2003, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 33-46 Decision structuring to alleviate embedding in environmental valuation
by McDaniels, Timothy L. & Gregory, Robin & Arvai, Joseph & Chuenpagdee, Ratana
- 47-59 Sustainability in natural resource management
by Pasqual, Joan & Souto, Guadalupe
- 61-81 Dematerialization and capital maintenance: two sides of the sustainability coin
by Bartelmus, Peter
- 83-102 Eco-localism and sustainability
by Curtis, Fred
- 103-120 Expected effects of the ecological tax reform for the Polish economy
by Kiuila, Olga & Sleszynski, Jerzy
- 121-141 Allocating the responsibility of CO2 over-emissions from the perspectives of benefit principle and ecological deficit
by Ferng, Jiun-Jiun
- 143-157 Conflicts between biodiversity and carbon sequestration programs: economic and legal implications
by Caparros, Alejandro & Jacquemont, Frederic
- 159-171 The economics of slash and burn: a case study of the 1997-1998 Indonesian forest fires
by Varma, Anshuman
- 173-179 Resolving conflicting ecological and economic interests in the Korean DMZ: a valuation based approach
by John, Kun H. & Youn, Yeo C. & Shin, Joon H.
- 181-193 International diversification of investments in climate change mitigation
by Springer, Urs
- 195-196 Tourism, Biodiversity and Information: Edited by Francesco di Castri, Venkataraman Balaji, Backhuys Publishers, The Netherlands, 2002. 501 pp.; ISBN 90-5782-107-9
by Gossling, Stefan
- 197-198 A Thousand Shades of Green: Sustainable Strategies for Competitive Advantage: By Pieter Winsemius, Ulrich Guntram, Earthscan Publishers, 2002. 251 pp.; ISBN 1-85383-846-2
by Harrison, Neil E.
2003, Volume 45, Issue 3
- 315-317 Introduction and overview to the Special Issue on animal genetic resources
by Drucker, Adam G. & Scarpa, Riccardo
- 319-330 Animal genetic resources and economic development: issues in relation to economic valuation
by Rege, J. E. O. & Gibson, J. P.
- 331-339 Animal genetic resources and sustainable livelihoods
by Anderson, Simon
- 341-351 The need to conserve farm animal genetic resources in Africa: should policy makers be concerned?
by Wollny, Clemens B. A.
- 353-363 Valuing animal genetic resources: lessons from plant genetic resources
by Gollin, Douglas & Evenson, Robert
- 365-376 Socioeconomic causes of loss of animal genetic diversity: analysis and assessment
by Tisdell, Clem
- 377-392 An approach to the optimal allocation of conservation funds to minimize loss of genetic diversity between livestock breeds
by Simianer, H. & Marti, S. B. & Gibson, J. & Hanotte, O. & Rege, J. E. O.
- 393-407 Using conjoint analysis to estimate farmer's preferences for cattle traits in West Africa
by Tano, Kouadio & Kamuanga, Mulumba & Faminow, Merle D. & Swallow, Brent
- 409-426 Valuing indigenous cattle breeds in Kenya: an empirical comparison of stated and revealed preference value estimates
by Scarpa, Riccardo & Ruto, Eric S. K. & Kristjanson, Patti & Radeny, Maren & Drucker, Adam G. & Rege, John E. O.
- 427-443 Valuing genetic resources in peasant economies: the case of 'hairless' creole pigs in Yucatan
by Scarpa, Riccardo & Drucker, Adam G. & Anderson, Simon & Ferraes-Ehuan, Nancy & Gomez, Veronica & Risopatron, Carlos R. & Rubio-Leonel, Olga
- 445-459 Costs and benefits of preserving farm animal genetic resources from extinction: CVM and Bio-economic model for valuing a conservation program for the Italian Pentro horse
by Cicia, Gianni & D'Ercole, Elisabetta & Marino, Davide
- 461-472 Does breed matter to cattle farmers and buyers?: Evidence from West Africa
by Jabbar, M. A. & Diedhiou, M. L.
