Policy options for a decarbonisation of passenger cars in the EU: Recommendations based on a literature review
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Siskos, Pelopidas & Capros, Pantelis & De Vita, Alessia, 2015. "CO2 and energy efficiency car standards in the EU in the context of a decarbonisation strategy: A model-based policy assessment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 22-34.
- Schipper, Lee, 2011. "Automobile use, fuel economy and CO2 emissions in industrialized countries: Encouraging trends through 2008?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 358-372, March.
- van der Vooren & Eric Brouillat, 2013. "Evaluating CO2 reduction policy portfolios in the automotive sector," Innovation Studies Utrecht (ISU) working paper series 13-01, Utrecht University, Department of Innovation Studies, revised Feb 2013.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2012. "Which policy instruments to induce clean innovating?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(10), pages 1770-1778.
- Ross Morrow, W. & Gallagher, Kelly Sims & Collantes, Gustavo & Lee, Henry, 2010. "Analysis of policies to reduce oil consumption and greenhouse-gas emissions from the US transportation sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1305-1320, March.
- Rogan, Fionn & Dennehy, Emer & Daly, Hannah & Howley, Martin & Ó Gallachóir, Brian P., 2011. "Impacts of an emission based private car taxation policy - First year ex-post analysis," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(7), pages 583-597, August.
- Shiau, Ching-Shin Norman & Michalek, Jeremy J. & Hendrickson, Chris T., 2009. "A structural analysis of vehicle design responses to Corporate Average Fuel Economy policy," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(9-10), pages 814-828, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sergej Lisowski & Markus Berger & Justus Caspers & Klaus Mayr-Rauch & Georg Bäuml & Matthias Finkbeiner, 2020. "Criteria-Based Approach to Select Relevant Environmental SDG Indicators for the Automobile Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(21), pages 1-22, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Brand, Christian, 2016. "Beyond ‘Dieselgate’: Implications of unaccounted and future air pollutant emissions and energy use for cars in the United Kingdom," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 1-12.
- AlSabbagh, Maha & Siu, Yim Ling & Guehnemann, Astrid & Barrett, John, 2017. "Integrated approach to the assessment of CO2e-mitigation measures for the road passenger transport sector in Bahrain," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 203-215.
- Mulholland, Eamonn & O'Shea, Richard S.K. & Murphy, Jerry D. & Ó Gallachóir, Brian P., 2016. "Low carbon pathways for light goods vehicles in Ireland," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 53-62.
- Brand, Christian & Anable, Jillian & Tran, Martino, 2013. "Accelerating the transformation to a low carbon passenger transport system: The role of car purchase taxes, feebates, road taxes and scrappage incentives in the UK," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 132-148.
- Skeete, Jean-Paul, 2017. "Examining the role of policy design and policy interaction in EU automotive emissions performance gaps," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 373-381.
- Schwanen, Tim & Banister, David & Anable, Jillian, 2011. "Scientific research about climate change mitigation in transport: A critical review," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 993-1006.
- Galarraga, Ibon & Ramos, Ana & Lucas, Josu & Labandeira, Xavier, 2014.
"The price of energy efficiency in the Spanish car market,"
Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 272-282.
- Ibon Galarraga & Ana Ramos & Josu Lucas, 2012. "The Price of Energy Efficiency in the Spanish Car Market," Working Papers 02-2013, Economics for Energy.
- Kok, Robert, 2015. "Six years of CO2-based tax incentives for new passenger cars in The Netherlands: Impacts on purchasing behavior trends and CO2 effectiveness," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 137-153.
- Travesset-Baro, Oriol & Gallachóir, Brian P.Ó. & Jover, Eric & Rosas-Casals, Marti, 2016. "Transport energy demand in Andorra. Assessing private car futures through sensitivity and scenario analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 78-92.
- Wells, Peter & Varma, Adarsh & Newman, Dan & Kay, Duncan & Gibson, Gena & Beevor, Jamie & Skinner, Ian, 2013. "Governmental regulation impact on producers and consumers: A longitudinal analysis of the European automotive market," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 28-41.
- Febi Jensen & Hans Lööf & Andreas Stephan, 2020.
"New ventures in Cleantech: Opportunities, capabilities and innovation outcomes,"
Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 902-917, March.
- Lööf, Hans & Andreas, Andreas & Wulandari, Febi, 2018. "New ventures in Cleantech: opportunities, capabilities and innovation outcomes," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 467, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Phil Goodwin & Kurt Van Dender, 2013. "'Peak Car' - Themes and Issues," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(3), pages 243-254, May.
- Bhardwaj, Chandan & Axsen, Jonn & Kern, Florian & McCollum, David, 2020. "Why have multiple climate policies for light-duty vehicles? Policy mix rationales, interactions and research gaps," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 309-326.
- Bénédicte Meurisse, 2015.
"On the relevance of differentiated car purchase taxes in light of the rebound effect,"
1512, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Bénédicte Meurisse, 2015. "On the relevance of differentiated car purchase taxes in light of the rebound effect," EconomiX Working Papers 2015-24, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Shuxia Yang & Yu Ji & Di Zhang & Jing Fu, 2019. "Equilibrium between Road Traffic Congestion and Low-Carbon Economy: A Case Study from Beijing, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Martin Woerter & Tobias Stucki, 2016. "Intra-Firm Diffusion of Green Energy Technologies and the Choice of Policy Instruments," KOF Working papers 16-401, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- George Halkos & Antonis Skouloudis, 0. "Environmental technology development and diffusion: panel data evidence from 56 countries," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 0, pages 1-14.
- Lee, Shin, 2018. "Transport policies, induced traffic and their influence on vehicle emissions in developed and developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 264-274.
- Teemu Makkonen & Sari Repka, 2016. "The innovation inducement impact of environmental regulations on maritime transport: a literature review," International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 10(1), pages 69-86.
- Kim, Yeong Jae & Wilson, Charlie, 2019. "Analysing energy innovation portfolios from a systemic perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2018-04-16 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2018-04-16 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2018-04-16 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-REG-2018-04-16 (Regulation)
- NEP-TRE-2018-04-16 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:wuppap:193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/wikuede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.