Barriers to Diversification and Regional Allocation of Capital
In order to evaluate the allocational effectiveness of regional policy when harmonizing regional economic conditions firms? preferences play a pivot role. If harmonization hinders risk diversification of the firm, then instead of regional diversification of capital agglomeration of capital occurs. Hence, regional policy will not achieve its objective to equal the spatial allocation of capital.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 01062 Dresden|
Phone: ++49 351 463 2196
Fax: ++49 351 463 7739
Web page: http://www.tu-dresden.de/wiwi/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
NBER Working Papers
2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Meyer, Jack, 1987. "Two-moment Decision Models and Expected Utility Maximization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 421-30, June.
- Udo Broll & Jack E. Wahl & Wing-Keung Wong, 2005.
"Elasticity of risk aversion and international trade,"
Monash Economics Working Papers
07/05, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Broll, Udo & Wahl, Jack E. & Wong, Wing-Keung, 2006. "Elasticity of risk aversion and international trade," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 126-130, July.
- Udo Broll & Jack E. Wahl & Wing-Keung Wong, 2005. "Elasticity of risk aversion and international trade," Departmental Working Papers wp0510, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Michael Pflüger & Jens Südekum, 2004.
"Integration, Agglomeration and Welfare,"
Working Papers of the Research Group Heterogenous Labor
04-24, Research Group Heterogeneous Labor, University of Konstanz/ZEW Mannheim.
- José Pedro Pontes, 2005. "Intermediate goods and the location of productive activity," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 39(1), pages 11-24, 03.
- José Pedro Pontes & John B. Parr, 2005. "A note on agglomeration and the location of multinational firms," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 84(3), pages 509-518, 08.
- Friend, Irwin & Blume, Marshall E, 1975. "The Demand for Risky Assets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(5), pages 900-922, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:tuddps:1407. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.