Edith Penrose’s Theory of the Growth of the Firm and the strategic management of multinational enterprises
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alan M. Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2004. "A Final Word on Edith Penrose," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 205-217, January.
- Jan Johanson & Jan-Erik Vahlne, 1977. "The Internationalization Process of the Firm—A Model of Knowledge Development and Increasing Foreign Market Commitments," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 8(1), pages 23-32, March.
- Penrose, Edith T., 1960. "The Growth of the Firmâ€”A Case Study: The Hercules Powder Company," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(1), pages 1-23, April.
- Andy Lockett & Steve Thompson, 2004. "Edith Penrose's Contributions to the Resource‐based View: An Alternative Perspective," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 193-203, January.
- Teece, David J., 1980. "Economies of scope and the scope of the enterprise," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 223-247, September.
- S.A. Lippman & R.P. Rumelt, 1982. "Uncertain Imitability: An Analysis of Interfirm Differences in Efficiency under Competition," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 418-438, Autumn.
- Pitelis, Christos (ed.), 2002. "The Growth of the Firm: The Legacy of Edith Penrose," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199248520.
- Michael Best & Jane Humphries, 2003. "Edith Penrose: A Feminist Economist?," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 47-73.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christos Pitelis & Alain Verbeke, 2007. "Edith Penrose and the future of the multinational enterprise: New research directions," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 139-149, March.
- Danchi Tan & Weichieh Su & Joseph T. Mahoney & Yasemin Kor, 2020. "A review of research on the growth of multinational enterprises: A Penrosean lens," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 51(4), pages 498-537, June.
- Li, Lei & Li, Dan & Goerzen, Anthony & Shi, Weilei (Stone), 2018. "What and how do SMEs gain by going international? A longitudinal investigation of financial and intellectual resource growth," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 817-834.
- Lee Li & Gongming Qian & Zhengming Qian, 2015. "Should Small, Young Technologyâ€“Based Firms Internalize Transactions in Their Internationalization?," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 39(4), pages 839-862, July.
- Patrick Regnér & Udo Zander, 2011. "Knowledge and Strategy Creation in Multinational Companies," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 51(6), pages 821-850, December.
- Peter J. Buckley, 2011. "International Integration and Coordination in the Global Factory," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 269-283, April.
- Shameen Prashantham & Stephen Young, 2011. "Postâ€“Entry Speed of International New Ventures," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 35(2), pages 275-292, March.
- Andy Lockett & Johan Wiklund & Per Davidsson & Sourafel Girma, 2011. "Organic and Acquisitive Growth: Re‐examining, Testing and Extending Penrose's Growth Theory," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 48-74, January.
More about this item
KeywordsInternationalization; Multinational Firms; Global Strategic Management; Edith Penrose; Foreign Market Entry; Product Diversification;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:manint:v:47:y:2007:i:2:d:10.1007_s11575-007-0009-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.