- 473-485 Economic evaluation of smallholder subsistence livestock production: lessons from an Ethiopian goat development program
by Ayalew, W. & King, J. M. & Bruns, E. & Rischkowsky, B.
- 487-499 Domestic animal biodiversity conservation: a case study of rural development plans in the European Union
by Signorello, Giovanni & Pappalardo, Gioacchino
- 501-510 The challenge of conserving indigenous domesticated animals
by Mendelsohn, Robert
2003, Volume 45, Issue 2
- 159-169 Consumption process and multiple valuation of landscape attributes
by Gonzalez, Matias & Leon, Carmelo J.
- 171-188 Consumption dynamics and technological change--exemplified by the mobile phone and related technologies
by Ropke, Inge
- 189-202 Simulating a relative environmental effect of glyphosate-resistant soybeans
by Nelson, Gerald C. & Bullock, David S.
- 203-220 Are left-wing party strength and corporatism good for the environment? Evidence from panel analysis of air pollution in OECD countries
by Neumayer, Eric
- 221-236 Sustainable farm income in the presence of soil erosion: an agricultural Hartwick rule
by Hediger, Werner
- 237-254 Is it as bad as it sounds or as good as it looks? Experiences of Finnish water discharge limits
by Mickwitz, Per
- 255-270 Ordering effects in nested 'top-down' and 'bottom-up' contingent valuation designs
by Powe, N. A. & Bateman, I. J.
- 271-279 Is the Tasmanian tiger extinct? A biological-economic re-evaluation
by Bulte, Erwin H. & Horan, Richard D. & Shogren, Jason F.
- 281-296 For better or for worse, till the human development index do us part?
by Morse, Stephen
- 297-309 Multiple-attribute evaluation of ecosystem management for the Missouri River system
by Prato, Tony
- 311-312 Selling Forest Environmental Services: Market-based Mechanisms for Conservation and Development: Edited by Stefano Pagiola, Earthscan Publications, 2002. 336 pp.; ISBN: 1-85383-888-8
by Cox, G.
- 313-313 Erratum to "Relative importance and determinants of landowners' transaction costs in collaborative wildlife management in Kenya: an empirical analysis": [Ecological Economics 45 (2003) 59-73]
by Mburu, John & Birner, Regina & Zeller, Manfred
2003, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 3-10 Do individual preferences explain the Environmental Kuznets curve?
by Roca, Jordi
- 11-18 'Full' world versus 'empty' world paradigm at the time of globalisation
by Farina, A. & Johnson, A. R. & Turner, S. J. & Belgrano, A.
- 19-27 A flower in full blossom?: Ecological economics at the crossroads between normal and post-normal science
by Muller, Adrian
- 29-39 Status-seeking and material affluence: evaluating the Hirsch hypothesis
by Brekke, Kjell Arne & Howarth, Richard B. & Nyborg, Karine
- 41-57 Material flow accounts, balances and derived indicators for the Czech Republic during the 1990s: results and recommendations for methodological improvements
by Scasny, Milan & Kovanda, Jan & Hak, Tomas
- 59-73 Relative importance and determinants of landowners' transaction costs in collaborative wildlife management in Kenya: an empirical analysis
by Mburu, John & Birner, Regina & Zeller, Manfred
- 75-90 Incorporating stakeholder values into regional forest planning: a value function approach
by Ananda, Jayanath & Herath, Gamini
- 91-104 Forest resource trade between Japan and Southeast Asia: the structure of dual decay
by Seo, Kami & Taylor, Jonathan
- 105-117 Economic impact of biological control of water hyacinth in Southern Benin
by De Groote, H. & Ajuonu, O. & Attignon, S. & Djessou, R. & Neuenschwander, P.
