Citations for "Buying the Best: Cost Escalation in Elite Higher Education"
by Charles T. Clotfelter
- P.W. Miller & J. Pincus, 1997. "Financing Higher Education in Australia: The case for superhecs," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 97-15, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- E. Han Kim & Min Zhu, 2010. "Universities as Firms: The Case of US Overseas Programs," NBER Chapters, in: American Universities in a Global Market, pages 163-201 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 2009.
"The Changing Selectivity of American Colleges,"
NBER Working Papers
15446, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Castagnetti, Carolina & Rosti, Luisa, 2008.
"Who skims the cream of the Italian graduate crop? Wage-employment versus self-employment,"
13504, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carolina Castagnetti & Luisa Rosti, 2011. "Who skims the cream of the Italian graduate crop? Wage employment versus self-employment," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 223-234, February.
- Carolina Castagnetti & Luisa Rosti, 2009. "Who skims the cream of the Italian graduate crop? Wage-employment versus self-employment," Quaderni di Dipartimento 089, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Jayasri Dutta & James Sefton & Martin Weale, 1999. "Education and public policy," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 20(4), pages 351-386, December.
- Gordon C. Winston, 1996. "The Economic Structure of Higher Education : Subsidies, Customer-Inputs, and Hierarchy," Williams Project on the Economics of Higher Education DP-40, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Elizabeth Becker & Cotton M. Lindsay & Gary Grizzle, 2003. "The derived demand for faculty research," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(8), pages 549-567.
- Laura Thissen & Sjef Ederveen, 2006. "Higher education; time for coordination on a European level?," CPB Discussion Paper 68, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Michael Lewis & Debanjan Mitra & Yeujun Yoon, 2013. "Customer portfolio composition and customer equity feedback effects: Student diversity and acquisition in educational communities," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 71-84, March.
- Yolanda K. Kodrzycki, 1999. "Geographic shifts in higher education," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jul, pages 27-47.
- Grey Gordon & Aaron Hedlund, 2015.
"Accounting for the Rise in College Tuition,"
WP 15-14, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Grey Gordon & Aaron Hedlund, 2015. "Accounting for the Rise in College Tuition," Caepr Working Papers 2015-015 Classification-E, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Grey Gordon & Aaron Hedlund, 2016. "Accounting for the Rise in College Tuition," NBER Working Papers 21967, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon C. Winston & David J. Zimmerman, 2003.
"Peer Effects in Higher Education,"
Williams Project on the Economics of Higher Education
DP-64, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- William O. Brown, Jr., . "Sources of Funds and Quality Effects in Higher Education," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 1999-35, Claremont Colleges.
- Ortmann, Andreas & Squire, Richard, 2000. "A game-theoretic explanation of the administrative lattice in institutions of higher learning," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 377-391, November.
- Delaney, Jennifer A. & Kearney, Tyler D., 2015. "The impact of guaranteed tuition policies on postsecondary tuition levels: A difference-in-difference approach," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 80-99.
- Winston, G.C., 2000. "Economic Stratification and Hierarchy Among U.S. Colleges and Universities," Williams Project on the Economics of Higher Education DP-58, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Dahlia K. Remler & Elda Pema, 2009. "Why do Institutions of Higher Education Reward Research While Selling Education?," NBER Working Papers 14974, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cyrenne, Philippe & Grant, Hugh, 2009. "University decision making and prestige: An empirical study," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 237-248, April.
- Brint, Steven, 2006. "Can Public Research Universities Compete?," University of California at Berkeley, Center for Studies in Higher Education qt7pb373fw, Center for Studies in Higher Education, UC Berkeley.
- Kane, Thomas J., 1997. "Beyond Tax Relief: Long-Term Challenges in Financing Higher Education," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 50(2), pages 335-49, June.
- Gordon C. Winston, 1999. "Subsidies, Hierarchy and Peers: The Awkward Economics of Higher Education," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 13-36, Winter.
- Bridget Terry Long, 2004. "How do Financial Aid Policies Affect Colleges?: The Institutional Impact of the Georgia HOPE Scholarship," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(4).
- Polishchuk, L., 2010. "Collective Reputation in Higher Education: An Equilibrium Model," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, issue 7, pages 46-69.
- Gordon C. Winston, 1997. "Why Can't a College be More Like a Firm?," Williams Project on the Economics of Higher Education DP-42, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 1998. "Tax Incentives for Higher Education," NBER Chapters, in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 12, pages 49-82 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dooley, Martin D. & Payne, A. Abigail & Robb, A. Leslie, 2010. "Merit-Aid and the Distribution of Entering Students Across Ontario University," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2010-10, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 26 Mar 2010.