June 2006, Volume 58, Issue 1
- 134-145 Land ownership and conflicts over the use of resources: Implication for household vulnerability in eastern Ethiopia
by Bogale, Ayalneh & Taeb, Mohammed & Endo, Mitsugi
- 146-159 Motor vehicle insurance rating with pseudo emissions coverage
by Hickson, Allister
- 160-169 Is neoclassical microeconomics formally valid? An approach based on an analogy with equilibrium thermodynamics
by Sousa, Tania & Domingos, Tiago
- 170-181 A decision support method for environmental impact assessment using a fuzzy logic approach
by de Siqueira Campos Boclin, Andre & de Mello, Renato
- 182-191 Entropy, limits to growth, and the prospects for weak sustainability
by Krysiak, Frank C.
- 192-208 A Box-Cox Double-Hurdle model of wildlife valuation: The citizen's perspective
by Martinez-Espineira, Roberto
- 209-219 Optimal environmental taxes under relative consumption effects
by Howarth, Richard B.
June 2006, Volume 57, Issue 4
- 545-557 Social and private total Hicksian incomes of multiple use forests in Spain
by Campos, Pablo & Caparros, Alejandro
- 558-572 Conservation of endangered species: Can incentives work for private landowners?
by Langpap, Christian
- 573-582 Does 'better' discounting lead to 'worse' outcomes in long-run decisions? The dilemma of hyperbolic discounting
by Winkler, Ralph
- 583-594 Protest beliefs in contingent valuation: Explaining their motivation
by Meyerhoff, Jurgen & Liebe, Ulf
- 595-607 China's ecological rehabilitation: Unprecedented efforts, dramatic impacts, and requisite policies
by Xu, Jintao & Yin, Runsheng & Li, Zhou & Liu, Can
- 608-626 Towards sustainable consumption: Economic modelling of mobility and heating for Austria
by Kletzan, Daniela & Koppl, Angela & Kratena, Kurt & Schleicher, Stefan & Wuger, Michael
- 627-639 Incorporating stakeholder preferences for land conservation: Weights and measures in spatial MCA
by Strager, Michael P. & Rosenberger, Randall S.
- 640-658 Development and application of a multi-attribute sustainability function for Dutch dairy farming systems
by van Calker, K.J. & Berentsen, P.B.M. & Romero, C. & Giesen, G.W.J. & Huirne, R.B.M.
- 659-664 On the economics of sustainability
by Wagner, Jeffrey
- 665-678 Valuing ancient forest ecosystems: An analysis of backcountry hiking in Jasper National Park
by Englin, Jeffrey E. & McDonald, Jered M. & Moeltner, Klaus
- 679-697 Virtual land use and agricultural trade: Estimating environmental and socio-economic impacts
by Wurtenberger, Laura & Koellner, Thomas & Binder, Claudia R.
- 698-708 The influence of conversion of forest types on carbon sequestration and other ecosystem services in the South Central United States
by Sohngen, Brent & Brown, Sandra
- 709-723 Social dilemmas and public range management in Nevada
by van Kooten, G. Cornelis & Thomsen, Roy & Hobby, Thomas G. & Eagle, Alison J.
May 2006, Volume 57, Issue 3
- 333-345 Carbon taxation, prices and welfare in New Zealand
by Creedy, John & Sleeman, Catherine
- 346-358 Contrasting water footprints of cities in China and the United States
by Jenerette, G. Darrel & Wu, Wanli & Goldsmith, Susan & Marussich, Wendy A. & John Roach, W.
- 359-373 Natural resources, agriculture and property rights
by Fernandez, Linda
- 374-381 Index number analysis of Namibian water intensity
by Luyanga, Shadrick & Miller, Richard & Stage, Jesper
- 382-399 The epistemological challenge of self-modifying systems: Governance and sustainability in the post-normal science era
by Mayumi, Kozo & Giampietro, Mario
- 400-414 Behavioural attitudes towards water saving? Evidence from a study of environmental actions
by Gilg, Andrew & Barr, Stewart
- 415-429 Survey protocol and income effects in the contingent valuation of public goods: A meta-analysis
by Schlapfer, Felix
- 430-441 Comparison of contingent valuation and choice experiment in solid waste management programs in Macao
by Jin, Jianjun & Wang, Zhishi & Ran, Shenghong
- 442-465 Integrating economic analysis and the science of climate instability
by Hall, Darwin C. & Behl, Richard J.