- 119-132 Demand-side policies for environmental protection and sustainable usage of renewable resources
by Caviglia-Harris, Jill L. & Kahn, James R. & Green, Trellis
- 133-148 Determinants of CO2 emissions in a small open economy
by Friedl, Birgit & Getzner, Michael
- 149-158 Yield increase attributable to aphid predation by ground-living polyphagous natural enemies in spring barley in Sweden
by Ostman, Orjan & Ekbom, Barbara & Bengtsson, Janne
2003, Volume 44, Issue 2-3
- 159-163 Identifying critical natural capital
by Ekins, Paul & Folke, Carl & De Groot, Rudolf
- 165-185 A framework for the practical application of the concepts of critical natural capital and strong sustainability
by Ekins, Paul & Simon, Sandrine & Deutsch, Lisa & Folke, Carl & De Groot, Rudolf
- 187-204 Importance and threat as determining factors for criticality of natural capital
by De Groot, Rudolf & Van der Perk, Johan & Chiesura, Anna & van Vliet, Arnold
- 205-217 The critical natural capital of ecosystem performance as insurance for human well-being
by Deutsch, Lisa & Folke, Carl & Skanberg, Kristian
- 219-231 Critical natural capital: a socio-cultural perspective
by Chiesura, Anna & de Groot, Rudolf
- 233-254 Maintaining the integrity of the French terroir: a study of critical natural capital in its cultural context
by Douguet, Jean-Marc & O'Connor, Martin
- 255-275 An illustrative application of the CRITINC framework to the UK
by Ekins, Paul & Simon, Sandrine
- 277-292 Identifying critical natural capital: Conclusions about critical natural capital
by Ekins, Paul
- 293-307 Food and life cycle energy inputs: consequences of diet and ways to increase efficiency
by Carlsson-Kanyama, Annika & Ekstrom, Marianne Pipping & Shanahan, Helena
- 309-323 Property rights to multi-attribute fishery resources
by Edwards, Steven F.
- 325-344 Timber harvest adjacency economies, hunting, species protection, and old growth value: seeking the dynamic optimum
by Rose, Steven K. & Chapman, Duane
- 345-358 Applying contingent valuation in China to measure the total economic value of restoring ecosystem services in Ejina region
by Zhongmin, Xu & Guodong, Cheng & Zhiqiang, Zhang & Zhiyong, Su & Loomis, John
- 359-369 Life-cycle economic model of small treatment wetlands for domestic wastewater disposal
by Steer, David & Aseltyne, Todd & Fraser, Lauchlan
- 371-372 Sustainable Community Development; Studies in Economic, Environmental, and Cultural Revitalization, Marie D. Hoff, Boca Raton: Lewis Publishers (1998), 264 pp., ISBN 1-57444-129-9
by Hahn, T.
2003, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 1-9 The failure of the profit motive
by Lux, Kenneth
- 11-27 From groundless universalism to grounded generalism: improving ecological economic indicators of human-environmental interaction
by Hukkinen, Janne
- 29-42 The impact of population pressure on global carbon dioxide emissions, 1975-1996: evidence from pooled cross-country data
by Shi, Anqing
- 43-62 Economic valuation of the Leuser National Park on Sumatra, Indonesia
by van Beukering, Pieter J. H. & Cesar, Herman S. J. & Janssen, Marco A.
- 63-76 Measuring dispositions for lexicographic preferences of environmental goods: integrating economics, psychology and ethics
by Rosenberger, Randall S. & Peterson, George L. & Clarke, Andrea & Brown, Thomas C.
- 77-89 Sustainable globalisation
by Borghesi, Simone & Vercelli, Alessandro
- 91-103 The value of remoteness: a hedonic estimation of ranchette prices
by Sengupta, Sanchita & Osgood, Daniel Edward
- 105-118 A theoretical foundation to support the Index of Sustainable Economic Welfare (ISEW), Genuine Progress Indicator (GPI), and other related indexes
by Lawn, Philip A.
- 119-135 Policies for the management of weeds in natural ecosystems: the case of scotch broom (Cytisus scoparius, L.) in an Australian national park
by Odom, Doreen I. S. & Cacho, Oscar J. & Sinden, J. A. & Griffith, Garry R.
