Less pain at the pump? The effects of regulatory interventions in retail gasoline markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maarten Janssen & Paul Pichler & Simon Weidenholzer, 2011. "Oligopolistic markets with sequential search and production cost uncertainty," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 42(3), pages 444-470, September.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, January.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, January.
- Maskin, Eric & Tirole, Jean, 1988. "A Theory of Dynamic Oligopoly, II: Price Competition, Kinked Demand Curves, and Edgeworth Cycles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(3), pages 571-599, May.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2009. "Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8769.
- Bettendorf, Leon & van der Geest, Stephanie A. & Varkevisser, Marco, 2003. "Price asymmetry in the Dutch retail gasoline market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 669-689, November.
- Cecchetti, Stephen G., 1986. "The frequency of price adjustment : A study of the newsstand prices of magazines," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 255-274, April.
- Michael D. Noel, 2007. "Edgeworth Price Cycles, Cost-Based Pricing, and Sticky Pricing in Retail Gasoline Markets," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(2), pages 324-334, May.
- Castilla, Carolina & Haab, Timothy C., 2010. "Asymmetric Search and Loss Aversion: Choice Experiment on Consumer Willingness to Search in the Gasoline Retail Market," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61672, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Galeotti, Marzio & Lanza, Alessandro & Manera, Matteo, 2003.
"Rockets and feathers revisited: an international comparison on European gasoline markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 175-190, March.
- M. Galeotti & A. Lanza & M. Manera, 2001. "Rockets and feathers revisited: an international comparison on European gasoline markets," Working Paper CRENoS 200112, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Eckert, Andrew & West, Douglas S., 2005. "Price uniformity and competition in a retail gasoline market," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 219-237, February.
- Haucap, Justus & Müller, Hans Christian, 2012. "The Effects of Gasoline Price Regulations: Experimental Evidence," DICE Discussion Papers 47, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Carolina Castilla & Timothy Haab, 2015. "Asymmetric search and prospect theory: choice experiment on consumer willingness to search in the gasoline retail market," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(8), pages 756-778, February.
- Zhongmin Wang, 2009. "(Mixed) Strategy in Oligopoly Pricing: Evidence from Gasoline Price Cycles Before and Under a Timing Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 117(6), pages 987-1030, December.
- Lünnemann, Patrick & Mathä, Thomas Y., 2005.
"Consumer price behaviour in Luxembourg: evidence from micro CPI data,"
Working Paper Series
541, European Central Bank.
- Patrick Lünnemann & Thomas Mathä, 2005. "Consumer price behaviour in Luxembourg: evidence from micro CPI data," BCL working papers 17, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Kirchgassner, Gebhard & Kubler, Knut, 1992. "Symmetric or asymmetric price adjustments in the oil market : An empirical analysis of the relations between international and domestic prices in the Federal Republic of Germany, 1972-1989," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 171-185, July.
- Siegfried Berninghaus & Michael Hesch & Andreas Hildenbrand, 2012. "Zur Wirkung regulatorischer Preiseingriffe auf dem Tankstellenmarkt," Wirtschaftsdienst, Springer;German National Library of Economics, vol. 92(1), pages 46-50, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich & Siekmann, Manuel, 2015. "Price dispersion and station heterogeneity on German retail gasoline markets," DICE Discussion Papers 171, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Justus Haucap & Ulrich Heimeshoff & Manuel Siekmann, 2017.
"Fuel Prices and Station Heterogeneity on Retail Gasoline Markets,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 6).
- Siekmann, Manuel & Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2015. "Fuel Prices and Station Heterogeneity on Retail Gasoline Markets," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113040, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich & Siekmann, Manuel, 2016.
"Selling gasoline as a by-product: The impact of market structure on local prices,"
DICE Discussion Papers
240, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich & Siekmann, Manuel, 2017. "Selling Gasoline as a By-Product: The Impact of Market Structure on Local Prices," Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168198, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Obradovits, Martin, 2014.
"Austrian-style gasoline price regulation: How it may backfire,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 33-45.
- Obradovits, Martin, 2012. "Austrian-style gasoline price regulation: How it may backfire," MPRA Paper 42529, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Wein, 2014. "Preventing Margin Squeeze: An Unsolvable Puzzle for Competition Policy? The Case of the German Gasoline Market," Working Paper Series in Economics 309, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Wittmann, Nadine, 2014. "Regulating gasoline retail markets: The case of Germany," Economics Discussion Papers 2014-17, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Muck, Johannes, 2016. "Tariff-mediated network effects with incompletely informed consumers," DICE Discussion Papers 210, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Noel, Michael D. & Chu, Lanlan, 2015. "Forecasting gasoline prices in the presence of Edgeworth Price Cycles," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 204-214.
- Justus Haucap & Willi Diez & Hans-Joachim Otto & Heinz-J. Bontrup, 2012. "Steigende Benzinpreise: Fehlende Transparenz auf dem Öl- und Kraftstoffmarkt?," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 65(11), pages 03-15, June.
More about this item
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L71 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Hydrocarbon Fuels
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2012-06-05 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENE-2012-06-05 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2012-06-05 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-TRE-2012-06-05 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:dicedp:51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diduede.html .