Discourse and regulation failures: The ambivalent influence of NGOs on political organizations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Johan F. M. Swinnen & Pasquamaria Squicciarini & Thijs Vandemoortele, 2011. "The food crisis, mass media and the political economy of policy analysis and communication," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 38(3), pages 409-426, August.
- Viktor Vanberg & James M. Buchanan, 1989. "Interests and Theories in Constitutional Choice," Journal of Theoretical Politics, , vol. 1(1), pages 49-62, January.
- Kym Anderson, 2013.
"Agricultural price distortions: trends and volatility, past, and prospective,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(s1), pages 163-171, November.
- Anderson, Kym, 2012. "Agricultural Price Distortions: Trends and Volatility, Past and Prospective," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125692, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kym Anderson, 2013. "Agricultural Price Distortions: Trends and Volatility, Past and Prospective," Departmental Working Papers 2013-01, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Anderson, Kym, 2013. "Agricultural Price Distortions: Trends and Volatility, Past and Prospective," CEPR Discussion Papers 9286, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dwight R. Sanders & Scott H. Irwin & Robert P. Merrin, 2010.
"The Adequacy of Speculation in Agricultural Futures Markets: Too Much of a Good Thing?,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 32(1), pages 77-94.
- Dwight R. Sanders & Scott H. Irwin & Robert P. Merrin, 2010. "The Adequacy of Speculation in Agricultural Futures Markets: Too Much of a Good Thing?," Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 32(1), pages 77-94.
- Sanders, Dwight R. & Irwin, Scott H. & Merrin, Robert P., 2008. "The Adequacy of Speculation in Agricultural Futures Markets: Too Much of a Good Thing?," Marketing and Outlook Research Reports 37512, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics.
- Sanders, Dwight R. & Irwin, Scott H. & Merrin, Robert P., 2008. "The Adequacy of Speculation in Agricultural Futures Markets:Too Much of a Good Thing?," 2008 Conference, April 21-22, 2008, St. Louis, Missouri 37615, NCCC-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Nielson, Daniel L. & Tierney, Michael J., 2003. "Delegation to International Organizations: Agency Theory and World Bank Environmental Reform," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 57(02), pages 241-276, March.
- Friedman, Milton, 1986. "Economists and Economic Policy," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(1), pages 1-10, January.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1973. "Markets and Hierarchies: Some Elementary Considerations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 316-325, May.
- Pies, Ingo & Hielscher, Stefan, 2008. "Der systematische Ort der Zivilgesellschaft - Welche Rolle weist eine ökonomische Theorie der Moral zivilgesellschaftlichen Organisationen in der modernen Gesellschaft zu?," Discussion Papers 2008-11, Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg, Chair of Economic Ethics.
- Trostle, Ronald, 2008. "Factors Contributing to Recent Increases in Food Commodity Prices (PowerPoint)," Seminars 43902, USDA Economists Group.
- S. Akbar Zaidi, 1999. "NGO failure and the need to bring back the state," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 259-271.
- Doh, Jonathan P. & Teegen, Hildy, 2002. "Nongovernmental organizations as institutional actors in international business: theory and implications," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 665-684, December.
- Götz, Linde & Glauben, Thomas & Brümmer, Bernhard, 2013. "Wheat export restrictions and domestic market effects in Russia and Ukraine during the food crisis," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 214-226.
- Stefan Hielscher & Ingo Pies & Vladislav Valentinov, 2012. "How to Foster Social Progress: An Ordonomic Perspective on Progressive Institutional Change," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(3), pages 779-798.
- Pies, Ingo & Prehn, Sören & Glauben, Thomas & Will, Matthias Georg, 2013. "Speculation on agricultural commodities: A brief overview," Discussion Papers 2013-14, Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg, Chair of Economic Ethics.
- Irwin, Scott H. & Sanders, Dwight R., 2012. "Testing the Masters Hypothesis in commodity futures markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 256-269.
- David Lewis & Paul Opoku-Mensah, 2006. "Moving forward research agendas on international NGOs: theory, agency and context," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 665-675.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Will, Matthias Georg & Pies, Ingo, 2014. "Insiderhandel und die Regulierung der Kapitalmärkte: Ein Beitrag zur MiFID-Debatte," Discussion Papers 2014-7, Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg, Chair of Economic Ethics.
More about this item
KeywordsDiscourse Failure; Regulation Failure; NGO; Political Organizations; National Authorities; EU; UN; Self-Commitments; Political Economy; Diskursversagen; Regulierungsversagen; NGO; Politische Organisationen; Behörden; EU; UN; Selbst-Bindung; Politische Ökonomik;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:mlucee:20142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wwhalde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.