When symbolism overtakes quality: Materialists consumers disregard product quality when faced with luxury brands
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richins, Marsha L, 1994. "Special Possessions and the Expression of Material Values," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(3), pages 522-533, December.
- Gilles Laurent & B. Dubois, 1994. "Attitudes Towards the Concept of Luxury: an exploratory analysis," Post-Print hal-00829066, HAL.
- Bruno Godey & Daniele Pederzoli & Gaetano Aiello & Raffaele Donvito & Klaus-Peter Wiedmann, 2009. "An international perspective on luxury brand and country of origin effect," Post-Print hal-00565479, HAL.
- Anthony D. Miyazaki & Dhruv Grewal & Ronald C. Goodstein, 2005. "The Effect of Multiple Extrinsic Cues on Quality Perceptions: A Matter of Consistency," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 146-153, June.
- Gil, Luciana A. & Kwon, Kyoung-Nan & Good, Linda K. & Johnson, Lester W., 2012. "Impact of self on attitudes toward luxury brands among teens," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1425-1433.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- JÃ¡nos Debreceni, 2018. "Tangible or Intangible Ways to Happiness? Consumption Related Values Among Adolescents," European Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies Articles, European Center for Science Education and Research, vol. 3, EJMS Sept.
- Bahri-Ammari, Nedra & Coulibaly, Daouda & Ben Mimoun, Mohamed Slim, 2020. "The bandwagon luxury consumption in Tunisian case: The roles of independent and interdependent self concept," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer psychology; Materialism; Luxury; Brand; Quality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:61:y:2017:i:c:p:115-123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.