Price Cycles and Price Leadership in Gasoline Markets: New Evidence from Canada
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Matthew S. Lewis, 2009. "Temporary Wholesale Gasoline Price Spikes Have Long-Lasting Retail Effects: The Aftermath of Hurricane Rita," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(3), pages 581-605, August.
- George Deltas, 2008. "RETAIL GASOLINE PRICE DYNAMICS AND LOCAL MARKET POWER -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(3), pages 613-628, September.
- Eckert, Andrew & West, Douglas S., 2005. "Price uniformity and competition in a retail gasoline market," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 219-237, February.
- Eckert, Andrew, 2003. "Retail price cycles and the presence of small firms," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 151-170, February.
- Matthew S. Lewis & Howard P. Marvel, 2011. "When Do Consumers Search?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 457-483, September.
- Hirschberg, Joseph G. & Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Slottje, Daniel & Arize, Augustine C., 2003.
"Antitrust issues in international comparisons of market structure,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 129-158, March.
- Joseph G. Hirschberg & Esfandiar Maasoumi & Daniel Slottje & Augustine C. Arize, 2002. "Antitrust Issues in International Comparisons of Market Structure," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 836, The University of Melbourne.
- Andrew Eckert & Douglas S. West, 2004. "A tale of two cities: Price uniformity and price volatility in gasoline retailing," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 38(1), pages 25-46, March.
- Michael D. Noel, 2011. "Edgeworth price cycles," The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Victor Aguirregabiria, 1999. "The Dynamics of Markups and Inventories in Retailing Firms," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(2), pages 275-308.
- Matthew Lewis & Michael Noel, 2011.
"The Speed of Gasoline Price Response in Markets with and without Edgeworth Cycles,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 93(2), pages 672-682, May.
- Lewis, Matt & Noel, Michael, 2009. "The Speed of Gasoline Price Response in Markets With and Without Edgeworth Cycles," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt8j36j1s1, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Severin Borenstein & A. Colin Cameron & Richard Gilbert, 1997.
"Do Gasoline Prices Respond Asymmetrically to Crude Oil Price Changes?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 305-339.
- Severin Borenstein & A. Colin Cameron, 1992. "Do Gasoline Prices Respond Asymmetrically to Crude Oil Price Changes?," NBER Working Papers 4138, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benjamin Atkinson, Andrew Eckert, and Douglas S. West, 2014. "Daily Price Cycles and Constant Margins: Recent Events in Canadian Gasoline Retailing," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Nicolas de Roos & Hajime Katayama, 2013. "Gasoline Price Cycles Under Discrete Time Pricing," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 89(285), pages 175-193, June.
- Isakower, Sean & Wang, Zhongmin, 2014. "A comparison of regular price cycles in gasoline and liquefied petroleum gas," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 445-454.
More about this item
KeywordsRetail gasoline prices; Edgeworth Cycles; Price leadership; Coordination;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L9 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2011-09-05 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2011-09-05 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2011-09-05 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mlb:wpaper:1124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dandapani Lokanathan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/demelau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.