierro, Antonio & Kruglanski, Arie
- 197-213 Status and distrust: The relevance of inequality and betrayal aversion
by Hong, Kessely & Bohnet, Iris
- 214-228 Money management systems in early marriage: Factors influencing change and stability
by Burgoyne, Carole B. & Reibstein, Janet & Edmunds, Anne & Dolman, Valda
- 229-241 Acquisition patterns of financial products: A longitudinal investigation
by Paas, Leonard J. & Bijmolt, Tammo H.A. & Vermunt, Jeroen K.
- 242-260 Cross-national gender differences in behavior in a threshold public goods game: Japan versus Canada
by Bram Cadsby, C. & Hamaguchi, Yasuyo & Kawagoe, Toshiji & Maynes, Elizabeth & Song, Fei
- 261-277 Rationality crossovers
by Cherry, Todd L. & Shogren, Jason F.
- 278-282 Bina Agarwal and Alessandro Vercelli, Editors, Psychology, Rationality and Economic Behavior, Palgrave MacMillan, New York (2005.) ISBN 978-1-4039-4253-1 (pp. xiii + 270), (Hardcover), $95.00
by Harrison, Glenn W.
2007, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-14 Heterogeneity in the relationship between income and happiness: A conceptual-referent-theory explanation
by Rojas, Mariano
- 15-30 Adding exchange to charity: A reference price explanation
by Briers, Barbara & Pandelaere, Mario & Warlop, Luk
- 31-52 Framing effects and risk perception: The effect of prior performance presentation format on investment fund choice
by Diacon, Stephen & Hasseldine, John
- 53-68 Weighing third-party fairness, efficiency, and self-interest in resource allocation decisions
by Johansson, Lars-Olof & Gustafsson, Mathias & Olsson, Lars & Garling, Tommy
- 69-78 Outcomes versus intentions: On the nature of fair behavior and its development with age
by Sutter, Matthias
- 79-92 How does procedural justice shape the desirability of markets?
by Sondak, Harris & Tyler, Tom R.
- 93-112 Activation of social norms in social dilemmas: A review of the evidence and reflections on the implications for environmental behaviour
by Biel, Anders & Thogersen, John
- 113-126 Determinants of the use of heuristic choice rules in the Swedish Premium Pension Scheme: An Internet-based survey
by Hedesstrom, Ted Martin & Svedsater, Henrik & Garling, Tommy
- 127-142 Learning to bargain
by Harbaugh, William T. & Krause, Kate & Vesterlund, Lise
2006, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 713-736 (How) Can we value health, safety and the environment?
by Loomes, Graham
- 737-761 Evidence against prospect theories in gambles with positive, negative, and mixed consequences
by Birnbaum, Michael H.
- 762-780 Psychological mechanisms of investors in Chinese Stock Markets
by Wang, Xiao Lu & Shi, Kan & Fan, Hong Xia
- 781-792 Multiple reference points in investor regret
by Lin, Chien-Huang & Huang, Wen-Hsien & Zeelenberg, Marcel
- 793-804 Twenty-five years of the Journal of Economic Psychology (1981-2005): A report on the development of an interdisciplinary field of research
by Kirchler, Erich & Holzl, Erik
- 805-807 Blink, The Power of Thinking Without Thinking, Malcolm Gladwell. Penguin Books, London (2006). pp. 280, Paperback, ISBN 0316172324, $15.99
by Ortmann, Andreas
- 808-810 Framed! Solve an Intriguing Mystery and Master How to Make Smart Choices. Hari Singh, HRD Press, Amherst, MA, USA (2006). 227 pp. (pbk), ISBN 0-87425-873-1, $24.95
by Skorepa, Michal
- 811-812 Amnon Rapoport, Rami Zwick (Eds.), Experimental Business Research, vols. II and III, Springer, 2005, pp. xvii+267, ISBN 0387242147 (vol. II); pp. xvii+318, ISBN 0387242155 (vol. III), $199
by Normann, Hans-Theo
- 813-815 Robert Winston, Human instinct: How our primeval impulses shape our modern lives, Bantam Press (2003) ISBN 0553814923 416, pp. (pbk), [UK pound] 8.99
by Azar, Ofer H.