- 137-151 Applying physical input-output analysis to estimate land appropriation (ecological footprints) of international trade activities
by Hubacek, Klaus & Giljum, Stefan
- 153-153 Erratum to "The benefits and costs of riparian analysis habitat preservation: a willingness to accept/willingness to pay contingent valuation approach": [Ecological Economics 43(2002) 17-31]
by Amigues, Jean-Pierre & Boulatoff (Broadhead), Catherine & Desaigues, Brigitte & Gauthier, Caroline & Keith, John E.
2002, Volume 43, Issue 2-3
- 105-126 Technological change in economic models of environmental policy: a survey
by Loschel, Andreas
- 127-140 Environmentally sustainable household consumption: from aggregate environmental pressures to priority fields of action
by Spangenberg, Joachim H. & Lorek, Sylvia
- 141-158 Analyzing the Kyoto Protocol under the Marrakesh Accords: economic efficiency and environmental effectiveness
by den Elzen, Michel G. J. & de Moor, Andre P. G.
- 159-174 A sensitivity analysis of the Korean composite environmental index
by Kang, Sang Mok
- 175-183 Soil fertility management and socio-economic factors in crop-livestock systems in Burkina Faso: a case study of composting technology
by Somda, Jacques & Nianogo, A. Joseph & Nassa, Suleymane & Sanou, Seydou
- 185-197 Waste not or want not? A contingent ranking analysis of curbside waste disposal options
by Caplan, Arthur J. & Grijalva, Therese C. & Jakus, Paul M.
- 199-211 Ecological footprint analysis as a tool to assess tourism sustainability
by Gossling, Stefan & Hansson, Carina Borgstrom & Horstmeier, Oliver & Saggel, Stefan
- 213-230 Implementing greenhouse gas trading in Europe: lessons from economic literature and international experiences
by Boemare, Catherine & Quirion, Philippe
- 231-244 Preferences and multiple use forest management
by van Rensburg, Tom M. & Mill, Greig A. & Common, Mick & Lovett, Jon
- 245-259 Envisioning shared goals for humanity: a detailed, shared vision of a sustainable and desirable USA in 2100
by Farley, Joshua & Costanza, Robert
- 261-275 The local costs of establishing protected areas in low-income nations: Ranomafana National Park, Madagascar
by Ferraro, Paul J.
- 277-286 Stocks, flows and complementarity: formalizing a basic insight of ecological economics
by Kraev, Egor
2002, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-16 Environmental and social degradation as the engine of economic growth
by Bartolini, Stefano & Bonatti, Luigi
- 17-31 The benefits and costs of riparian analysis habitat preservation: a willingness to accept/willingness to pay contingent valuation approach
by Amigues, Jean-Pierre & Boulatoff (Broadhead), Catherine & Desaigues, Brigitte & Gauthier, Caroline & Keith, John E.
- 33-47 Towards a genuine exchange value of nature: interactions between humans and nature in a principal-agent-framework
by Nuppenau, Ernst-August
- 49-59 Valuing the non-market benefits of wild goose conservation: a comparison of interview and group based approaches
by Macmillan, Douglas C. & Philip, Lorna & Hanley, Nick & Alvarez-Farizo, Begona
- 61-70 The role of land tenure and extension education in the adoption of slash and burn agriculture
by Schuck, Eric C. & Nganje, William & Yantio, Debazou
- 71-85 Water use in the Spanish economy: an input-output approach
by Duarte, Rosa & Sanchez-Choliz, Julio & Bielsa, Jorge
- 87-99 Choice of insect management portfolios by organic farmers: lessons and comparative analysis
by Lohr, Luanne & Park, Timothy A.
- 101-102 The New Economy of Nature: The Quest to Make Conservation Profitable: By Gretchen C. Daily, Katherine Ellison, Island Press, Washington, DC, 2002. 260 pp.; ISBN 1559639458
by Luck, Gary
2002, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 351-352 New Editor for Ecological Economics
by Costanza, Robert
- 353-358 Changing of the Guard at Ecological Economics
by Cleveland, Cutler J.