- 466-476 Marine reserves: A bio-economic model with asymmetric density dependent migration
by Armstrong, Claire W. & Skonhoft, Anders
- 477-493 Monitoring and enforcement: Is two-tier regulation robust? -- A case study of Ankleshwar, India
by Kathuria, Vinish & Sterner, Thomas
- 494-506 A waste input-output life-cycle cost analysis of the recycling of end-of-life electrical home appliances
by Nakamura, Shinichiro & Kondo, Yasushi
- 507-519 A comparison of alternative certainty calibration techniques in contingent valuation
by Samnaliev, Mihail & Stevens, Thomas H. & More, Thomas
- 520-533 Relative shadow prices of social capital for household-level paper recycling units in Vietnam
by Van Ha, Nguyen & Kant, Shashi & Maclaren, Virginia
- 534-541 Physical and monetary input-output analysis: What makes the difference?
by Weisz, Helga & Duchin, Faye
May 2006, Volume 57, Issue 2
- 167-181 Income and emission: A panel data-based cointegration analysis
by Dinda, Soumyananda & Coondoo, Dipankor
- 182-189 Smooth transition pollution-income paths
by Aslanidis, Nektarios & Xepapadeas, Anastasios
- 190-208 Post-normal science in practice: A Q study of the potential for sustainable forestry in Washington State, USA
by Swedeen, Paula
- 209-228 Spatial scales, stakeholders and the valuation of ecosystem services
by Hein, Lars & van Koppen, Kris & de Groot, Rudolf S. & van Ierland, Ekko C.
- 229-238 Assessing income, population, and technology impacts on CO2 emissions in Canada: Where's the EKC?
by Lantz, V. & Feng, Q.
- 239-252 Prospective voluntary agreements for escaping techno-institutional lock-in
by Konnola, Totti & Unruh, Gregory C. & Carrillo-Hermosilla, Javier
- 253-268 Sustainable development in a post-Brundtland world
by Sneddon, Chris & Howarth, Richard B. & Norgaard, Richard B.
- 269-281 Analyzing the environmental performance of the Brazilian industrial sector
by Seroa da Motta, Ronaldo
- 282-305 Social choice, uncertainty about external costs and trade-off between intergenerational environmental impacts: The emblematic case of gas-based energy supply decentralization
by Gulli, Francesco
- 306-317 Household wealth status and natural resource use in the Kat River valley, South Africa
by Shackleton, Charlie M. & Shackleton, Sheona E.
- 318-330 Exploring cultural capital and its importance in sustainable development
by Cochrane, Phoebe
April 2006, Volume 57, Issue 1
- 1-14 The enlargement of the European Union: Effects on trade and emissions of greenhouse gases
by Zhu, Xueqin & van Ierland, Ekko
- 15-29 Consumer efficiency in conflict with GDP growth
by Norgard, Jorgen S.
- 30-44 Local identification and valuation of ecosystem goods and services from Opuntia scrublands of Ayacucho, Peru
by Rodriguez, Luis C. & Pascual, Unai & Niemeyer, Hermann M.
- 45-59 The influence of different characteristics of the EU environmental management and auditing scheme on technical environmental innovations and economic performance
by Rennings, Klaus & Ziegler, Andreas & Ankele, Kathrin & Hoffmann, Esther
- 60-74 Comparing augmented sustainability measures for Scotland: Is there a mismatch?
by Pezzey, John C.V. & Hanley, Nick & Turner, Karen & Tinch, Dugald
- 75-92 Mapping regional economic activity from night-time light satellite imagery
by Doll, Christopher N.H. & Muller, Jan-Peter & Morley, Jeremy G.
- 93-106 Refunded emission payments theory, distribution of costs, and Swedish experience of NOx abatement
by Sterner, Thomas & Hoglund Isaksson, Lena
- 107-121 Preferences for domestic fuel: Analysis with socio-economic factors and rankings in Kolkata, India
by Gupta, Gautam & Kohlin, Gunnar
- 122-139 Multi-attributed environmental index construction
by Hajkowicz, Stefan
- 140-151 Land-use options for Del Plata Basin in South America: Tradeoffs analysis based on ecosystem service provision
by Viglizzo, Ernesto F. & Frank, Federico C.