- 816-821 Economic Theory and Cognitive Science: Microexplanation, Don Ross, Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), A Bradford Book, The MIT Press, 2005. x + 444 pp. ISBN 0-262-18246-7 (hbk), $47.00
by Wilcox, Nathaniel T.
2006, Volume 27, Issue 5
- 603-608 Thomas C. Schelling's psychological decision theory: Introduction to a special issue
by Colman, Andrew M.
- 609-621 Finding the key: The riddle of focal points
by Sugden, Robert & Zamarron, Ignacio E.
- 622-634 On the strategic use of focal points in bargaining situations
by Janssen, Maarten C.W.
- 635-647 Focal points in coordinated divergence
by Heath, Chip & Ho, Ben & Berger, Jonah
- 648-666 Navigating congested networks with variable demand: Experimental evidence
by Rapoport, Amnon & Mak, Vincent & Zwick, Rami
- 667-680 Valuing future life and future lives: A framework for understanding discounting
by Frederick, Shane
- 681-693 Which side are you on? The ethics of self-command
by Read, Daniel
- 694-712 Invest now, drink later, spend never: On the mental accounting of delayed consumption
by Shafir, Eldar & Thaler, Richard H.
2006, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 463-482 Life cycle happiness and its sources: Intersections of psychology, economics, and demography
by Easterlin, Richard A.
- 483-501 Non-take-up of tax-favored savings plans: Evidence from Dutch employees
by Alessie, Rob & Hochguertel, Stefan & van Soest, Arthur
- 502-517 Shared subjective views, intent to cooperate and tax compliance: Similarities between Australian taxpayers and tax officers
by Kirchler, Erich & Niemirowski, Apolonia & Wearing, Alexander
- 518-530 Cognitive and emotional factors affecting currency perception
by Tyszka, Tadeusz & Przybyszewski, Krzysztof
- 531-542 Euro illusion or the reverse? Effects of currency and income on evaluations of prices of consumer products
by Gamble, Amelie
- 543-556 Indicators of personal financial debt using a multi-disciplinary behavioral model
by Stone, Brice & Maury, Rosalinda Vasquez
- 557-570 Does the framing of investment portfolios influence risk-taking behavior? Some experimental results
by Steul, Martina
- 571-588 The role of mental accounting in consumer credit decision processes
by Ranyard, Rob & Hinkley, Lisa & Williamson, Janis & McHugh, Sandie
- 589-597 The role of emotions in the endowment effect
by Lin, Chien-Huang & Chuang, Shih-Chieh & Kao, Danny T. & Kung, Chaang-Yung
- 598-599 Caroline Gerschlager, Editor, Deception in Markets: An Economic Analysis, Palgrave Macmillan, Basingtoke, United Kingdom (2005) ISBN 1-4039-4345-1, p. xii+367 (hbk), $90.00
by Hey, John D.
- 600-602 Gordon R. Foxall, Understanding Consumer Choice, Palgrave Macmillan, New York (2005) pp. xvi+262, ISBN 1-4039-1492-3 (hbk), $95
by Azar, Ofer H.
2006, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 321-323 Editorial
by Antonides, Gerrit & Read, Daniel & Chapman, Gretchen & Gneezy, Uri & Hardman, David & Hogarth, Robin & Humphrey, Steve & Kirchler, Erich & Leiser, David & Lunt, Peter & Ortmann, Andreas
- 324-343 The role of self- and group-efficacy in moderated group chat
by van Dolen, Willemijn & de Ruyter, Ko & Carman, James
- 344-359 Hyperbolic discounting and the repeated self-control problem
by Kim, Jeong-Yoo
- 360-376 Process utility and help seeking: What do people want from experts?
by Tyler, Tom R.
- 377-385 Determinants of willingness to pay in separate and joint evaluations of options: Context matters
by Sevdalis, Nick & Harvey, Nigel
- 386-401 Explaining heterogeneity in utility functions by individual differences in decision modes
by Schunk, Daniel & Betsch, Cornelia
- 402-422 Tax evasion and income source: A comparative experimental study
by Gerxhani, Klarita & Schram, Arthur
- 423-440 Price discrimination through online couponing: Impact on likelihood of purchase and profitability
by Shor, Mikhael & Oliver, Richard L.
