Would empowering women initiate the demographic transition in least-developed countries?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- David de la Croix & Marie Vander Donckt, 2010. "Would Empowering Women Initiate the Demographic Transition in Least Developed Countries?," Journal of Human Capital, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(2), pages 85-129.
- David, DE LA CROIX & Marie, VANDER DONCKT, 2008. "Would empowering women initiate the demographic transition in least-developing countries ?," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2008026, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- de la CROIX, David & VANDER DONCKT, Marie, 2010. "Would empowering women initiate the demographic transition in least developed countries?," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2290, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
References listed on IDEAS
- Rodrigo R. Soares, 2005.
"Mortality Reductions, Educational Attainment, and Fertility Choice,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 580-601, June.
- Rodrigo R. Soares, 2003. "Mortality Reductions, Educational Attainment, and Fertility Choice," Development and Comp Systems 0312006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rodrigo R. Soares, 2004. "Mortality Reductions, Educational Attainment, and Fertility Choice," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 9, Econometric Society.
- Francois, Patrick, 1998. "Gender discrimination without gender difference: theory and policy responses," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 1-32, April.
- Hazan, Moshe & Zoabi, Hosny, 2005. "Does Longevity Cause Growth?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4931, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Iyigun, Murat & Walsh, Randall P., 2007. "Endogenous gender power, household labor supply and the demographic transition," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 138-155, January.
- Boucekkine, Raouf & de la Croix, David & Licandro, Omar, 2002.
"Vintage Human Capital, Demographic Trends, and Endogenous Growth,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 340-375, June.
- Raouf Boucekkine & David de la Croix & Omar Licandro, "undated". "vintage human capital, demographic trends and endogenous growth," Working Papers 2000-02, FEDEA.
- Boucekkine, Raouf & de la Croix, David & Licandro, Omar, 2000. "Vintage Human Capital, Demographic Trends and Endogenous Growth," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2000007, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Lui, Francis T, 1991. "Intergenerational Trade, Longevity, and Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 1029-1059, October.
- Michael Bar & Oksana Leukhina, 2010.
"Demographic Transition and Industrial Revolution: A Macroeconomic Investigation,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 13(2), pages 424-451, April.
- Michael Bar & Oksana Leukhina, 2009. "Supplemental Notes to "Demographic transition and industrial revolution: A macroeconomic investigation"," Technical Appendices 08-85, Review of Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
Keywordsgender gap; fertility; education; household bargaining.;
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2008-11-25 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2008-11-25 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2008043. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/coreebe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.