- 359-368 Ecological agriculture in China: bridging the gap between rhetoric and practice of sustainability
by Shi, Tian
- 369-379 The market for tradable renewable energy credits
by Berry, David
- 381-389 Technical progress, structural change, and the environmental Kuznets curve
by Pasche, Markus
- 391-400 Consumer's willingness to pay more for municipal supplied water: a case study
by Raje, D. V. & Dhobe, P. S. & Deshpande, A. W.
- 401-413 An estimation of the cost of sustainable production of metal concentrates from the earth's crust
by Steen, Bengt & Borg, Gunnar
- 415-427 Ecological public functions and fiscal equalisation at the local level in Germany
by Ring, Irene
- 429-443 Sustainable growth criteria: Minimum benchmarks and scenarios for employment and the environment
by Spangenberg, Joachim H. & Omann, Ines & Hinterberger, Friedrich
- 445-457 Modeling the choice to switch from fuelwood to electricity: Implications for giant panda habitat conservation
by An, Li & Lupi, Frank & Liu, Jianguo & Linderman, Marc A. & Huang, Jinyan
- 459-467 Knowledge and recognition of ecosystem services among the general public in a drainage basin in Scania, Southern Sweden
by Lewan, Lillemor & Soderqvist, Tore
- 469-478 An economic analysis of predator removal approaches for protecting marine turtle nests at Hobe Sound National Wildlife Refuge
by Engeman, Richard M. & Shwiff, Stephanie A. & Constantin, Bernice & Stahl, Margo & Smith, Henry T.
- 479-491 Judged seriousness of environmental losses: reliability and cause of loss
by Brown, Thomas C. & Nannini, Dawn & Gorter, Robert B. & Bell, Paul A. & Peterson, George L.
- 493-494 The Origins of Ecological Economics: The Bioeconomics of Georgescu-Roegen: Routledge Research in Environmental Economics, Edited by Kozo Mayumi, Routledge (Taylor and Francis Group), London, 2001, 161 pp. ISBN 0-415-23523-5; [UK pound]stg 55, Hard Bound
by Peet, John
- 495-497 Learning to manage global environmental risks: a comparative history of social responses to climate change, ozone depletion and acid rain: Review of: The Social Learning Group, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 2001
by Siebenhuner, B.
- 497-498 The Unified Neutral Theory of Biodiversity and Biogeography: By Stephen P. Hubbell, Monographs in Population Biology 32, Princeton University Press (2001), 375 pp.; ISBN 0-691-02128-7
by Bengtsson, Janne
- 498-499 Institutions, Ecosystems and Sustainability: Edited by R. Costanza, B.S. Low, E. Ostrom, J. Wilson, Lewis Publishers, 2001. 270 pp.; ISBN 1-56670-389-1
by Anderies, John M.
- 500-501 Environmental Policies for Agricultural Pollution Control: Edited by J.S. Shortle, D.G. Abler, CABI Publishing, 2001. 224 pp.; ISBN 0-85199-399-0
by Wieser, Daniela Mencarelli & Hediger, Werner
- 501-502 The Way the Wind Blows: Climate, History, and Human Action: Edited by R.J. McIntosh, J.A. Tainter, S. Keech McIntosh, Columbia Press (2000), 413 pp.; ISBN 0-231-11208-4
by Redman, Charles L.
2002, Volume 42, Issue 1-2
- 3-3 I=PAT or I=PBAT?
by Diesendorf, Mark
- 5-7 The contemporary European copper cycle: introduction
by Graedel, T. E.
- 9-26 The contemporary European copper cycle: The characterization of technological copper cycles
by Graedel, T. E. & Bertram, M. & Fuse, K. & Gordon, R. B. & Lifset, R. & Rechberger, H. & Spatari, S.
- 27-42 The contemporary European copper cycle: 1 year stocks and flows
by Spatari, S. & Bertram, M. & Fuse, K. & Graedel, T. E. & Rechberger, H.
- 43-57 The contemporary European copper cycle: waste management subsystem
by Bertram, M. & Graedel, T. E. & Rechberger, H. & Spatari, S.
- 59-72 The contemporary European copper cycle: statistical entropy analysis
by Rechberger, H. & Graedel, T. E.
