Market integration of conventional and organic wheat in Germany
This paper ... is concerned with interdependencies between organic and conventional wheat prices at the producer level. The analysis is carried out by means of cointegration analysis, that is, the estimation of a vector error correction model considering the two price series. With such a model, empirical evidence on the integration of both markets and the speed of transmission of price signals between them can be obtained. With respect to the transformation in the organic and conventional sector, we want to check, if we find evidences for a structural changes. We assume that an increasing share of supermarkets and discounters in the organic sector play a considerable role and lead to a closer link between organic and conventional prices. First, we present the development of the organic market before we give a description of some theory of price transmission analysis. Then we present the data, the model and estimation results. Finally, we draw conclusions.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Platz der Göttinger Sieben 5, D-37073 Göttingen|
Web page: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/18500.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stefan Busse & Bernhard Brümmer & Rico Ihle, 2012. "Price formation in the German biodiesel supply chain: a Markov-switching vector error-correction modeling approach," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(5), pages 545-560, 09.
- Artavia, Marco & Deppermann, Andre & Filler, Gunther & Grethe, Harald & Haeger, Astrid & Kirschke, Dieter & Odening, Martin, 2010. "Ertrags- Und Preisinstabilität Auf Agrarmärkten In Deutschland Und Der Eu," 50st Annual Conference, Braunschweig, Germany, September 29-October 1, 2010 93956, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Honaker, James & King, Gary & Blackwell, Matthew, 2011. "Amelia II: A Program for Missing Data," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 45(i07).
- Jochen Meyer & Stephan Cramon-Taubadel, 2004.
"Asymmetric Price Transmission: A Survey,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(3), pages 581-611.
- Meyer, Jochen & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan, 2002. "Asymmetric Price Transmission: A Survey," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24822, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gloria González-Rivera & Steven M. Helfand, 2001. "The Extent, Pattern, and Degree of Market Integration: A Multivariate Approach for the Brazilian Rice Market," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 576-592.
- Fackler, Paul L. & Goodwin, Barry K., 2001. "Spatial price analysis," Handbook of Agricultural Economics,in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 17, pages 971-1024 Elsevier. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:daredp:1204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.