The strongest link in a weak team? Performance of players with and without outside options in relegated football clubs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Egon Franck & Stephan Nüesch, 2012.
"Talent And/Or Popularity: What Does It Take To Be A Superstar?,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 50(1), pages 202-216, January.
- Egon Franck & Stephan Nüesch, 2007. "Talent and/or Popularity - What Does it Take to Be a Superstar," Working Papers 0074, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Egon Franck & Stephan Nüesch, 2007. "Talent and/or Popularity - What Does it Take to Be a Superstar," Working Papers 0018, University of Zurich, Center for Research in Sports Administration (CRSA).
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Elisabetta Iossa & Patrick Rey, 2014.
"Building Reputation For Contract Renewal: Implications For Performance Dynamics And Contract Duration,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 12(3), pages 549-574, June.
- Elisabetta Iossa & Patrick Rey, 2010. "Building Reputation for Contract Renewal: Implications for Performance Dynamics and Contract Duration," CEIS Research Paper 155, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 28 May 2010.
- Iossa, Elisabetta & Rey, Patrick, 2013. "Building Reputation for Contract Renewal: Implications for Performance Dynamics and Contract Duration," CEPR Discussion Papers 9571, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Iossa, Elisabetta & Rey, Patrick, 2012. "Building Reputation for Contract Renewal: Implications for Performance Dynamics and Contract Duration," TSE Working Papers 12-368, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Iossa, Elisabetta & Rey, Patrick, 2012. "Building Reputation for Contract Renewal: Implications for Performance Dynamics and Contract Duration," IDEI Working Papers 757, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- David J. Berri & Anthony C. Krautmann, 2006. "Shirking on the Court: Testing for the Incentive Effects of Guaranteed Pay," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 44(3), pages 536-546, July.
- Stefan Zeisberger & Dennis Vrecko & Thomas Langer, 2012. "Measuring the time stability of Prospect Theory preferences," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 72(3), pages 359-386, March.
- Barton H. Hamilton & Jack A. Nickerson & Hideo Owan, 2003. "Team Incentives and Worker Heterogeneity: An Empirical Analysis of the Impact of Teams on Productivity and Participation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(3), pages 465-497, June.
- Bernd Frick & Gunnar Pietzner & Joachim Prinz, 2007. "Career Duration a Competitive Environment: The Labor Market for Soccer Players in Germany," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 33(3), pages 429-442, Summer.
- Anthony C. Krautmann & John L. Solow, 2009. "The Dynamics of Performance Over the Duration of Major League Baseball Long-Term Contracts," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 10(1), pages 6-22, February.
- Kevin J. Stiroh, 2007. "Playing For Keeps: Pay And Performance In The Nba," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(1), pages 145-161, January.
- NÃ©stor Gandelman, 2008. "Mobility Among Employers and Assortative Matching," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 9(4), pages 351-370, August.
- Nikolaus Beck & Mark Meyer, 2012. "Modeling team performance," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 335-356, August.
- Pamela Wicker & Joachim Prinz & Daniel Weimar & Christian Deutscher & Thorsten Upmann, 2013. "No Pain, No Gain? Effort and Productivity in Professional Soccer," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 8(2), pages 124-139, May.
- Carpenter, Jeffrey & Bowles, Samuel & Gintis, Herbert & Hwang, Sung-Ha, 2009. "Strong reciprocity and team production: Theory and evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 221-232, August.
- Manel Baucells & Antonio Villasís, 2010. "Stability of risk preferences and the reflection effect of prospect theory," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 68(1), pages 193-211, February.
- Edward P. Lazear, 2004. "The Peter Principle: A Theory of Decline," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(S1), pages 141-163, February.
- Babatunde Buraimo & Bernd Frick & Michael Hickfang & Rob Simmons, 2015. "The Economics of Long-term Contracts in the Footballers' Labour Market," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 62(1), pages 8-24, February.
More about this item
- Z20 - Other Special Topics - - Sports Economics - - - General
- Z22 - Other Special Topics - - Sports Economics - - - Labor Issues
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
- M51 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Firm Employment Decisions; Promotions
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-08-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-HRM-2016-08-21 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-SPO-2016-08-21 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:umiodp:072016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ilmuede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.