Less pain at the pump? The effects of regulatory interventions in retail gasoline markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maarten Janssen & Paul Pichler & Simon Weidenholzer, 2011. "Oligopolistic markets with sequential search and production cost uncertainty," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 42(3), pages 444-470, September.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, March.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, November.
- Maskin, Eric & Tirole, Jean, 1988. "A Theory of Dynamic Oligopoly, II: Price Competition, Kinked Demand Curves, and Edgeworth Cycles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(3), pages 571-599, May.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2009. "Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8769.
- Bettendorf, Leon & van der Geest, Stephanie A. & Varkevisser, Marco, 2003. "Price asymmetry in the Dutch retail gasoline market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 669-689, November.
- Cecchetti, Stephen G., 1986. "The frequency of price adjustment : A study of the newsstand prices of magazines," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 255-274, April.
- Michael D. Noel, 2007. "Edgeworth Price Cycles, Cost-Based Pricing, and Sticky Pricing in Retail Gasoline Markets," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(2), pages 324-334, May.
- Castilla, Carolina & Haab, Timothy C., 2010. "Asymmetric Search and Loss Aversion: Choice Experiment on Consumer Willingness to Search in the Gasoline Retail Market," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61672, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Galeotti, Marzio & Lanza, Alessandro & Manera, Matteo, 2003.
"Rockets and feathers revisited: an international comparison on European gasoline markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 175-190, March.
- M. Galeotti & A. Lanza & M. Manera, 2001. "Rockets and feathers revisited: an international comparison on European gasoline markets," Working Paper CRENoS 200112, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Eckert, Andrew & West, Douglas S., 2005. "Price uniformity and competition in a retail gasoline market," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 219-237, February.
- Haucap, Justus & Müller, Hans Christian, 2012. "The Effects of Gasoline Price Regulations: Experimental Evidence," DICE Discussion Papers 47, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Carolina Castilla & Timothy Haab, 2015. "Asymmetric search and prospect theory: choice experiment on consumer willingness to search in the gasoline retail market," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(8), pages 756-778, February.
- Zhongmin Wang, 2009. "(Mixed) Strategy in Oligopoly Pricing: Evidence from Gasoline Price Cycles Before and Under a Timing Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 117(6), pages 987-1030, December.
- Lünnemann, Patrick & Mathä, Thomas Y., 2005.
"Consumer price behaviour in Luxembourg: evidence from micro CPI data,"
Working Paper Series
541, European Central Bank.
- Patrick Lünnemann & Thomas Mathä, 2005. "Consumer price behaviour in Luxembourg: evidence from micro CPI data," BCL working papers 17, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Kirchgassner, Gebhard & Kubler, Knut, 1992. "Symmetric or asymmetric price adjustments in the oil market : An empirical analysis of the relations between international and domestic prices in the Federal Republic of Germany, 1972-1989," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 171-185, July.
- Siegfried Berninghaus & Michael Hesch & Andreas Hildenbrand, 2012. "Zur Wirkung regulatorischer Preiseingriffe auf dem Tankstellenmarkt," Wirtschaftsdienst, Springer;German National Library of Economics, vol. 92(1), pages 46-50, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich & Siekmann, Manuel, 2015. "Price dispersion and station heterogeneity on German retail gasoline markets," DICE Discussion Papers 171, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Justus Haucap & Ulrich Heimeshoff & Manuel Siekmann, 2017.
"Fuel Prices and Station Heterogeneity on Retail Gasoline Markets,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 6).
- Siekmann, Manuel & Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2015. "Fuel Prices and Station Heterogeneity on Retail Gasoline Markets," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113040, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich & Siekmann, Manuel, 2016.
"Selling gasoline as a by-product: The impact of market structure on local prices,"
DICE Discussion Papers
240, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich & Siekmann, Manuel, 2017. "Selling Gasoline as a By-Product: The Impact of Market Structure on Local Prices," Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168198, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Obradovits, Martin, 2014.
"Austrian-style gasoline price regulation: How it may backfire,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 33-45.
- Obradovits, Martin, 2012. "Austrian-style gasoline price regulation: How it may backfire," MPRA Paper 42529, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Wein, 2014. "Preventing Margin Squeeze: An Unsolvable Puzzle for Competition Policy? The Case of the German Gasoline Market," Working Paper Series in Economics 309, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Wittmann, Nadine, 2014. "Regulating gasoline retail markets: The case of Germany," Economics Discussion Papers 2014-17, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Muck, Johannes, 2016. "Tariff-mediated network effects with incompletely informed consumers," DICE Discussion Papers 210, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Fasoula, Evanthia & Schweikert, Karsten, 2018. "Price regulations and price adjustment dynamics: Evidence from the Austrian retail fuel market," Hohenheim Discussion Papers in Business, Economics and Social Sciences 08-2018, University of Hohenheim, Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Noel, Michael D. & Chu, Lanlan, 2015. "Forecasting gasoline prices in the presence of Edgeworth Price Cycles," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 204-214.
- Justus Haucap & Willi Diez & Hans-Joachim Otto & Heinz-J. Bontrup, 2012. "Steigende Benzinpreise: Fehlende Transparenz auf dem Öl- und Kraftstoffmarkt?," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 65(11), pages 03-15, June.
More about this item
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L71 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Hydrocarbon Fuels
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2012-06-05 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENE-2012-06-05 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2012-06-05 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-TRE-2012-06-05 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:dicedp:51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diduede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.