Mean Variance Vulnerability
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter H. Farquhar & Yutaka Nakamura, 1987. "Constant Exchange Risk Properties," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 35(2), pages 206-214, April.
- Fatma Lajeri-Chaherli, 2002. "More on Properness: The Case of Mean-Variance Preferences," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 27(1), pages 49-60, June.
- Allingham, Michael, 1991. "Existence Theorems in the Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 1169-1174, July.
- Lars Tyge Nielsen & Fatma Lajeri, 2000.
"Parametric characterizations of risk aversion and prudence,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 15(2), pages 469-476.
- Lajeri, Fatma & Nielsen, Lars Tyge, 1997. "Parametric Characterizations of Risk Aversion and Prudence," CEPR Discussion Papers 1650, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- J. Tobin, 1958. "Liquidity Preference as Behavior Towards Risk," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 65-86.
- Lajeri-Chaherli, Fatma, 2003. "Partial derivatives, comparative risk behavior and concavity of utility functions," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 81-99, August.
- Peter C. Fishburn & R. Burr Porter, 1976. "Optimal Portfolios with One Safe and One Risky Asset: Effects of Changes in Rate of Return and Risk," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(10), pages 1064-1073, June.
- Thomas Eichner, 2005. "Comparative statics of properness in two-moment decision models," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 25(4), pages 1007-1012, June.
- Wagener, Andreas, 2002. "Prudence and risk vulnerability in two-moment decision models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 229-235, January.
- David E. Bell, 1988. "One-Switch Utility Functions and a Measure of Risk," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(12), pages 1416-1424, December.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1983. "A characterization of the distributions that imply mean--Variance utility functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 185-201, February.
- Eeckhoudt, Louis & Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris, 1996.
"Changes in Background Risk and Risk-Taking Behavior,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(3), pages 683-689, May.
- Harris Schlesinger, 1992. "Changes in Background Risk and Risk Taking Behavior," CESifo Working Paper Series 19, CESifo Group Munich.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & Christian GOLLIER & Harris SCHLESINGER, 1994. "Changes in Background Risk and Risk Taking Behavior," Working Papers 005, Risk and Insurance Archive.
- Thomas Eichner & Andreas Wagener, 2003. "Variance Vulnerability, Background Risks, and Mean-Variance Preferences," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 28(2), pages 173-184, December.
- Lars Tyge Nielsen, 1990. "Equilibrium in CAPM Without a Riskless Asset," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(2), pages 315-324.
- Fatma Lajeri-Chaherli, 2004. "Proper and Standard Risk Aversion in Two-Moment Decision Models," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 57(3), pages 213-225, November.
- Ormiston, Michael B & Schlee, Edward E, 2001. "Mean-Variance Preferences and Investor Behaviour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(474), pages 849-861, October.
- Meyer, Jack, 1987. "Two-moment Decision Models and Expected Utility Maximization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 421-430, June.
- John S. Chipman, 1973. "The Ordering of Portfolios in Terms of Mean and Variance," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(2), pages 167-190.
- Owen, Joel & Rabinovitch, Ramon, 1983. " On the Class of Elliptical Distributions and Their Applications to the Theory of Portfolio Choice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(3), pages 745-752, June.
- Gollier, Christian & Pratt, John W, 1996. "Risk Vulnerability and the Tempering Effect of Background Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1109-1123, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bontems, Philippe & Nauges, Céline, 2017. "Production choices with water markets: The role of initial allocations and forward trading," TSE Working Papers 17-812, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- De Pinto, Alessandro & Robertson, Richard D. & Obiri, Beatrice Darko, 2013. "Adoption of climate change mitigation practices by risk-averse farmers in the Ashanti Region, Ghana," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 47-54.
- Fatma Lajeri-Chaherli, 2016. "On The Concavity And Quasiconcavity Properties Of ( Σ , Μ ) Utility Functions," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(3), pages 287-296, April.
- repec:bla:jrinsu:v:85:y:2018:i:2:p:397-430 is not listed on IDEAS
- Malevergne, Y. & Rey, B., 2009. "On cross-risk vulnerability," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 224-229, October.
- Thomas Eichner & Daniel Weinreich, 2015. "Welfare stigma and risk taking in the welfare state," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 44(2), pages 319-348, February.
- Christian Gollier & Miles S. Kimball, 2018.
"Toward a Systematic Approach to the Economic Effects of Risk: Characterizing Utility Functions,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 85(2), pages 397-430, June.
- Gollier, Christian & Kimball, Miles S., 2018. "Toward a Systematic Approach to the Economic Effects of Risk: Characterizing Utility Functions"," TSE Working Papers 18-909, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Gollier, Christian & Kimball, Miles S., 2018. "Toward a Systematic Approach to the Economic Effects of Risk: Characterizing Utility Functions"," IDEI Working Papers 884, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Jiang, Chonghui & Ma, Yongkai & An, Yunbi, 2010. "An analysis of portfolio selection with background risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 3055-3060, December.
- Ebert, Sebastian & Wiesen, Daniel, 2009. "An experimental methodology testing for prudence and third-order preferences," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers 21/2009, University of Bonn, Bonn Graduate School of Economics (BGSE).
- Eichner, Thomas & Wagener, Andreas, 2012. "Tempering effects of (dependent) background risks: A mean-variance analysis of portfolio selection," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(6), pages 422-430.
- Xu, Guo & Wing-Keung, Wong & Lixing, Zhu, 2013. "Comparisons and Characterizations of the Mean-Variance, Mean-VaR, Mean-CVaR Models for Portfolio Selection With Background Risk," MPRA Paper 51827, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guo, Xu & Wagener, Andreas & Wong, Wing-Keung & Zhu, Lixing, 2017. "The Two-Moment Decision Model with Additive Risks," MPRA Paper 77625, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Weinreich, Daniel, 2013. "The perception of distributive fairness and optimal taxation under uncertainty," MPRA Paper 48912, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eichner, Thomas, 2011. "Portfolio selection and duality under mean variance preferences," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 146-152, January.
- Guo, Xu & Wong, Wing-Keung & Zhu, Lixing, 2013. "An analysis of portfolio selection with multiplicative background risk," MPRA Paper 51331, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsmean; variance; vulnerability; properness; standardness;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:54:y:2008:i:3:p:586-593. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.