- 152-163 Reassessing the environmental Kuznets curve for CO2 emissions: A robustness exercise
by Galeotti, Marzio & Lanza, Alessandro & Pauli, Francesco
April 2006, Volume 56, Issue 4
- 455-474 Pesticide risk valuation in empirical economics: a comparative approach
by Maria Travisi, Chiara & Nijkamp, Peter & Vindigni, Gabriella
- 475-487 Distributional preferences in contingent valuation surveys
by Johnson, Laurie Tipton
- 488-507 Policy failure and stakeholder dissatisfaction in complex ecosystem management: The case of the Dutch Wadden Sea shellfishery
by Imeson, R.J. & van den Bergh, J.C.J.M.
- 508-523 The role of ecosystem valuation in environmental decision making: Hydropower relicensing and dam removal on the Elwha River
by Gowan, Charles & Stephenson, Kurt & Shabman, Leonard
- 524-533 Ethics, economics and environmental management
by Azqueta, Diego & Delacamara, Gonzalo
- 534-545 Energy, money, and pollution
by Roma, Antonio
- 546-559 Equity effects of alternative assignments of global environmental rights
by DeCanio, Stephen J. & Niemann, Paul
- 560-569 The assessment of households' recycling costs: The role of personal motives
by Berglund, Christer
- 570-583 Biological reserves, rare species and the trade-off between species abundance and species diversity
by Hamaide, Bertrand & ReVelle, Charles S. & Malcolm, Scott A.
- 584-593 A novel multiobjective programming approach dealing with qualitative and quantitative objectives for environmental management
by Hung, Ming-Lung & Yang, Wan-Fa & Ma, Hwong-Wen & Yang, Ya-Mei
- 594-609 Fair adaptation to climate change
by Paavola, Jouni & Adger, W. Neil
- 610-621 Implementing carbon credits for forests based on green accounting
by Cairns, Robert D. & Lasserre, Pierre
March 2006, Volume 56, Issue 3
- 309-311 Special issue on the Ecological Economics Think Tank, held in Auckland, New Zealand, 16 November 2003
by Patterson, Murray G. & Cole, Anthony O. & Jollands, Nigel A.
- 312-331 Development of ecological economics in Australia and New Zealand
by Patterson, Murray G.
- 332-342 A quest for the economics of sustainability and the sustainability of economics
by Ruth, Matthias
- 343-358 Technology and ecological economics: Promethean technology, Pandorian potential
by Small, Bruce & Jollands, Nigel
- 359-372 Concepts of efficiency in ecological economics: Sisyphus and the decision maker
by Jollands, Nigel
- 373-385 The catchment care principle: A new equity principle for environmental policy, with advantages for efficiency and adaptive governance
by Hatfield-Dodds, Steve
- 386-401 Reconciling economic and ecological conflicts for sustained management of grazing lands
by MacLeod, N.D. & McIvor, J.G.
- 402-411 A complex systems approach to the value of ecological resources
by Straton, Anna
- 412-423 Ecological pricing and transformity: A solution method for systems rarely at general equilibrium
by Patterson, Murray G. & Wake, Graeme C. & McKibbin, Robert & Cole, Anthony O.
- 424-439 Treading lightly: Ecofootprints of New Zealand's ageing population
by McDonald, Garry W. & Forgie, Vicky E. & MacGregor, Catherine
- 440-453 Using the Fisherian concept of income to guide a nation's transition to a steady-state economy
by Lawn, Philip
February 2006, Volume 56, Issue 2
- 159-161 The necessity for environmental taxes for the avoidance of environmental thievery. A note on the paper "Environmental responsibility versus taxation"
by Bithas, Kostas
- 162-175 Latent preferences and valuation of wetland ecosystem restoration
by Milon, J. Walter & Scrogin, David
- 176-189 Is there a turning point in the relationship between income and energy use and/or carbon emissions?
by Richmond, Amy K. & Kaufmann, Robert K.
