Effects on women empowerment of awareness raising
This work is based on a project developed by the ACCIG (Association of the Culture and Knowledge for the Gender Equality) for some rural municipalities in the Center of Portugal. This project was financed by national funds and by funds from the European Union through the NSRF (National Support Reference Framework). The ACCIG aims to empower people, namely the more disadvantaged, particularly the women who are in more vulnerable situation. From the project, for this work, was used the information about the awareness raising. Namely, the information about what was did in these actions of sensitization, about the characterization of the participants in these initiatives and about the receptivity of the women for these projects. The principal objective of this project is to empower the more disadvantaged social groups, particularly women, enabling these persons to a more civic participation.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814-520
Web page: http://www.econstor.eu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- de la CROIX, David & VANDER DONCKT, Marie, 2008.
"Would empowering women initiate the demographic transition in least-developed countries?,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2008043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- David de la Croix & Marie Vander Donckt, 2010. "Would Empowering Women Initiate the Demographic Transition in Least Developed Countries?," Journal of Human Capital, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(2), pages 85-129.
- de la CROIX, David & VANDER DONCKT, Marie, . "Would empowering women initiate the demographic transition in least developed countries?," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2290, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- David, DE LA CROIX & Marie, VANDER DONCKT, 2008. "Would empowering women initiate the demographic transition in least-developing countries ?," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2008026, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Bauer, Michal & Chytilová, Julie, 2009.
"Women, Children and Patience: Experimental Evidence from Indian Villages,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4241, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michal Bauer & Julie Chytilová, 2013. "Women, Children and Patience: Experimental Evidence from Indian Villages," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 662-675, November.
- Francavilla, Francesca & Giannelli, Gianna Claudia, 2011.
"Does family planning help the employment of women? The case of India,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 412-426, October.
- Francesca Francavilla, & Gianna Claudia Giannelli, 2011. "Does Family Planning Help The Employment of Women? The Case of India," Working Papers - Economics wp2011_10.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Roy, Sanchari, 2011. "Empowering Women: Inheritance Rights and Female Education in India," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 46, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- B, Ranjula & Wallentin, Fan Yang, 2008. "Economic or Non-Economic Factors – What Empowers Women?," Working Paper Series 2008:11, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Lisa Warth & Malinka Koparanova, 2012. "Empowering Women for Sustainable Development," ECE Discussion Papers Series 2012_1, UNECE.
- Manisha Desai, 2010. "Hope in Hard Times: Women’s Empowerment and Human Development," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2010-14, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Angela Hung & Joanne Yoong & Elizabeth Brown, 2012. "Empowering Women Through Financial Awareness and Education," OECD Working Papers on Finance, Insurance and Private Pensions 14, OECD Publishing.
- Kandpal, Eeshani & Baylis, Kathy & Arends-Kuenning, Mary P., 2012. "Empowering Women through Education and Influence: An Evaluation of the Indian Mahila Samakhya Program," IZA Discussion Papers 6347, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:esprep:67517. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.