Citations for "Motives for interqenerational transfers: Evidence from Malaysia"
by Lee Lillard & Robert Willis
- Zhao Kai, 2011.
"Social Security, Differential Fertility, and the Dynamics of the Earnings Distribution,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-31, August.
- Kai Zhao, 2009. "Social Security, Differential Fertility, and the Dynamics of the Earnings Distribution," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 20091, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Julio E. Romero-Prieto, 2015.
"Población y desarrollo en el Pacífico colombiano,"
Documentos de trabajo sobre Economía Regional
232, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Kuhn, Randall & Stillman, Steven, 2002.
"Understanding Interhousehold Transfers in a Transition Economy: Evidence from Russia,"
IZA Discussion Papers
574, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kuhn, Randall & Stillman, Steven, 2004. "Understanding Interhousehold Transfers in a Transition Economy: Evidence from Russia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 131-156, October.
- Andrew Mason & Ronald Lee & An-Chi Tung & Mun-Sim Lai & Tim Miller, 2009.
"Population Aging and Intergenerational Transfers: Introducing Age into National Accounts,"
in: Developments in the Economics of Aging, pages 89-122
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Mason & Ronald Lee & An-Chi Tung & Mun-Sim Lai & Tim Miller, 2006. "Population Aging and Intergenerational Transfers: Introducing Age into National Accounts," NBER Working Papers 12770, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yang-Ming Chang, 2007. "Transfers and bequests: a portfolio analysis in a Nash game," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 277-295, March.
- Dan Anderberg & Alessandro Balestrino, 2003.
"Self--enforcing Intergenerational Transfers and the Provision of Education,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 70(277), pages 55-71, February.
- Anderberg, Dan & Balestrino, Alessandro, 2001. "Self-Enforcing Intergenerational Transfers and the Provision of Education," CEPR Discussion Papers 3107, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cheolsung Park, 2014. "Why do children transfer to their parents? Evidence from South Korea," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 461-485, September.
- Lakshmi K. Raut & Lien H. Tran, 1998.
"Motives for investment in human capital of children: evidence from Indonesian Family Life Survey Data,"
Labor and Demography
- Lakshmi K Raut & Lien H Tran, 1998. "Motives for Investment in Human Capital of Children: Evidence from Indonesian Family Life Survey Data," Working Papers 199801, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Lisa Cameron & Deborah Cobb-Clark, 2001. "Old-Age Support in Indonesia: Labor Supply, Intergenerational Transfers and Living Arrangements," CEPR Discussion Papers 429, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Patrick GUILLAUMONT & Maëlan LE GOFF, 2010.
"Aid and remittances: their stabilizing impact compared,"
- Patrick GUILLAUMONT & Maëlan LE GOFF, 2010. "Aid and remittances: their stabilizing impact compared," Working Papers P12, FERDI.
- Deborah Cobb-Clark & Lisa A Cameron, 2005. "Do Coresidency with and Financial Transfers from Children Reduce the Need for Elderly Parents to Work in Developing Countries?," CEPR Discussion Papers 508, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Jenna Nobles & Christopher McKelvey, 2015. "Gender, Power, and Emigration From Mexico," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 52(5), pages 1573-1600, October.
- Douglas L. Miller & Anna L. Paulson, 2007. "Risk taking and the quality of informal insurance: gambling and remittances in Thailand," Working Paper Series WP-07-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Carlos Chiapa & Laura Juarez, 2016.
"The schooling repayment hypothesis for private transfers: evidence from the PROGRESA/Oportunidades experiment,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 811-828, December.
- Carlos Chiapa & Laura Juarez, 2012. "The schooling repayment hypothesis for private transfers:Evidence from the PROGRESA/Oportunidades experiment," Working Papers 1201, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- -, 2011. "Social Panorama of Latin America 2010," Panorama Social de América Latina, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 1237 edited by Eclac.
- Jenny Ploeg & Lori Campbell & Margaret Denton & Anju Joshi & Sharon Davies, 2003. "Helping to Build and Rebuild Secure Lives and Futures: Intergenerational Financial Transfers from Parents to Adult Children and Grandchildren," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 96, McMaster University.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Estevan, Fernanda, 2006.
"Mortality Risks, Education and Child Labour,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5972, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francois-Charles Wolff & Seymour Spilerman & Claudine Attias-Donfut, 2005. "Do Parents Help More their Less Well-Off Children? Evidence from a Sample of Migrants to France," Microeconomics 0504001, EconWPA.
- Michele Boldrin & Larry E. Jones, 2002. "Mortality, Fertility, and Saving in a Malthusian Economy," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 5(4), pages 775-814, October.
- Sonia Bhalotra, 2004. "Parent Altruism, Cash Transfers and Child Poverty," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 04/561, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Yang-Ming Chang & Dennis L. Weisman, 2005. "Sibling Rivalry and Strategic Parental Transfers," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 821-836, April.
- Joel M. Guttman, 2010. "Urbanization, Old-Age Security, Saving and Fertility in Developing Economies," NFI Working Papers 2010-WP-07, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- La Ferrara, Eliana, 2007.
