Do Gasoline Prices Respond Asymmetrically to Crude Oil Price Changes?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Severin Borenstein & A. Colin Cameron & Richard Gilbert, 1997. "Do Gasoline Prices Respond Asymmetrically to Crude Oil Price Changes?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 305-339.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shepard, Andrea, 1991. "Price Discrimination and Retail Configuration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(1), pages 30-53, February.
- Severin Borenstein, 1991. "Selling Costs and Switching Costs: Explaining Retail Gasoline Margins," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(3), pages 354-369, Autumn.
- Reagan, Patricia B. & Weitzman, Martin L., 1982. "Asymmetries in price and quantity adjustments by the competitive firm," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 410-420, August.
- West, Kenneth D, 1988. "Asymptotic Normality, When Regressors Have a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(6), pages 1397-1417, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Stephen P. A. Brown & Mine K. Yücel, 2000. "Gasoline and crude oil prices: why the asymmetry?," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q3, pages 23-29.
- Jeremy A. Verlinda, 2007. "Price-Response Asymmetry and Spatial Differentiation in Local Retail Gasoline Markets," EAG Discussions Papers 200704, Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
- Emek Basker & Lucia Foster & Shawn Klimek, 2017.
"Customer‐employee substitution: Evidence from gasoline stations,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 876-896, December.
- Emek Basker & Lucia Foster & Shawn Klimek, 2015. "Customer-Employee Substitution: Evidence from Gasoline Stations," Working Papers 15-45, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Cédric Audenis & Pierre Biscourp & Nicolas Riedinger, 2002. "Le prix des carburants est plus sensible à une hausse qu'à une baisse du brut," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 359(1), pages 149-165.
- Lance J. Bachmeier & James M. Griffin, 2003.
"New Evidence on Asymmetric Gasoline Price Responses,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(3), pages 772-776, August.
- Lance J. Bachmeier & James M. Griffin, "undated". "New Evidence on Asymmetric Gasoline Price Responses," Working Papers 0208, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Hughes, Jonathan E., 2011. "The higher price of cleaner fuels: Market power in the rail transport of fuel ethanol," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 123-139, September.
- Cohen, Andrew, 2008. "Package size and price discrimination in the paper towel market," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 502-516, March.
- Zava Aydemir & Stefan Buehler, 2002.
"Estimating Vertical Foreclosure in U.S. Gasoline Supply,"
SOI - Working Papers
0212, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- BŸhler, Stefan & Zava Aydemir, 2003. "Estimating Vertical Foreclosure in U.S. Gasoline Supply," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 33, Royal Economic Society.
- Patrick Paul Walsh & Ciara Whelan, 1999.
"A Rationale for Repealing the 1987 Groceries Order,"
The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 30(1), pages 71-90.
- Ciara Whelan & Patrick P. Walsh, 1999. "A rationale for repealing the 1987 Groceries Order," Open Access publications 10197/127, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Rodney Paul & Dragan Miljkovic & Viju Ipe, 2001. "Market integration in US gasoline markets," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(10), pages 1335-1340.
- Roach, Travis, 2019. "Market power and second degree price discrimination in retail gasoline markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C).
- Clerides, Sofronis K., 2002. "Book value: intertemporal pricing and quality discrimination in the US market for books," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1385-1408, December.
- Bello, Alejandro & Contín-Pilart, Ignacio, 2012. "Taxes, cost and demand shifters as determinants in the regional gasoline price formation process: Evidence from Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 439-448.
- John M. Barron & Beck A. Taylor & John R. Umbeck, 2004. "Will Open Supply Lower Retail Gasoline Prices?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(1), pages 63-77, January.
- George Deltas, 2008. "Retail Gasoline Price Dynamics And Local Market Power," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(3), pages 613-628, September.
- Jeremy A. Verlinda, 2008. "Do Rockets Rise Faster And Feathers Fall Slower In An Atmosphere Of Local Market Power? Evidence From The Retail Gasoline Market," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(3), pages 581-612, September.
- Kauf, Teresa L., 1999. "Price discrimination and bargaining power in the U.S. vaccine market: Implications for childhood immunization policy," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 249-265.
- Juan Carlos Cuestas, 2009.
"Purchasing power parity in Central and Eastern European countries: an analysis of unit roots and nonlinearities,"
Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 87-94.
- Juan Carlos Cuestas, 2007. "Purchasing Power Parity In Central And Eastern European Countries: An Analysis Of Unit Roots And Nonlinearities," Working Papers. Serie AD 2007-22, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Satoh, Eiji & Iwase, Ryusuke & Kamakura, Keita & Sawasato, Shinji & Tominaga, Saki, 2018. "Consumer search costs, geographical concentration, and retail gasoline pricing: Evidence from inland Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 1-8.
- Julie Holland Mortimer, 2005.
"Price Discrimination, Copyright Law, and Technological Innovation: Evidence from the Introduction of DVDs,"
NBER Working Papers
11676, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mortimer, Julie Holland, 2007. "Price Discrimination, Copyright Law, and Technological Innovation: Evidence From The Introduction of DVDs," Scholarly Articles 3425914, Harvard University Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:4138. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.