Heterogeneous Motivations of Household - Level Coca Growing Areas: The Case of an Indigenous Community in Peru
There is a great deal of heterogeneity among coca growers in Peru, a fact that the national organizations and international co-operation have recognized, but has not been able to address property in anti-drug policy design. In this paper, we investigate the joint decision to grow coca and the decision of the quantity of coca bushes to cultivate, first under a homogeneity assumption, and then relaxing this assumption to allow for heterogeneity. Our research results support the notion of coca grower heterogeneity, identify the differences between groups of coca growers, and suggest different anti-drug policies, based on their effects in each group.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.ael.ethz.ch/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alpizar, Francisco & Carlsson, Fredrik & Johansson-Stenman, Olof, 2008.
"Anonymity, reciprocity, and conformity: Evidence from voluntary contributions to a national park in Costa Rica,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(5-6), pages 1047-1060, June.
- Alpizar, Francisco & Carlsson, Fredrik & Johansson-Stenman, Olof, 2007. "Anonymity, Reciprocity, and Conformity: Evidence from Voluntary Contributions to a National Park in Costa Rica," Working Papers in Economics 245, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Alpizar, Francisco & Carlson, Fredrik & Johansson-Stenman, Olof, 2008. "Anonymity, Reciprocity, and Conformity: Evidence from Voluntary Contributions to a National Park in Costa Rica," Discussion Papers dp-08-03-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Thurow, Amy P. & Conner, J. Richard & Thurow, Thomas L. & Garriga, Matthew D., 2001. "A preliminary analysis of Texas ranchers' willingness to participate in a brush control cost-sharing program to improve off-site water yields," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 139-152, April.
- Beharry-Borg, Nesha & Scarpa, Riccardo, 2010. "Valuing quality changes in Caribbean coastal waters for heterogeneous beach visitors," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1124-1139, March.
- Anesi, Vincent, 2008. "Incentives and prosocial behavior in democratic societies," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 849-855, December.
- Jacoby, Hanan G., 1991. "Productivity of men and women and the sexual division of labor in peasant agriculture of the Peruvian Sierra," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1-2), pages 265-287, November.
- Owen, Ann L. & Videras, Julio R., 2007. "Culture and public goods: The case of religion and the voluntary provision of environmental quality," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 162-180, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:gdec10:23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.