How might a central bank report uncertainty?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Hess Chung & Jean‐Philippe Laforte & David Reifschneider & John C. Williams, 2012.
"Have We Underestimated the Likelihood and Severity of Zero Lower Bound Events?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 44, pages 47-82, February.
- Hess Chung & Jean-Philippe Laforte & David L. Reifschneider & John C. Williams, 2011. "Have we underestimated the likelihood and severity of zero lower bound events?," Working Paper Series 2011-01, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Ray Fair, 2003.
"Optimal Control and Stochastic Simulation of Large Nonlinear Models with Rational Expectations,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 21(3), pages 245-256, June.
- Ray Fair, 2001. "Optimal Control and Stochastic Simulation of Large Nonlinear Models with Rational Expectations," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm202, Yale School of Management, revised 24 Sep 2001.
- Fair, Ray C & Taylor, John B, 1990.
"Full Information Estimation and Stochastic Simulation of Models with Rational Expectations,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(4), pages 381-392, Oct.-Dec..
- Ray C. Fair & John B. Taylor, 1989. "Full Information Estimation and Stochastic Simulation of Models with Rational Expectations," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 921, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Ray C. Fair & John B. Taylor, 1991. "Full Information Estimation and Stochastic Simulation of Models with Rational Expectations," NBER Technical Working Papers 0078, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reifschneider, David & Willams, John C, 2000. "Three Lessons for Monetary Policy in a Low-Inflation Era," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(4), pages 936-966, November.
- Parke, William R, 1982. "An Algorithm for FIML and 3SLS Estimation of Large Nonlinear Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 81-95, January.
- David L. Reifschneider & John C. Williams, 2000.
"Three lessons for monetary policy in a low-inflation era,"
Conference Series ; [Proceedings],
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, pages 936-978.
- David L. Reifschneider & John C. Williams, 1999. "Three lessons for monetary policy in a low inflation era," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-44, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David L. Reifschneider & Peter Tulip, 2007. "Gauging the uncertainty of the economic outlook from historical forecasting errors," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2007-60, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marsay, David, 2016. "Decision-making under radical uncertainty: An interpretation of Keynes' treatise," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 10, pages 1-31.
More about this item
Keywordscentral bank; uncertainty; stochastic simulation;
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-06-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2014-06-28 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CMP-2014-06-28 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2014-06-28 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2014-06-28 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwedp:201425. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.