- 441-458 The different effect of primary and secondary product attributes on customer satisfaction
by Brechan, Inge
- 459-461 Tilmann Betsch and Susanne Haberstroh, Editors, The Routines of Decision Making, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Mahwah, NJ (2005) pp. xxx + 392, $45
by Devetag, Giovanna
2006, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 187-204 On the dynamics of social ties structures in groups
by Sonnemans, Joep & Dijk, Frans van & Winden, Frans van
- 205-223 Identity, entropy and culture
by Beaudreau, Bernard C.
- 224-246 Culture differences and tax morale in the United States and in Europe
by Alm, James & Torgler, Benno
- 247-261 Teach your children well: Values of thrift and saving
by Anderson, C. Leigh & Nevitte, Neil
- 262-284 Peer crowds, work experience, and financial saving behaviour of young Canadians
by Erskine, Michele & Kier, Cheryl & Leung, Ambrose & Sproule, Robert
- 285-303 Investing in stocks: The influence of financial risk attitude and values-related money and stock market attitudes
by Keller, Carmen & Siegrist, Michael
- 304-320 Tax framing, Instrumentality and individual differences: Are there two different cultures?
by Cullis, John & Jones, Philip & Lewis, Alan
2006, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-5 Foreword
by Webley, Paul & Young, Brian
- 6-19 Children's understanding of market forces
by Leiser, David & Beth Halachmi, Reut
- 20-35 Occupational hierarchy as a device to study Mexican children's and adolescents' ideas about consumption and saving in adults
by Diez-Martinez, Evelyn & Ochoa, Azucena
- 36-56 Chinese children's understanding of commercial communications: A comparison of cognitive development and social learning models
by Chan, Kara & McNeal, James U.
- 57-72 Children's use of saving strategies: An experimental approach
by Otto, Annette M.C. & Schots, Paul A.M. & Westerman, Joris A.J. & Webley, Paul
- 73-97 The development of interpersonal strategy: Autism, theory-of-mind, cooperation and fairness
by Sally, David & Hill, Elisabeth
- 98-116 Adolescent-adult interactions and culture in the ultimatum game
by Hoffmann, Robert & Tee, Jin-Yee
- 117-139 A stage for the rational tail of the emotional dog: Roles of moral reasoning in group decision making
by Takezawa, Masanori & Gummerum, Michaela & Keller, Monika
- 140-164 Parents' influence on children's future orientation and saving
by Webley, Paul & Nyhus, Ellen K.
- 165-183 Preference formation, school dissatisfaction and risky behavior of adolescents
by Levy-Garboua, Louis & Loheac, Youenn & Fayolle, Bertrand
2005, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 797-826 A consumer behavior approach to modeling monopolistic competition
by Davies, Antony & Cline, Thomas W.
- 827-841 How important is your personality? Labor market returns to personality for women in the US and UK
by Groves, Melissa Osborne
- 842-861 Long live Fenerbahce: The production boosting effects of football
by Berument, Hakan & Yucel, Eray M.
- 862-883 Misperceptions of social norms about tax compliance: From theory to intervention
by Wenzel, Michael
- 884-901 Typology of causes of poverty: The perception of Iranian farmers
by Hayati, Dariush & Karami, Ezatollah
- 902-913 Fairness judgments in household decision making
by Antonides, Gerrit & Kroft, Maaike
2005, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 607-623 Lemons on the Web: A signalling approach to the problem of trust in Internet commerce
by Lee, Boon-Chye & Ang, Lawrence & Dubelaar, Chris
- 624-641 A cross-cultural examination of the relationship between materialism and individual values
by Kilbourne, William & Grünhagen, Marko & Foley, Janice
- 642-663 Debt and distress: Evaluating the psychological cost of credit
by Brown, Sarah & Taylor, Karl & Wheatley Price, Stephen
- 664-681 Conformity and reciprocity in public good provision
by Bardsley, Nicholas & Sausgruber, Rupert
- 682-710 Comparing preference reversal for general lotteries and income distributions
by Camacho-Cuena, Eva & Seidl, Christian & Morone, Andrea
- 711-731 Indirect reciprocity in cyclical networks: An experimental study
by Greiner, Ben & Vittoria Levati, M.