- 190-208 Conserving energy in smallholder agriculture: A multi-objective programming case-study of northwest India
by Thankappan, Samarthia & Midmore, Peter & Jenkins, Tim
- 209-225 Bringing economic opportunity into line with environmental influence: A discussion on the Coase theorem and the Porter and van der Linde hypothesis
by Cerin, Pontus
- 226-240 An input-output model of water consumption: Analysing intersectoral water relationships in Andalusia
by Velazquez, Esther
- 241-255 The Montreal Protocol's multilateral fund and sustainable development
by Luken, Ralph & Grof, Tamas
- 256-267 The systems dynamics of endogenous population growth in a renewable resource-based growth model
by Krutilla, Kerry & Reuveny, Rafael
- 268-279 The effects of El Nino on the mackerel purse-seine fishery harvests in Taiwan: An analysis integrating the barometric readings and sea surface temperature
by Sun, Chin-Hwa & Chiang, Fu-Sung & Tsoa, Eugene & Chen, Min-Hsiang
- 280-293 Environmentally sensitive productivity growth: A global analysis using Malmquist-Luenberger index
by Kumar, Surender
- 294-307 The pricing of protected areas in nature-based tourism: A local perspective
by Alpizar, Francisco
January 2006, Volume 56, Issue 1
- 1-4 Slash and burn and fires in Indonesia: A comment
by Tacconi, Luca & Vayda, Andrew P.
- 5-27 Changing concepts of 'land' in economic theory: From single to multi-disciplinary approaches
by Hubacek, Klaus & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M.
- 28-48 Allocating ecological footprints to final consumption categories with input-output analysis
by Wiedmann, Thomas & Minx, Jan & Barrett, John & Wackernagel, Mathis
- 49-57 Deriving values for the ecological support function of wildlife: An indirect valuation approach
by Allen, Bryon P. & Loomis, John B.
- 58-70 Entropy and its misuse, I. Energy, free and otherwise
by Gillett, Stephen L.
- 71-78 Entropy, free energy, work, and other thermodynamic variables in economics
by Lozada, Gabriel A.
- 79-88 Making development simple. The genetic deterministic hypothesis for economic development
by Morse, Stephen
- 89-103 Shadow prices and pollution costs in U.S. agriculture
by Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Weber, William L.
- 104-124 The role of uncertainty in the relationship between fairness evaluations and willingness to pay
by Jorgensen, Bradley S. & Syme, Geoffrey J. & Nancarrow, Blair E.
- 125-131 Poverty and pollution abatement: Evidence from lead phase-out
by Hilton, F.G.
- 132-143 Willingness to pay for forest amenities: The case of non-industrial owners in the south central United States
by Raunikar, Ronald & Buongiorno, Joseph
- 144-154 "Green" preferences as regulatory policy instrument
by Brennan, Timothy J.
- 156-158 Erratum to "Environmental responsibility and environmental thievery: A reply to Bithas" [Ecol. Econ. (2005)]
by Ballet, J. & Bazin, D. & Touahri, D.
December 2005, Volume 55, Issue 4
- 453-455 Environmental responsibility and environmental thievery: A reply to Xenarios
by Ballet, J. & Bazin, D. & Touahri, D.
- 456-458 Evaluating the Hirsch Hypothesis: A response
by Brekke, Kjell Arne & Howarth, Richard B. & Nyborg, Karine
- 459-466 Crop biodiversity, risk management and the implications of agricultural assistance
by Di Falco, Salvatore & Perrings, Charles
- 467-484 Using GIS-based ecological-economic modeling to evaluate policies affecting agricultural watersheds
by Lant, Christopher L. & Kraft, Steven E. & Beaulieu, Jeffrey & Bennett, David & Loftus, Timothy & Nicklow, John
- 485-498 The edges of conflict and consensus: a case for creativity in regional forest policy in Southwest Finland
by Hiedanpaa, Juha
- 499-514 Urban form and the ecological footprint of commuting. The case of Barcelona
by Muniz, Ivan & Galindo, Anna
- 515-526 Evaluating environmental programs: The perspective of modern evaluation research
by Frondel, Manuel & Schmidt, Christoph M.
