The impact of fundamental and financial traders on the term structure of oil
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Heidorn, Thomas & Mokinski, Frieder & Rühl, Christoph & Schmaltz, Christian, 2015. "The impact of fundamental and financial traders on the term structure of oil," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 276-287.
References listed on IDEAS
- Diebold, Francis X. & Li, Canlin, 2006.
"Forecasting the term structure of government bond yields,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 337-364, February.
- Francis X. Diebold & Canlin Li, 2002. "Forecasting the Term Structure of Government Bond Yields," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-34, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Francis X. Diebold & Canlin Li, 2003. "Forecasting the Term Structure of Government Bond Yields," NBER Working Papers 10048, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diebold, Francis X. & Li, Canlin, 2003. "Forecasting the term structure of government bond yields," CFS Working Paper Series 2004/09, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Tokic, Damir, 2011. "Rational destabilizing speculation, positive feedback trading, and the oil bubble of 2008," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 2051-2061, April.
- Ing-Haw Cheng & Andrei Kirilenko & Wei Xiong, 2015.
"Convective Risk Flows in Commodity Futures Markets,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 19(5), pages 1733-1781.
- Ing-Haw Cheng & Andrei Kirilenko & Wei Xiong, 2012. "Convective Risk Flows in Commodity Futures Markets," NBER Working Papers 17921, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Irwin, Scott H. & Sanders, Dwight R., 2012. "Testing the Masters Hypothesis in commodity futures markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 256-269.
- Jacks, David S., 2007. "Populists versus theorists: Futures markets and the volatility of prices," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 342-362, April.
- Bahattin Buyuksahin & Jeffrey H. Harris, 2011. "Do Speculators Drive Crude Oil Futures Prices?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 167-202.
- Nelson, Charles R & Siegel, Andrew F, 1987. "Parsimonious Modeling of Yield Curves," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(4), pages 473-489, October.
- Diebold, Francis X. & Rudebusch, Glenn D. & Borag[caron]an Aruoba, S., 2006.
"The macroeconomy and the yield curve: a dynamic latent factor approach,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 131(1-2), pages 309-338.
- Francis X. Diebold & Glenn D. Rudebusch & S. Boragan Aruoba, 2004. "The Macroeconomy and the Yield Curve: A Dynamic Latent Factor Approach," NBER Working Papers 10616, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- van Huellen, Sophie, 2019.
"Price discovery in commodity futures and cash markets with heterogeneous agents,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 1-13.
- Sophie van Huellen, 2018. "Price Discovery in Commodity Futures and Cash Markets with Heterogenous Agents," Working Papers 213, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- Liu, Li & Wang, Yudong & Wu, Chongfeng & Wu, Wenfeng, 2016. "Disentangling the determinants of real oil prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 363-373.
- Baruník, Jozef & Malinská, Barbora, 2016.
"Forecasting the term structure of crude oil futures prices with neural networks,"
Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 366-379.
- Jozef Barunik & Barbora Malinska, 2015. "Forecasting the term structure of crude oil futures prices with neural networks," Papers 1504.04819, arXiv.org.
- Jozef Barunik & Barbora Malinska, 2015. "Forecasting the Term Structure of Crude Oil Futures Prices with Neural Networks," Working Papers IES 2015/25, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Nov 2015.
- Sophie van Huellen, 2018. "Too Much of a Good Thing? Speculative Effects on Commodity Futures Curves," Working Papers 211, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
More about this item
KeywordsWTI; Price speculation; Oil price rise; Market Integration;
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2014-04-18 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:fsfmwp:209. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hfbfide.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.