Organic and Acquisitive Growth: Re‐examining, Testing and Extending Penrose's Growth Theory
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jay B. Barney, 1986. "Strategic Factor Markets: Expectations, Luck, and Business Strategy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(10), pages 1231-1241, October.
- Elizabeth Garnsey & Erik Stam & Paul Heffernan, 2006.
"New Firm Growth: Exploring Processes and Paths,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 1-20.
- Garnsey, E. & Stam, F.C. & Heffernan, P. & Hugo, O., 2003. "New Firm Growth: Exploring Processes and Paths," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2003-096-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Yasemin Y. Kor & Joseph T. Mahoney & Steven C. Michael, 2007. "Resources, Capabilities and Entrepreneurial Perceptions," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(7), pages 1187-1212, November.
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James G. March, 1991. "Exploration and Exploitation in Organizational Learning," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 71-87, February.
- repec:spr:manint:v:47:y:2007:i:2:d:10.1007_s11575-007-0015-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Saxenian, AnnaLee, 1991. "The origins and dynamics of production networks in Silicon Valley," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 423-437, October.
- Evans, David S, 1987.
"The Relationship between Firm Growth, Size, and Age: Estimates for 100 Manufacturing Industries,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 567-581, June.
- Evans, David S., 1986. "The Relationship Between Firm Growth, Size, and Age: Estimates for 100 Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 86-33, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Timothy J. Sturgeon, 2002. "Modular production networks: a new American model of industrial organization," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 451-496, June.
- Sidney G. Winter & Gabriel Szulanski, 2001. "Replication as Strategy," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(6), pages 730-743, December.
- Andy Lockett & Steve Thompson, 2004. "Edith Penrose's Contributions to the Resource-based View: An Alternative Perspective," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 193-203, January.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- P. A. Geroski, 2005. "Understanding the implications of empirical work on corporate growth rates," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(2), pages 129-138.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1995. "Selection corrections for panel data models under conditional mean independence assumptions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 115-132, July.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and the Sustainability of Competitive Advantage: Reply," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1514-1514, December.
- Kathleen Fuller & Jeffry Netter & Mike Stegemoller, 2002. "What Do Returns to Acquiring Firms Tell Us? Evidence from Firms That Make Many Acquisitions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(4), pages 1763-1793, August.
- repec:spr:manint:v:47:y:2007:i:2:d:10.1007_s11575-007-0009-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Penrose, Edith T., 1960. "The Growth of the Firm—A Case Study: The Hercules Powder Company," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(01), pages 1-23, March.
- Mahoney, Joseph T., 1995. "The management of resources and the resource of management," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 91-101, June.
- Hambrick, Donald C. & Crozier, Lynn M., 1985. "Stumblers and stars in the management of rapid growth," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 31-45.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and Sustainability of Competitive Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1504-1511, December.
- Andy Lockett, 2005. "Edith Penrose's legacy to the resource-based view," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(2), pages 83-98.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alex Coad & Christina Guenther, 2014.
"Processes of firm growth and diversification: theory and evidence,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 43(4), pages 857-871, December.
- Alex Coad & Christina Guenther, 2013. "Processes of firm growth and diversification: theory and evidence," SPRU Working Paper Series 2013-11, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Reddy, Kotapati Srinivasa, 2015. "Market for Corporate Control and Contractual Buyout (CoBO): A New “Collective Ownership-and-Administrative” Strategy," MPRA Paper 63937, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Juan Federico & Joan-Lluis Capelleras, 2015. "The heterogeneous dynamics between growth and profits: the case of young firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 231-253, February.
- Sven-Olov Daunfeldt & Daniel Halvarsson, 2015.
"Are high-growth firms one-hit wonders? Evidence from Sweden,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 361-383, February.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Halvarsson, Daniel, 2012. "Are high-growth firms one-hit wonders? Evidence from Sweden," HUI Working Papers 73, HUI Research.
- Xiao , Jing, 2014. "Ownership Change, Multinationals, and Growth of New Technology-Based Firms," Papers in Innovation Studies 2014/24, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Riaz, Suhaib & Glenn Rowe, W. & Beamish, Paul W., 2014. "Expatriate-deployment levels and subsidiary growth: A temporal analysis," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 1-11.
- Alicia Rodríguez & María Jesús Nieto, 2016. "Does R&D offshoring lead to SME growth? Different governance modes and the mediating role of innovation," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(8), pages 1734-1753, August.
- repec:mth:csbm88:v:3:y:2016:i:2:p:122-145 is not listed on IDEAS
- Crawford, G. Christopher & Aguinis, Herman & Lichtenstein, Benyamin & Davidsson, Per & McKelvey, Bill, 2015. "Power law distributions in entrepreneurship: Implications for theory and research," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 696-713.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Lang, Åsa & Macuchova, Zuzana & Rudholm, Niklas, 2011. "Firm Growth in the Retail and Wholesale Trade Sectors – Evidence from Sweden," HUI Working Papers 50, HUI Research.
- Jing Xiao, 2015. "The effects of acquisition on the growth of new technology-based firms: Do different types of acquirers matter?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 487-504, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jomstd:v:48:y:2011:i:1:p:48-74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2380 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.