Who Chooses Whom? Syndication, Skills and Reputation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Tykvova, Tereza, 2007. "Who chooses whom? Syndication, skills and reputation," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 5-28.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972.
"Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-795, December.
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971. "Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations," UCLA Economics Working Papers 10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Casamatta, Catherine & Haritchabalet, Carole, 2003. "Learning and Syndication in Venture Capital Investments," CEPR Discussion Papers 3867, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chowdhry, Bhagwan & Nanda, Vikram, 1996. "Stabilization, Syndication, and Pricing of IPOs," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(01), pages 25-42, March.
- Lakonishok, Josef, et al, 1991. "Window Dressing by Pension Fund Managers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 227-231, May.
- Bruno Biais & Enrico Perotti, 2008. "Entrepreneurs and new ideas," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 39(4), pages 1105-1125.
- Sah, Raaj Kumar & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1986.
"The Architecture of Economic Systems: Hierarchies and Polyarchies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 716-727, September.
- Raaj Kumar Sah & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1984. "The Architecture of Economic Systems: Hierarchies and Polyarchies," NBER Working Papers 1334, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James A. Brander & Raphael Amit & Werner Antweiler, 2002. "Venture-Capital Syndication: Improved Venture Selection vs. The Value-Added Hypothesis," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 423-452, September.
- Millon, Marcia H & Thakor, Anjan V, 1985.
" Moral Hazard and Information Sharing: A Model of Financial Information Gathering Agencies,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 40(5), pages 1403-1422, December.
- Marcia H. Millon & Anjan V. Thakor, 2004. "Moral Hazard and Information Sharing: A Model of Financial Information Gathering Agencies," Finance 0411024, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dennis, Steven A. & Mullineaux, Donald J., 2000. "Syndicated Loans," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 404-426, October.
- Douglas Cumming & Uwe Walz, 2010.
"Private equity returns and disclosure around the world,"
Journal of International Business Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 41(4), pages 727-754, May.
- Walz, Uwe & Cumming, Douglas, 2004. "Private equity returns and disclosure around the world," CFS Working Paper Series 2004/05, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Jim Armstrong, 2003. "The Syndicated Loan Market: Developments in the North American Context," Staff Working Papers 03-15, Bank of Canada.
- Pegaret Pichler & William Wilhelm, 2001. "A Theory of the Syndicate: Form Follows Function," OFRC Working Papers Series 2001fe05, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Pegaret Pichler, 2001. "A Theory of the Syndicate: Form Follows Function," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2237-2264, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ordoñez, Guillermo L., 2013.
"Fragility of reputation and clustering of risk-taking,"
Econometric Society, vol. 8(3), September.
- Guillermo Ordonez, 2008. "Fragility of Reputation and Clustering in Risk Taking," 2008 Meeting Papers 441, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Guillermo L. Ordoñez, 2009. "Fragility of reputation and clustering of risk-taking," Staff Report 431, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Miguel Meuleman & Andy Lockett & Sophie Manigart & Mike Wright, 2010. "Partner Selection Decisions in Interfirm Collaborations: The Paradox of Relational Embeddedness," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(6), pages 995-1019, September.
- Contreras, Gaby & Bos, Jaap & Kleimeier, Stefanie, 2018. "Link About It: Information Asymmetry, Knowledge Pooling and Syndication in Project Finance Lending," Research Memorandum 008, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Dimov, Dimo & Milanov, Hana, 2010. "The interplay of need and opportunity in venture capital investment syndication," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 331-348, July.
- Jian Cai, 2009. "Competition or collaboration? The reciprocity effect in loan syndication," Working Paper 0909, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 01 Apr 2010.
- Wang, Lanfang & Wang, Susheng, 2012. "Endogenous networks in investment syndication," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 640-663.
- Bos J.W.B. & Contreras M.G. & Kleimeier S., 2016. "Self-regulation in collaborative environments : the case of the equator principles in banking," Research Memorandum 007, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Christophe Godlewski, 2009. "L’organisation des syndicats bancaires en France:taille, concentration et réputation," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 12(3), pages 37-63, September.
- Mingfeng Lin & Siva Viswanathan & Ritu Agarwal, 2010. "An Empirical Study of Online Software Outsourcing: Signals under Different Contract Regimes," Working Papers 10-22, NET Institute.
- Tykvová, Tereza & Schertler, Andrea, 2011. "Cross-border venture capital flows and local ties: Evidence from developed countries," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 36-48, February.
More about this item
KeywordsSyndication; Hold-up; Reputation; Learning;
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:4557. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zemande.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.