"Descent Rules and Strategic Transfers. Evidence from Matrilineal Groups in Ghana,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6111, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- La Ferrara, Eliana, 2007. "Descent rules and strategic transfers. Evidence from matrilineal groups in Ghana," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 280-301, July.
- Zachary Zimmer & Codrina Rada & Catalin Stoica, 2013. "Migration, Location and Provision of Support to Old-Age Parents: The Case of Romania," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2013_09, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Douglas Miller & Anna Paulson, 2000. "Informal Insurance and Moral Hazard: Gambling and Remittances in Thailand," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1463, Econometric Society.
- Cameron, L. & Cobb-Clark, D., 2001. "Old-Age Support in Developing Countries: Labor Supply, Ingenerational Transfers and Living Arrangements," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 773, The University of Melbourne.
- Randall Kuhn, 2001. "Never Far From Home: Parental Assets and Migrant Transfers in Matlab, Bangladesh," Working Papers 01-12, RAND Corporation.
- Xu, Zeyu, 2007. "A survey on intra-household models and evidence," MPRA Paper 3763, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guttman, Joel M., 2001. "Self-enforcing reciprocity norms and intergenerational transfers: theory and evidence," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 117-151, July.
- Julio E. Romero-Prieto, 2016. "Población y desarrollo en la periferia colombiana en el siglo XX," REVISTA ECONOMÍA & REGIÓN, UNIVERSIDAD TECNOLÓGICA DE BOLÍVAR, vol. 10(1), pages 7-50, June.
- Sang Hyop Lee & Andrew Mason, 2006.
"Who Gains from the Demographic Dividend? Forecasting Income by Age,"
200613, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Lee, Sang-Hyop & Mason, Andrew, 2007. "Who gains from the demographic dividend? Forecasting income by age," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 603-619.
- Firman Witoelar, 2005. "Inter-household Allocations within Extended Family: Evidence from the Indonesia Family Life Survey," Working Papers 912, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Ham, John C. & Song, Heonjae, 2014. "The determinants of bargaining power in an empirical model of transfers between adult children, parents, and in-laws for South Korea," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 73-86.
- Carol Ann Rogers & Kenneth A. Swinnerton, 2003.
"Does Child Labor Decrease When Parental Incomes Rise?,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Carol Ann Rogers & Kenneth A. Swinnerton, 2004. "Does Child Labor Decrease When Parental Incomes Rise?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(4), pages 939-968, August.
- Carol Rogers & Kenneth A. Swinnerton, 2002. "Does Child Labor Decrease When Parental Incomes Rises," Working Papers gueconwpa~02-02-02, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- de Brauw, Alan, 2004. "Parents As Public Goods: Theory And Evidence From Rural China," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20298, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Wolff, Francois-Charles, 2006. "Microeconomic models of family transfers," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- François-Charles Wolff, 2000. "Les transferts versés aux enfants et aux parents : altruisme ou échange intertemporel?," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 142(1), pages 67-91.
- Jean-Francois Maystadt & Giuseppe Migali, 2017. "The transmission of health across 7 generations in China, 1789-1906," Working Papers 147116320, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Cheolsung Park, 2001. "Is Extended Family in Low-Income Countries Altruistically Linked?," Departmental Working Papers wp0107, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Lisa Cameron & Deborah Cobb-Clark, 2008. "Do coresidency and financial transfers from the children reduce the need for elderly parents to works in developing countries?," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 21(4), pages 1007-1033, October.
- Julie Zissimopoulos, 2001. "Resource Transfers to the Elderly: Do Adult Children Substitute Financial Transfers for Time Transfers?," Working Papers 01-05, RAND Corporation.
- Christoph Bühler, 2008. "On the structural value of children and its implication on intended fertility in Bulgaria," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 18(20), pages 569-610, June.
- François-Charles Wolff & Seymour Spilerman & Claudine Attias-Donfut, 2007. "Transfers From Migrants To Their Children: Evidence That Altruism And Cultural Factors Matter," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 53(4), pages 619-644, December.
- Randall Kuhn, 2001. "The Impact of Nuclear Family and Individual Migration on the Elderly in Rural Bangladesh: A Qualitative Analysis," Working Papers 01-11, RAND Corporation.
- Filiz Garip, 2012. "An Integrated Analysis of Migration and Remittances: Modeling Migration as a Mechanism for Selection," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 31(5), pages 637-663, October.
- Wolff, François-Charles, 2006. "Les transferts ascendants au Bangladesh, une décision familiale?," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 82(1), pages 271-316, mars-juin.
- Mu,Ren & Du,Yang, 2015.
"Pension coverage for parents and educational investment in children: evidence from urban China,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
7457, The World Bank.
- Mu, Ren & Du, Yang, 2012. "Pension Coverage for Parents and Educational Investment in Children: Evidence from Urban China," IZA Discussion Papers 6797, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- HwaJung Choi, 2011. "Parents’ Health and Adult Children’s Subsequent Working Status: A Perspective of Intergenerational Transfer and Time Allocation," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 493-507, September.