- 732-757 The ethical economy and competitive markets: Reconciling altruistic, moralistic, and ethical behavior with the rational economic agent and competitive markets
by Altman, Morris
- 758-761 Integrating ethics and altruism with economics, or altruism, economics, and Hume's Dictum - a response to Morris Altman
by Colander, David
- 762-766 The ethical economy and competitive markets: Reconciling, altruistic, moralistic and ethical behaviour with the rational economic agent and competitive markets: A commentary
by Cullis, John
- 767-773 Ethics and efficiency and the role for government in fostering ethical conduct within the framework of Altman's behavioral model
by Levine, Aaron
- 774-778 The economics of ethics revisited and importance of economics: A response to the critics
by Altman, Morris
- 779-784 Editorial Comment: Agreement between reviewers of Journal of Economic Psychology submissions
by Kemp, Simon
- 785-787 Daniel Friedman and Alessandra Cassar, Economics Lab: An Intensive Course in Experimental Economics, Routledge, London and New York (2004) pp. 248, £75.00, 0-415-32402-5 (pbk), £27.99, ISBN 0-415-32401-7 (hbk)
by Azar, Ofer H.
- 788-792 Cognitive Economics by Egidi, Massimo, & Rizzello, Salvatore (Vols. I and II), Elgar, Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA, USA, 2004. pp. xxv + 596 (Vol. I) and xi + 631 (Vol. II), (hbk), $475.00, ISBN 1-84064-780-9
by Wilcox, Nathaniel T.
- 793-795 Advances in Behavioral Economics by Camerer, Colin F., Loewenstein, George, & Rabin, Matthew. Princeton University Press, Princeton, 2004, pp. xxvi + 740, pbk, $35.00, ISBN 0-691-11682-2
by Harrison, Glenn W.
2005, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 469-490 Do smiles have a face value? Panel evidence from Amazonian Indians
by Godoy, Ricardo & Reyes-Garcia, Victoria & Huanca, Tomas & Tanner, Susan & Leonard, William R. & McDade, Thomas & Vadez, Vincent
- 491-508 Motivation or rationalisation? Causal relations between ethics, norms and tax compliance
by Wenzel, Michael
- 509-522 Compulsive buying in maturing consumer societies: An empirical re-inquiry
by Neuner, Michael & Raab, Gerhard & Reisch, Lucia A.
- 523-540 A threat to tax morale: The case of Australian higher education policy
by Braithwaite, Valerie & Ahmed, Eliza
- 541-548 The influence of price trend expectations on price trend perceptions: Why the Euro seems to make life more expensive?
by Greitemeyer, Tobias & Schulz-Hardt, Stefan & Traut-Mattausch, Eva & Frey, Dieter
- 549-566 Why did you do that? An economic examination of the effect of extrinsic compensation on intrinsic motivation and performance
by James, Harvey Jr.
- 567-580 Mental accounting and decision making: Evidence under reverse conditions where money is spent for time saved
by Duxbury, Darren & Keasey, Kevin & Zhang, Hao & Chow, Shue Loong
- 581-598 The influence of place attachment on recreation demand
by Hailu, Getu & Boxall, Peter C. & McFarlane, Bonita L.
- 599-601 Cognitive Economics: An Interdisciplinary Approach by Paul Bourgine and Jean-Pierre Nadal, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2004. pp. xiv + 479 (hbk), $119.00, ISBN 3-540-40468-6
by Wilcox, Nathaniel T.
- 603-606 Models of a Man: Essays in Memory of Herbert A. Simon by Mie Augier, James G. March, The MIT Press Cambridge, Massachusetts, 2004. pp. xiv + 553, $45 (hbk), ISBN 0-262-01208-1
by Devetag, Giovanna
2005, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 327-341 Comparing the Protestant work ethic in the employed and unemployed in Australia
by Hassall, Stacey L. & Muller, Juanita J. & Hassall, Emma J.
