Migration and dynamics: How a leakage of human capital lubricates the engine of economic growth
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sorger, Gerhard & Stark, Oded & Wang, Yong, 2013. "Migration and dynamics: How a leakage of human capital lubricates the engine of economic growth," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 26-37.
- Sorger, Gerhard & Stark, Oded & Wang, Yong, 2013. "Migration and Dynamics: How a Leakage of Human Capital Lubricates the Engine of Economic Growth," Discussion Papers 155027, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
References listed on IDEAS
- Mountford, Andrew, 1997. "Can a brain drain be good for growth in the source economy?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 287-303, August.
- Costas Azariadis & Allan Drazen, 1990. "Threshold Externalities in Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 501-526.
- Stark, Oded & Wang, Yong, 2002.
"Inducing human capital formation: migration as a substitute for subsidies,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 29-46, October.
- Stark, Oded & Wang, Yong, 2001. "Inducing Human Capital Formation: Migration as a Substitute for Subsidies," Economics Series 100, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Stark, Oded & Helmenstein, Christian & Prskawetz, Alexia, 1998.
"Human capital depletion, human capital formation, and migration: a blessing or a "curse"?,"
Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 363-367, September.
- Stark, Oded & Helmenstein, Christian & Prskawetz, Alexia, 1998. "Human Capital Depletion, Human Capital Formation, and Migration. A Blessing in a "Curse"?," Economics Series 55, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Oded Stark & Christian Helmenstein & Alexia Prskawetz, 1998. "Human Capital Depletion, Human Capital Formation, and Migration: A Blessing in a "Curse"?," Departmental Working Papers _096, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Gerhard Glomm & B. Ravikumar, 2001. "Human capital accumulation and endogenous public expenditures," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(3), pages 807-826, August.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pavel Ciaian & d'Artis Kancs & Julda Kielyte, 2016. "Migration to the EU: Social and Macroeconomic Effects on Sending Countries," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2016/09, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Khraiche, Maroula, 2014. "Trade, capital adjustment and the migration of talent," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 24-40.
More about this item
KeywordsOverlapping-generations growth model; Intertemporal human capital externalities; Long-run growth effect of the prospect of migration;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2013-07-28 (Development)
- NEP-DGE-2013-07-28 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-FDG-2013-07-28 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-HRM-2013-07-28 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-MIG-2013-07-28 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:tuewef:58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wftuede.html .