Advertisements or friends? Formal and informal recruitment methods in Tanzania
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harry J. Holzer, 1987. "Hiring Procedures in the Firm: Their Economic Determinants and Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 2185, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barron, John M & Bishop, John, 1985. "Extensive Search, Intensive Search, and Hiring Costs: New Evidence on Employer Hiring Activity," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(3), pages 363-382, July.
- Herrmann, Roland & Moser, Anke, 2003.
"Price Variability Or Rigidity In The Food-Retailing Sector? Theoretical Analysis And Evidence From German Scanner Data,"
2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa
25867, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Herrmann, Roland & Möser, Anke, 2003. "Price variability or rigidity in the food-retailing sector? Theoretical analysis and evidence from German scanner data," Discussion Papers 11, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
- Cees Gorter & Jos Van Ommeren, 1999. "Sequencing, timing and filling rates of recruitment channels," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(10), pages 1149-1160.
- James T. Murphy, 2003. "Social space and industrial development in East Africa: deconstructing the logics of industry networks in Mwanza, Tanzania," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 173-198, April.
- James Heintz & Dorrit Posel, 2008. "Revisiting Informal Employment And Segmentation In The South African Labour Market," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 76(1), pages 26-44, March.
- Jed Devaro, 2005. "Employer Recruitment Strategies and the Labor Market Outcomes of New Hires," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 43(2), pages 263-282, April.
- Louise Grenier & Andrew McKay & Oliver Morrissey, "undated". "Determinants of Exports and Investment of Manufacturing Firms in Tanzania," Discussion Papers 98/5, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Anders Danielson, 2000. "Prospects for private sector-led growth in Tanzania," Africa Spectrum, Institute of African Affairs, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 35(3), pages 313-337.
- Van Biesebroeck, Johannes, 2005.
"Exporting raises productivity in sub-Saharan African manufacturing firms,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 373-391, December.
- Johannes Van Biesebroeck, 2003. "Exporting Raises Productivity in Sub-Saharan African Manufacturing Plants," NBER Working Papers 10020, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Herrmann, Roland & Kramb, Marc & Mönnich, Christina, 2000. "Tariff rate quotas and the economic impacts of agricultural trade liberalization in the WTO," Discussion Papers 1, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
- Neil Rankin & Måns Söderbom & Francis Teal, 2006. "Exporting from Manufacturing Firms in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 15(4), pages 671-687, December.
- Roper, Stephen, 1988. "Recruitment Methods and Vacancy Duration," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 35(1), pages 51-64, February.
- Henrik Egbert, 2009. "Business Success and Social Networks," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(3), pages 665-677, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Egbert, Henrik & Fischer, Gundula & Bredl, Sebastian, 2010. "Different background - Similar strategies: Recruitment in Tanzanian-African and Tanzanian-Asian companies," Discussion Papers 53, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zeudps:46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zegiede.html .