- 343-361 Perceived fairness of pricing on the Internet
by Huang, Jen-Hung & Chang, Ching-Te & Chen, Cathy Yi-Hsuan
- 363-384 The effects of personality on earnings
by Nyhus, Ellen K. & Pons, Empar
- 387-391 Fear and loathing no more: The emergence of collaboration between economists and psychologists
by Handgraaf, Michel J.J. & Fred van Raaij, W.
- 393-406 Managing cooperation via procedural fairness: The mediating influence of self-other merging
by De Cremer, David & Tyler, Tom R. & Ouden, Nathalie den
- 407-429 The impact of real effort and emotions in the power-to-take game
by Bosman, Ronald & Sutter, Matthias & van Winden, Frans
- 431-441 The specificity of social dilemma situations
by Poppe, Matthijs
- 443-458 The effect of feedback on support for a sanctioning system in a social dilemma: The difference between installing and maintaining the sanction
by Mulder, Laetitia B. & van Dijk, Eric & Wilke, Henk A.M. & De Cremer, David
- 459-468 Buying and selling exchange goods: Outcome information, curiosity and the endowment effect
by van de Ven, Niels & Zeelenberg, Marcel & van Dijk, Eric
2005, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 159-185 Adult economic model and values survey: Cross-national differences in economic beliefs
by Allen, Michael W. & Ng, Sik Hung & Leiser, David
- 187-200 Affluence cues and first impressions: Does it matter how the affluence was acquired?
by Christopher, Andrew N. & Morgan, Ryan D. & Marek, Pam & Troisi, Jordan D. & Jones, Jason R. & Reinhart, David F.
- 201-221 Emotions as a mechanism for boundedly rational agents: The fast and frugal way
by Muramatsu, Roberta & Hanoch, Yaniv
- 223-241 Explaining choice option attractiveness by beliefs elicited by the laddering method
by Grunert, Klaus G. & Bech-Larsen, Tino
- 243-254 Money adventures: Introducing economic concepts to preschool children in the South African context
by Roos, V. & Chiroro, P. & van Coppenhagen, C. & Smith, I. & van Heerden, E. & Abdoola, R.E. & Robertson, K. & Beukes, C.
- 255-268 Relation of job search and choice process with subsequent satisfaction
by Crossley, Craig D. & Highhouse, Scott
- 269-287 Is "discrimination" necessary to explain the sex gap in earnings?
by Kanazawa, Satoshi
- 289-312 Effects of study design characteristics on the WTA-WTP disparity: A meta analytical framework
by Sayman, Serdar & Onculer, Ayse
- 313-325 Psychological consequences on prices expectations of the currency as a unit of account
by Ferrari, L. & Lozza, E.
2005, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-20 The framing effect and risky decisions: Examining cognitive functions with fMRI
by Gonzalez, Cleotilde & Dana, Jason & Koshino, Hideya & Just, Marcel
- 21-34 The hierarchical structure of saving motives
by Canova, Luigina & Rattazzi, Anna Maria Manganelli & Webley, Paul
- 35-57 Compatibility effects in evaluations of satisfaction and loyalty
by Auh, Seigyoung & Johnson, Michael D.
- 59-72 Categorising farming values as economic, conservation and lifestyle
by Maybery, Darryl & Crase, Lin & Gullifer, Chris
- 73-87 Factors in lay preferences for government or private supply of services
by Mahoney, Michelle S. & Kemp, Simon & Webley, Paul
- 89-103 Individual investors' reactions to decimalization: Innovation diffusion in financial markets
by Chakravarty, Sugato & Dubinsky, Alan
- 105-128 Consumers, food and convenience: The long way from resource constraints to actual consumption patterns
by Scholderer, Joachim & Grunert, Klaus G.
- 129-146 Currencies as cultural symbols - an existential psychological perspective on reactions of Germans toward the Euro
by Jonas, Eva & Fritsche, Immo & Greenberg, Jeff