- 73-80 Are the economic costs of stabilising the atmosphere prohibitive?
by Azar, Christian & Schneider, Stephen H.
- 81-87 Economics, ecology-based communities, and sustainability
by Walter, Gerald R.
- 89-99 Dualism and sustainability
by Hamilton, Clive
- 101-106 Labor supply and the double-dividend
by Goodstein, Eban
- 107-116 Environmental tax reform: efficiency and political feasibility
by Felder, Stefan & Schleiniger, Reto
- 117-129 Successful transfer of environmentally sound technologies for greenhouse gas mitigation: a framework for matching the needs of developing countries
by Ramanathan, R.
- 131-145 Identifying public preferences for land preservation using the analytic hierarchy process
by Duke, Joshua M. & Aull-Hyde, Rhonda
- 147-164 The transferability of benefit transfer: contingent valuation of water quality improvements in Costa Rica
by Barton, David N.
- 165-183 The trade in babirusas and wild pigs in North Sulawesi, Indonesia
by Milner-Gulland, E. J. & Clayton, Lynn
- 185-199 Consumption patterns and their effects on land required for food
by Gerbens-Leenes, P. W. & Nonhebel, S.
- 201-220 Explaining changes in global sulfur emissions: an econometric decomposition approach
by Stern, David I.
- 221-242 An ecological economic simulation model of a non-selective grazing system in the Nama Karoo, South Africa
by Beukes, P. C. & Cowling, R. M. & Higgins, S. I.
- 243-257 Resource-based sustainability indicators: Chase County, Kansas, as example
by Herendeen, Robert A. & Wildermuth, Todd
- 259-271 Material substitution and path dependence: empirical evidence on the substitution of copper for aluminum
by Messner, Frank
- 273-287 Willing consumers--or locked-in? Policies for a sustainable consumption
by Sanne, Christer
- 289-299 Value of recreational fishing in the Brazilian Pantanal: a travel cost analysis using count data models
by Shrestha, Ram K. & Seidl, Andrew F. & Moraes, Andre S.
- 301-311 On the joint determination of biological and economic systems
by Settle, Chad & Crocker, Thomas D. & Shogren, Jason F.
- 313-331 Targeting conservation efforts in the presence of threshold effects and ecosystem linkages
by Wu, JunJie & Skelton-Groth, Katharine
- 333-347 An EKC-pattern in historical perspective: carbon dioxide emissions, technology, fuel prices and growth in Sweden 1870-1997
by Lindmark, Magnus
2002, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 367-373 Introduction to the special issue on the dynamics and value of ecosystem services: integrating economic and ecological perspectives
by Costanza, Robert & Farber, Steve
- 375-392 Economic and ecological concepts for valuing ecosystem services
by Farber, Stephen C. & Costanza, Robert & Wilson, Matthew A.
- 393-408 A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services
by de Groot, Rudolf S. & Wilson, Matthew A. & Boumans, Roelof M. J.
- 409-420 Complex systems and valuation
by Limburg, Karin E. & O'Neill, Robert V. & Costanza, Robert & Farber, Stephen
- 421-429 Accounting for the value of ecosystem services
by Howarth, Richard B. & Farber, Stephen
- 431-443 Discourse-based valuation of ecosystem services: establishing fair outcomes through group deliberation
by Wilson, Matthew A. & Howarth, Richard B.
- 445-456 Designing an integrated knowledge base to support ecosystem services valuation
by Villa, Ferdinando & Wilson, Matthew A. & de Groot, Rudolf & Farber, Steven & Costanza, Robert & Boumans, Roelof M. J.
- 457-478 Ecological production based pricing of biosphere processes
by Patterson, Murray G.
