Beyond Tax Relief: Long-Term Challenges in Financing Higher Education
Objects to educational tax incentives (in the form adopted in the 97 tax act) as not well targeted and ineffective in reducing the cost to families of future tuition increases. Recommends greater reliance on income-contingent loan forgiveness as an alternative way to help families pay for college.
Volume (Year): 50 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 725 15th St. NW #600. Washington, D.C. 20005-2109|
Fax: (202) 737-7308
Web page: http://www.ntanet.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles T. Clotfelter, 1996. "Buying the Best: Cost Escalation in Elite Higher Education," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number clot96-1.
- Andrew W. Dick & Aaron S. Edlin, 1995.
"The Implicit Taxes from College Financial Aid,"
NBER Working Papers
5316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kane, Thomas J, 1994. "College Entry by Blacks since 1970: The Role of College Costs, Family Background, and the Returns to Education," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(5), pages 878-911, October.
- Martin Feldstein, 1992.
"College Scholarship Rules and Private Saving,"
NBER Working Papers
4032, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas J. Kane, 1995. "Rising Public College Tuition and College Entry: How Well Do Public Subsidies Promote Access to College?," NBER Working Papers 5164, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aaron S. Edlin, 1993. "Is College Financial Aid Equitable and Efficient?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 143-158, Spring.
- W. Lee Hansen & Burton A. Weisbrod, 1969. "The Distribution of Costs and Direct Benefits of Public Higher Education: The Case of California," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 4(2), pages 176-191.
- Thomas J. Kane, 1996. "College Cost, Borrowing Constraints and the Timing of College Entry," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 181-194, Spring.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ntj:journl:v:50:y:1997:i:no._2:p:335-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charmaine Wright)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.