- 527-538 Environmental pressure group strength and air pollution: An empirical analysis
by Binder, Seth & Neumayer, Eric
- 539-550 Ranking versus scale rating in conjoint analysis: Evaluating landscapes in mountainous regions in southeastern Spain
by Sayadi, Samir & Gonzalez Roa, M. Carmen & Calatrava Requena, Javier
- 551-563 How to compare companies on relevant dimensions of sustainability
by Krajnc, Damjan & Glavic, Peter
- 564-583 Environmental tax reform and the double dividend: A meta-analytical performance assessment
by Patuelli, Roberto & Nijkamp, Peter & Pels, Eric
- 584-598 Greenhouse gas abatement policies and the value of carbon sinks: Do grazing and cropping systems have different destinies?
by Flugge, Felicity & Schilizzi, Steven
- 599-609 The World Bank's 'genuine savings' measure and sustainability
by Pillarisetti, J.Ram
- 610-611 The wealth of nature: How mainstream economics has failed the environment
by Perkins, Patricia E. (Ellie)
November 2005, Volume 55, Issue 3
- 309-320 Prices and quantities: Unsustainable consumption and the global economy
by Schor, Juliet B.
- 321-336 Economic evaluation of biological invasions--a survey
by Born, Wanda & Rauschmayer, Felix & Brauer, Ingo
- 337-350 Models for policy-making in sustainable development: The state of the art and perspectives for research
by Boulanger, Paul-Marie & Brechet, Thierry
- 351-364 Estimates of trends in global income and resource inequalities
by Hedenus, Fredrik & Azar, Christian
- 365-379 Existence value and optimal timber-wildlife management in a flammable multistand forest
by Spring, Daniel A. & Kennedy, John O.S.
- 380-394 Secondary forests as temporary carbon sinks? The economic impact of accounting methods on reforestation projects in the tropics
by Olschewski, Roland & Benitez, Pablo C.
- 395-407 Environmental Kuznets curve: threatened species and spatial effects
by McPherson, Michael A. & Nieswiadomy, Michael L.
- 408-419 Evaluating public risk preferences in forest land-use choices using multi-attribute utility theory
by Ananda, Jayanath & Herath, Gamini
- 420-436 Simulation of common pool resource field experiments: a behavioral model of collective action
by Castillo, Daniel & Saysel, Ali Kerem
- 437-443 Valuing copper mined from ore deposits
by de Wit, Maarten J.
- 444-445 The new consumers: The influence of affluence on the environment
by Schor, Juliet B.
- 445-448 Hooked on growth: Economic addictions and the environment
by Urama, K.C.
- 448-449 Ecological Economics: Principles And Applications
by Norris, Patricia E. & Joshi, Satish
- 449-451 The economics of industrial ecology: Materials, structural change, and spatial scales
by Wernick, Iddo K.
November 2005, Volume 55, Issue 2
- 139-142 Response to Zakir Husain and Rabindra Bhattacharya's "Common pool resources and contextual factors: Evolution of a fishermen's cooperative in Calcutta"
by Ostrom, Elinor
- 143-154 Measuring individuals' valuation distributions using a stochastic payment card approach
by Wang, Hua & Whittington, Dale
- 155-172 On the foundation of a general theory of stocks
by Faber, Malte & Frank, Karin & Klauer, Bernd & Manstetten, Reiner & Schiller, Johannes & Wissel, Christian
- 173-186 Resource compensation and negotiation support in an aboriginal context: Using community-based multi-attribute analysis to evaluate non-market losses
by McDaniels, Timothy L. & Trousdale, William
- 187-202 Diet shifts towards meat and the effects on cereal use: can we feed the animals in 2030?
by Keyzer, M.A. & Merbis, M.D. & Pavel, I.F.P.W. & van Wesenbeeck, C.F.A.
- 203-217 Rationality, institutions and environmental policy
by Vatn, Arild
- 218-223 Extending Weitzman's economic ranking of biodiversity protection: combining ecological and genetic considerations
by van der Heide, C. Martijn & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M. & van Ierland, Ekko C.
- 224-234 Anthropogenic climate change and abatement in a multi-region world with endogenous growth
by Greiner, Alfred
- 235-250 An empirical investigation of air pollution from fossil fuel combustion and its impact on health in India during 1973-1974 to 1996-1997
by Mukhopadhyay, Kakali & Forssell, Osmo
- 251-261 Valuation by conflict
by Lim, Byung In & Shogren, Jason F.
- 262-290 Trends in the development of ecological economics from the late 1980s to the early 2000s
by Ropke, Inge
- 291-292 Marine reserves, a guide to science, design, and use
by Grizzle, Raymond E.
