Asymmetric perceptions of the economy: Media, firms, consumers, and experts
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Konstantin Kholodilin & Christian Kolmer & Tobias Thomas & Dirk Ulbricht, 2015. "Asymmetric Perceptions of the Economy: Media, Firms, Consumers, and Experts," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1490, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jan Grossarth-Maticek & Johannes Mayr, 2008. "Medienberichte als Konjunkturindikator," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 61(07), pages 17-29, April.
- Dirk Ulbricht & Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Tobias Thomas, 2017.
"Do Media Data Help to Predict German Industrial Production?,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 36(5), pages 483-496, August.
- Kholodilin, Konstantin A. & Thomas, Tobias & Ulbricht, Dirk, 2014. "Do media data help to predict German industrial production?," DICE Discussion Papers 149, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Tobias Thomas & Dirk Ulbricht, 2014. "Do Media Data Help to Predict German Industrial Production?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1393, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Bernhardt, Dan & Krasa, Stefan & Polborn, Mattias, 2008.
"Political polarization and the electoral effects of media bias,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(5-6), pages 1092-1104, June.
- Dan Bernhardt & Stefan Krasa & Mattias Polborn, 2006. "Political Polarization and the Electoral Effects of Media Bias," CESifo Working Paper Series 1798, CESifo Group Munich.
- Tim Groseclose & Jeffrey Milyo, 2005. "A Measure of Media Bias," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 120(4), pages 1191-1237.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Klaus Abberger, 2007. "Forecasting Quarter-on-Quarter Changes of German GDP with Monthly Business Tendency Survey Results," ifo Working Paper Series 40, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Justus Haucap & Tobias Thomas & Gert G. Wagner, 2015.
"Zu wenig Einfluss des ökonomischen Sachverstands? Empirische Befunde zum Einfluss von Ökonomen und anderen Wissenschaftlern auf die Wirtschaftspolitik,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1449, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Haucap, Justus & Thomas, Tobias & Wagner, Gert G., 2015. "Zu wenig Einfluss des ökonomischen Sachverstands? Empirische Befunde zum Einfluss von Ökonomen und anderen Wissenschaftlern auf die Wirtschaftspolitik," DICE Ordnungspolitische Perspektiven 70, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Schröder, Michael & Hüfner, Felix P., 2002. "Forecasting economic activity in Germany: how useful are sentiment indicators?," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-56, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ralf Dewenter & Ulrich Heimeshoff & Tobias Thomas, 2016. "Media Coverage and Car Manufacturers' Sales," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(2), pages 976-982.
- Bonnet, Céline & Schain, Jan Philip, 2017.
"An empirical analysis of mergers: Efficiency gains and impact on consumer prices,"
DICE Discussion Papers
244, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Bonnet, Céline & Schain, Jan Philip, 2017. "An Empirical Analysis of Mergers: Efficiency Gains and Impact on Consumer Prices," TSE Working Papers 17-765, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
More about this item
Keywordsmedia bias; consensus forecasts; consumer and business sentiment;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:dicedp:188. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diduede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.