- 479-490 Measuring contributions to economic production--use of an Index of Captured Ecosystem Value
by Gustavson, Kent & Lonergan, Stephen C. & Ruitenbeek, Jack
- 491-507 Evaluating scale dependence of ecosystem service valuation: a comparison of NOAA-AVHRR and Landsat TM datasets
by Konarska, Keri M. & Sutton, Paul C. & Castellon, Michael
- 509-527 Global estimates of market and non-market values derived from nighttime satellite imagery, land cover, and ecosystem service valuation
by Sutton, Paul C. & Costanza, Robert
- 529-560 Modeling the dynamics of the integrated earth system and the value of global ecosystem services using the GUMBO model
by Boumans, Roelof & Costanza, Robert & Farley, Joshua & Wilson, Matthew A. & Portela, Rosimeiry & Rotmans, Jan & Villa, Ferdinando & Grasso, Monica
2002, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 175-176 Special Section: European Environmental History and Ecological Economics
by Martinez-Alier, Joan & Schandl, Heinz
- 177-201 The process of industrialization from the perspective of energetic metabolism: Socioeconomic energy flows in Austria 1830-1995
by Krausmann, Fridolin & Haberl, Helmut
- 203-221 Changes in the United Kingdom's natural relations in terms of society's metabolism and land-use from 1850 to the present day
by Schandl, Heinz & Schulz, Niels
- 223-234 Predicting future emissions based on characteristics of stocks
by van der Voet, Ester & Kleijn, Rene & Huele, Ruben & Ishikawa, Masanobu & Verkuijlen, Evert
- 235-255 Industry, environment and health through 200 years in Manchester
by Douglas, Ian & Hodgson, Rob & Lawson, Nigel
- 257-270 Environmental constraints on agricultural growth in 19th century granada (Southern Spain)
by Gonzalez de Molina, Manuel
- 271-288 Decline or increase? The standing timber stock in Finland, 1800-1997
by Myllyntaus, Timo & Mattila, Timo
- 289-303 Evolutionary psychology in ecological economics: consilience, consumption and contentment
by Jackson, Tim
- 305-328 Agglomeration bonus: an incentive mechanism to reunite fragmented habitat for biodiversity conservation
by Parkhurst, Gregory M. & Shogren, Jason F. & Bastian, Chris & Kivi, Paul & Donner, Jennifer & Smith, Rodney B. W.
- 329-344 Northwest coast indigenous institutions that supported resilience and sustainability
by Trosper, Ronald L.
- 345-359 The EU's Agenda 2000 reform for the agricultural sector: environmental and economic effects in Denmark
by Wier, Mette & Andersen, Johnny M. & Jensen, Jorgen D. & Jensen, Thomas C.
- 361-366 Scale and topology in the ecological economics sustainability paradigm
by Jordan, Geraldine J. & Fortin, Marie-Josee
2002, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 5-20 Ecological economics in China: origins, dilemmas and prospects
by Shi, Tian
- 21-31 Time preference in global warming calculations: a proposal for a unified index
by Fearnside, Philip M.
- 33-34 Fearnside's unified index for time preference: a comment
by Tol, Richard S. J.
- 35-36 Time preference: reply to Tol
by Fearnside, Philip M.
- 37-49 An ecological-economic modelling procedure to design compensation payments for the efficient spatio-temporal allocation of species protection measures
by Johst, Karin & Drechsler, Martin & Watzold, Frank
- 51-67 Embodied pollution in trade: estimating the 'environmental load displacement' of industrialised countries
by Muradian, Roldan & O'Connor, Martin & Martinez-Alier, Joan
- 69-83 Intergenerational equity and sustainability
by Padilla, Emilio
- 85-94 Pollution regulation and abatement efforts: evidence from China
by Wang, Hua
- 95-107 Rice monoculture and integrated rice-fish farming in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam--economic and ecological considerations
by Berg, Hakan
- 109-123 A time use perspective on the materials intensity of consumption
by Jalas, Mikko
- 125-144 Market-based conservation and local benefits: the case of argan oil in Morocco
by Lybbert, Travis J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Narjisse, Hamid
- 145-156 Information access, income distribution, and the Environmental Kuznets Curve
by Bimonte, Salvatore
- 157-174 A measure of sustainable national income for the Netherlands
by Gerlagh, Reyer & Dellink, Rob & Hofkes, Marjan & Verbruggen, Harmen
2002, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 317-320 Gasoline taxes, CAFE and the Kyoto Protocol
by Comeau, John & Chapman, Duane
- 321-322 Gasoline taxes, CAFE, and the Kyoto protocol
by Sipes, Kristin & Mendelsohn, Robert & Costanza, R.
