From hybrid TV towards transmedia: Recent marketing advances of the New Media developments
Large broadcasters and independent media companies are already aware of the global developments in transmedia storytelling and understand that this is the trend (Gambarato, Renira R., 2012). In Taiwan, the HwaCom New Media project started with a government funded HbbTV development project, and then turned into a transmedia trial. The Fun Travel infrastructure has been built since June, 2013. The HwaCom Systems, Inc. establishes alliances to gain access to other firms' valuable resources. This study focuses on single case and tries to provide an exploration of how strategic alliances help the HwaCom New Media project achieve resource combinations through the resource-based theory of strategic alliances. To facilitate this study, direct observations and a focus group interview were conducted to explore some insights of this trial case...
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.itseurope.org/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Teece, David J., 1992. "Competition, cooperation, and innovation : Organizational arrangements for regimes of rapid technological progress," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-25, June.
- Frances Bowen, 2007. "Corporate Social Strategy: Competing Views from Two Theories of the Firm," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 75(1), pages 97-113, September.
- Saad, Inès & Rosenthal-Sabroux, Camille & Grundstein, Michel, 2005. "Improving the Decision Making Process in the Design Project by Capitalizing on Company's Crucial Knowledge," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/3744, Paris Dauphine University.
- Linda Longfellow Blodgett, 1991. "Partner Contributions as Predictors of Equity Share in International Joint Ventures," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(1), pages 63-78, March.
- Deeds, David L. & Hill, Charles W. L., 1996. "Strategic alliances and the rate of new product development: An empirical study of entrepreneurial biotechnology firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 41-55, January.
- Seung Ho Park & Michael V. Russo, 1996. "When Competition Eclipses Cooperation: An Event History Analysis of Joint Venture Failure," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(6), pages 875-890, June.
- John B Cullen & Jean L Johnson & Tomoaki Sakano, 1995. "Japanese and Local Partners Commitment to IJVs: Psychological Consequences of Outcomes and Investments in the IJV Relationships," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(1), pages 91-115, March.
- Silviano Esteve-Pérez & Juan Mañez-Castillejo, 2008. "The Resource-Based Theory of the Firm and Firm Survival," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 231-249, March.
- Kogut, Bruce, 1989. "The Stability of Joint Ventures: Reciprocity and Competitive Rivalry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 183-98, December.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and Sustainability of Competitive Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1504-1511, December.
- Bing-Sheng Teng, 2007. "Corporate Entrepreneurship Activities through Strategic Alliances: A Resource-Based Approach toward Competitive Advantage," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 119-142, 01.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and the Sustainability of Competitive Advantage: Reply," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1514-1514, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:itse13:88502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.