- 292-294 Mark Sagoff, Price, Principle, and the Environment, Cambridge University Press (2004) ISBN 052154596X 294 pp
by Ackerman, Frank
- 294-306 Capitalism and Collapse: Contradictions of Jared Diamond's market meliorist strategy to save the humans
by Smith, Richard
- 306-307 Rivers for Life: Managing water for people and nature
by Schlager, Edella
October 2005, Volume 55, Issue 1
- 1-4 Tsunamis and a secure future for fishing communities
by Kurien, John
- 5-10 The importance of sound biological information and theory for ecological economics studies valuing Brazilian biodiversity: A response to Mendonça et al. (2003)
by Brito, Daniel
- 11-23 Waste treatment in physical input-output analysis
by Dietzenbacher, Erik
- 24-36 Managing invasive species: Rules of thumb for rapid assessment
by Leung, Brian & Finnoff, David & Shogren, Jason F. & Lodge, David
- 37-46 What is environmental income?
by Sjaastad, Espen & Angelsen, Arild & Vedeld, Pål & Bojö, Jan
- 47-60 Using contingent valuation to value a noxious weeds control program: the effects of including an unsure response category
by Champ, Patricia A. & Alberini, Anna & Correas, Ignacio
- 61-72 The economics of biodiversity conservation: a study of a coffee growing region in the Western Ghats of India
by Ninan, K.N. & Sathyapalan, Jyothis
- 73-84 Determinants of environmental performance in the Canadian pulp and paper industry: An assessment from inside the industry
by Doonan, Julie & Lanoie, Paul & Laplante, Benoit
- 85-95 Evaluation of the importance of fisheries management objectives using choice-experiments
by Wattage, Premachandra & Mardle, Simon & Pascoe, Sean
- 96-118 A theory of economic growth with material/energy resources and dematerialization: Interaction of three growth mechanisms
by Ayres, Robert U. & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M.
- 119-130 Baumol's disease and dematerialization of the economy
by Kander, Astrid
- 131-132 Stephen J. DeCanio, Economic models of climate change: a critique, Palgrave-Macmillan (2003) ISBN 1-4039-6335-5 (hardcover) 1-4039-6336-3 (paperback), 203 pages
by Koomey, Jonathan G.
- 133-134 New dimensions in ecological economics: Integrated approaches to people and nature
by Nijkamp, Peter
- 134-135 Paul Ehrlich and Anne Ehrlich, One with Nineveh: Politics, Consumption, and the Human Future, Island Press, Washington DC (2004) ISBN 1559638796 447 pp.
by Myers, Norman
- 135-137 Marjan van den Belt, Mediated Modeling: A System Dynamics Approach to Environmental Consensus Building, Island Press (2004) ISBN 155963961X (pbk). 339 pp.
by Cockerill, Kristan
September 2005, Volume 54, Issue 4
- 347-361 The origin, diagnostic attributes and practical application of co-evolutionary theory
by Winder, Nick & McIntosh, Brian S. & Jeffrey, Paul
- 362-365 Bubbles in a back eddy: A commentary on "The origin, diagnostic attributes and practical application of coevolutionary theory"
by Norgaard, Richard B.
- 366-369 Modernism, evolution and vaporous visions of future unity: Clarification in response to Norgaard
by Winder, Nick
- 370-381 Value from a complex dynamic system's perspective
by Stahel, Andri W.
- 382-396 Constraints on dematerialisation and allocation of natural capital along a sustainable growth path
by Rodrigues, João & Domingos, Tiago & Conceição, Pedro & Belbute, José
- 397-416 Unilateral regulation of bilateral trade in greenhouse gas emission permits
by Rehdanz, Katrin & Tol, Richard S.J.
- 417-434 The eco-efficiency of tourism
by Gössling, Stefan & Peeters, Paul & Ceron, Jean-Paul & Dubois, Ghislain & Patterson, Trista & Richardson, Robert B.
- 435-446 Biodiversity, yield, and shade coffee certification
by Perfecto, Ivette & Vandermeer, John & Mas, Alex & Pinto, Lorena Soto
- 447-472 Computable general equilibrium model analysis of economywide cross effects of social and environmental policies in Chile
by O'Ryan, Raúl & de Miguel, Carlos J. & Miller, Sebastian & Munasinghe, Mohan
August 2005, Volume 54, Issue 2-3
- 133-147 The role of technological change for a sustainable development
by Vollebergh, Herman R.J. & Kemfert, Claudia
- 148-163 Economics of technological change and the natural environment: How effective are innovations as a remedy for resource scarcity?
by Bretschger, Lucas
- 164-174 A tale of two market failures: Technology and environmental policy
by Jaffe, Adam B. & Newell, Richard G. & Stavins, Robert N.
