Search costs and corporate income tax competition
This paper studies corporate tax competition if it is costly to learn some of the elements that determine the effective tax burden. Search cost may, but need not, eliminate the tax competition pressure. The outcome depends on the boundaries of tax rate and tax base choices. Search cost can explain the empirically observed tax cuts cum base broadening.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: ++49 - 30 - 25491 - 0
Fax: ++49 - 30 - 25491 - 684
Web page: http://www.wzb.eu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Devereux, Michael P. & Lockwood, Ben & Redoano, Michela, 2008.
"Do countries compete over corporate tax rates?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(5-6), pages 1210-1235, June.
- Devereux, Michael P & Lockwood, Ben & Redoano, Michela, 2002. "Do Countries Compete Over Corporate Tax Rates?," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 642, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Lockwood, Ben & Redoano, Michela, 2002. "Do Countries Compete over Corporate Tax Rates?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3400, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:inm:ormnsc:v:47:y:2001:i:12:p:1727-1732(2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael R. Baye & John Morgan, 2001. "Information Gatekeepers on the Internet and the Competitiveness of Homogeneous Product Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 454-474, June.
- Fuest, Clemens & Huber, Bernd & Mintz, Jack, 2005.
"Capital mobility and tax competition,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
20329, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- McAfee R. Preston, 1995. "Multiproduct Equilibrium Price Dispersion," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 83-105, October.
- Clemens Fuest & Bernd Huber & Jack Mintz, 2003. "Capital Mobility and Tax Competition: A Survey," CESifo Working Paper Series 956, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ruud A. De Mooij & Gaëtan J.A. Nicodème, 2008. "How Corporate Tax Competition Reduces Personal Tax Revenue," CESifo DICE Report, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 6(1), pages 27-31, 04.
- Michael P. Devereux & Rachel Griffith & Alexander Klemm, 2002. "Corporate income tax reforms and international tax competition," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 17(35), pages 449-495, October.
- Burdett, Kenneth & Judd, Kenneth L, 1983. "Equilibrium Price Dispersion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 955-69, July.
- Maria Arbatskaya, 2007. "Ordered search," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 38(1), pages 119-126, 03.
- Harrington, Joseph Jr. & Leahey, Megan F., 2007. "Equilibrium pricing in a (partial) search market: The shopbot paradox," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 111-117, January.
- Peter Birch S�rensen, 2007. "Can Capital Income Taxes Survive? And Should They?," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 53(2), pages 172-228, June.
- Diamond, Peter A., 1971. "A model of price adjustment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 156-168, June.
- Norman J. Ireland, 2007. "POSTING MULTIPLE PRICES TO REDUCE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF CONSUMER PRICE SEARCH -super-* ," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(2), pages 235-263, 06.
- Joseph E. Harrington, Jr., 2001. "Comment on "Reducing Buyer Search Costs: Implications for Electronic Marketplaces"," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(12), pages 1727-1732, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:wzbfff:spii201011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.