Auswirkungen der deutschen Unternehmensteuerreform 2008 und der österreichischen Gruppenbesteuerung auf den grenzüberschreitenden Unternehmenserwerb
Using a simple model under certainty we show the implications of the new group relief system in Austria effective from 2005 and the reform act of business taxation 2008 in Germany on cross border marginal purchase prices and marginal seller prices concerning incorporations. The results show that the new group relief in Austria does not imply a higher marginal purchase price for a subsidiary located in Austria by an Austrian investor in comparison to his German competitor. If the German reform act of business taxation 2008 is not taken into account a German investor is able to pay higher marginal prices at the Austrian and German transaction market for companies. Considering the German tax reform act the situation changes. Now the Austrian investor is able to pay higher marginal prices for subsidiaries located in Germany and Austria.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.arqus.info/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fuest, Clemens & Huber, Bernd & Mintz, Jack, 2005.
"Capital mobility and tax competition,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
20329, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Lockwood, Ben & Redoano, Michela, 2008.
"Do countries compete over corporate tax rates?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(5-6), pages 1210-1235, June.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Lockwood, Ben & Redoano, Michela, 2002. "Do Countries Compete over Corporate Tax Rates?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3400, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Devereux, Michael P & Lockwood, Ben & Redoano, Michela, 2002. "Do Countries Compete Over Corporate Tax Rates?," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 642, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Clemens Fuest & Bernd Huber & Jack Mintz, 2003. "Capital Mobility and Tax Competition: A Survey," CESifo Working Paper Series 956, CESifo Group Munich.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:arqudp:47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.