- 175-195 Dynamic incentives by environmental policy instruments--a survey
by Requate, Till
- 196-208 Pollution abatement expenditures and plant-level productivity: A production function approach
by Shadbegian, Ronald J. & Gray, Wayne B.
- 209-226 Lessons from patents: Using patents to measure technological change in environmental models
by Popp, David
- 227-240 The impact of R&D on innovation for wind energy in Denmark, Germany and the United Kingdom
by Klaassen, Ger & Miketa, Asami & Larsen, Katarina & Sundqvist, Thomas
- 241-260 Carbon taxes: A drop in the ocean, or a drop that erodes the stone? The effect of carbon taxes on technological change
by Gerlagh, Reyer & Lise, Wietze
- 261-276 Learning-by-Doing vs. Learning by Researching in a model of climate change policy analysis
by Castelnuovo, Efrem & Galeotti, Marzio & Gambarelli, Gretel & Vergalli, Sergio
- 277-292 The impact of technological change on climate protection and welfare: Insights from the model MIND
by Edenhofer, Ottmar & Bauer, Nico & Kriegler, Elmar
- 293-305 Induced technological change in a multi-regional, multi-sectoral, integrated assessment model (WIAGEM): Impact assessment of climate policy strategies
by Kemfert, Claudia
- 306-327 A multi-actor dynamic integrated assessment model (MADIAM) of induced technological change and sustainable economic growth
by Weber, Michael & Barth, Volker & Hasselmann, Klaus
July 2005, Volume 54, Issue 1
- 1-7 The ecological and consumption themes of the films of Hayao Miyazaki
by Mayumi, Kozo & Solomon, Barry D. & Chang, Jason
- 9-21 Jevons' paradox
by Alcott, Blake
- 23-35 The dynamics of carbon sequestration and alternative carbon accounting, with an application to the upper Mississippi River Basin
by Feng, Hongli
- 37-51 Twentieth century copper stocks and flows in North America: A dynamic analysis
by Spatari, S. & Bertram, M. & Gordon, Robert B. & Henderson, K. & Graedel, T.E.
- 53-66 Economic and environmental impacts of pollution control regulation on small industries: a case study
by Chakrabarti, Snigdha & Mitra, Nita
- 67-80 Improving the benefits of wildlife harvesting in Northern Cameroon: a co-management perspective
by Mayaka, Theodore B. & Hendricks, Theo & Wesseler, Justus & Prins, Herbert H.T.
- 81-93 Diminishing and negative welfare returns of economic growth: an index of sustainable economic welfare (ISEW) for Thailand
by Clarke, Matthew & Islam, Sardar M.N.
- 95-109 Why the grass is not always greener: the competing effects of environmental regulations and factor intensities on US specialization
by Cole, Matthew A. & Elliott, Robert J.R. & Shimamoto, Kenichi
- 111-113 Revisiting biological "hot spots" and marine reserve formation
by Schnier, Kurt E.
June 2005, Volume 53, Issue 4
- 439-444 Introduction and overview to the special issue on biodiversity conservation, access and benefit-sharing and traditional knowledge
by Siebenhuner, Bernd & Dedeurwaerdere, Tom & Brousseau, Eric
- 445-460 The effectiveness of access and benefit sharing in Costa Rica: implications for national and international regimes
by Richerzhagen, Carmen & Holm-Mueller, Karin
- 461-472 The convention on biological diversity: A conventionalist approach
by Boisvert, Valerie & Vivien, Franck-Dominique
- 473-491 From bioprospecting to reflexive governance
by Dedeurwaerdere, Tom
- 493-506 Biodiversity, ownership, and indigenous knowledge: Exploring legal frameworks for community, farmers, and intellectual property rights in Africa
by Zerbe, Noah
- 507-522 Implementing the access and benefit-sharing provisions of the CBD: A case for institutional learning
by Siebenhuner, Bernd & Suplie, Jessica
- 523-541 Reconciliation of proprietary interests in genetic and knowledge resources: Hurry cautiously!
by Koopman, Jerzy
- 543-557 The institutional economics of biodiversity, biological materials, and bioprospecting
by Polski, Margaret