- 323-333 Homo oeconomicus and homo politicus in Ecological Economics
by Faber, Malte & Petersen, Thomas & Schiller, Johannes
- 335-336 Debating concepts of human actors in ecological economics--a comment on Faber/Petersen/Schiller
by Siebenhuner, Bernd
- 337-349 Environmental amenities and agricultural land values: a hedonic model using geographic information systems data
by Bastian, Chris T. & McLeod, Donald M. & Germino, Matthew J. & Reiners, William A. & Blasko, Benedict J.
- 351-367 Causality between income and emission: a country group-specific econometric analysis
by Coondoo, Dipankor & Dinda, Soumyananda
- 369-378 Economic diversity, development capacity and sustainable development of China
by Xu, Zhongmin & Cheng, Guodong & Chen, Dongjin & Templet, Paul H.
- 379-395 Economic inequality and burden-sharing in the provision of local environmental quality
by Cardenas, Juan Camilo & Stranlund, John & Willis, Cleve
- 397-409 Local financial benefits of rain forests: comparative evidence from Amerindian societies in Bolivia and Honduras
by Godoy, R. & Overman, H. & Demmer, J. & Apaza, L. & Byron, E. & Huanca, T. & Leonard, W. & Perez, E. & Reyes-Garcia, V. & Vadez, V.
- 411-419 Restoration of the longleaf pine ecosystem on private lands in the US South: an ecological economic analysis
by Alavalapati, Janaki R. R. & Stainback, George A. & Carter, Douglas R.
- 421-440 Organizational patterns of economies: an ecological perspective
by Matutinovic, Igor
- 441-455 Development and government policies of the shrimp farming industry in Thailand in relation to mangrove ecosystems
by Huitric, Miriam & Folke, Carl & Kautsky, Nils
- 457-458 Protecting the commons. A framework for resource management in the Americas: Edited by Joanna Burger, Elinor Ostrom, Richard B. Norgaard, David Policansky and Bernard D. Goldstein, Island Press, Washington DC, 2001, xii+342 pp., index (paperback). ISBN 1-55963-738-2
by Carlsson, Lars
- 458-459 Fragile dominion: complexity and the commons: By Simon Levin, Perseus Publishing, Cambridge, MA, 1999, 250 pp. ISBN 0738201111
by Wilson, James
- 460-461 Ecological economics--an introduction: Gareth Edwards-Jones, Ben Davies, Salman Hussain, Blackwell Science, Oxford, 2000, vi+266 pp. ISBN 0-865-42796-8
by Martinez-Alier, Joan
2002, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 151-155 In search of sustainable human settlements: Prefatory remarks
by Capello, Roberta & Nijkamp, Peter
- 157-179 Externalities in urban sustainability: Environmental versus localization-type agglomeration externalities in a general spatial equilibrium model of a single-sector monocentric industrial city
by Verhoef, Erik T. & Nijkamp, Peter
- 181-198 An economic-ecological model of urban growth and urban externalities: empirical evidence from Italy
by Capello, Roberta & Faggian, Alessandra
- 199-216 Urban mobility and urban form: the social and environmental costs of different patterns of urban expansion
by Camagni, Roberto & Gibelli, Maria Cristina & Rigamonti, Paolo
- 217-233 City management and urban environmental indicators
by Button, Kenneth
- 235-252 Success factors for sustainable urban brownfield development: A comparative case study approach to polluted sites
by Nijkamp, Peter & Rodenburg, Caroline A. & Wagtendonk, Alfred J.
- 253-267 Growth, environment, and culture--encompassing competing ideologies in one 'new growth' model
by Hart, Rob
- 269-277 Selecting farming systems using a new multiple criteria decision model: the balancing and ranking method
by Strassert, Gunter & Prato, Tony