Another look at the determinants of current account imbalances in the European Union: An empirical assessment
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Agnieszka Gehringer, 2013. "Another look at the determinants of current account imbalances in the European Union: An empirical assessment," FIW Working Paper series 105, FIW.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ansgar Belke & Christian Dreger, 2011.
"Current Account Imbalances in the Euro Area: Catching up or Competitiveness?,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1106, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Belke, Ansgar & Dreger, Christian, 2011. "Current account imbalances in the euro area: Catching up or competitiveness?," Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis 48711, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Belke, Ansgar & Dreger, Christian, 2011. "Current Account Imbalances in the Euro Area: Catching up or Competitiveness?," Ruhr Economic Papers 241, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Belke, Ansgar & Dreger, Christian, 2011. "Current account imbalances in the euro area: Catching up or competitiveness?," Discussion Papers 297, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- König, Jörg & Ohr, Renate, 2012. "Homogeneous groups within a heterogeneous community: Evidence from an index measuring European economic integration," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 138, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Magnus Henrekson & Dan Johansson, 2010.
"Gazelles as job creators: a survey and interpretation of the evidence,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 227-244, September.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Johansson, Dan, 2008. "Gazelles as Job Creators – A Survey and Interpretation of the Evidence," Working Paper Series 733, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Johansson, Dan, 2008. "Gazelles as Job Creators – A Survey and Interpretation of the Evidence," Ratio Working Papers 117, The Ratio Institute.
- Hans-Werner Sinn & Timo Wollmershäuser, 2012.
"Target loans, current account balances and capital flows: the ECB’s rescue facility,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 19(4), pages 468-508, August.
- Hans-Werner Sinn & Timo Wollmershaeuser, 2011. "Target Loans, Current Account Balances and Capital Flows: The ECB's Rescue Facility," NBER Working Papers 17626, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner & Wollmershäuser, Timo, 2012. "Target loans, current account balances and capital flows: The ECB’s rescue facility," Munich Reprints in Economics 19556, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 2012. "Die Target-Kredite der Deutschen Bundesbank," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 65, pages 03-34, March.
- repec:spr:sptbec:978-3-662-49862-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rudolfs Bems, 2008.
"Aggregate Investment Expenditures on Tradable and Nontradable Goods,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 11(4), pages 852-883, October.
- Rudolfs Bems, 2008. "Aggregate Investment Expenditures on Tradable and Nontradable Goods," IMF Working Papers 08/45, International Monetary Fund.
- Kim, Soyoung & Roubini, Nouriel, 2008.
"Twin deficit or twin divergence? Fiscal policy, current account, and real exchange rate in the U.S,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 362-383, March.
- Soyoung Kim & Nouriel Roubini, 2004. "Twin Deficit or Twin Divergence? Fiscal Policy, Current Account, and Real Exchange Rate in the US," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 271, Econometric Society.
- Jesmin Rahman, 2008. "Current Account Developments in New Member States of the European Union; Equilibrium, Excess, and EU-Phoria," IMF Working Papers 08/92, International Monetary Fund.
- Javier Suarez, 2010.
"The Spanish Crisis: Background and Policy Challenges,"
- Suarez, Javier, 2010. "The Spanish Crisis: Background and Policy Challenges," CEPR Discussion Papers 7909, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giancarlo Gandolfo, 2016.
"International Finance and Open-Economy Macroeconomics,"
Springer Texts in Business and Economics,
edition 2, number 978-3-662-49862-0, April.
- Gandolfo, Giancarlo & Goldberg, Michael D., 2005. "International Finance And Open-Economy Macroeconomics," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 263-266, April.
- Hamid Faruqee & Guy Debelle, 1996. "What Determines the Current Account? a Cross-Sectional and Panel Approach," IMF Working Papers 96/58, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lukmanova, Elizaveta & Tondl, Gabriele, 2016. "Macroeconomic Imbalances and Business Cycle Synchronization. Why Common Economic Governance is Imperative for the Eurozone," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 5087, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Lukmanova, Elizaveta & Tondl, Gabriele, 2017. "Macroeconomic imbalances and business cycle synchronization. Why common economic governance is imperative for the Eurozone," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 130-144.
- repec:zag:zirebs:v:20:y:2017:i:2:p:33-48 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elizaveta Lukmanova & Gabriele Tondl, 2016. "Macroeconomic Imbalances and Business Cycle Synchronization. Why Common Economic Governance is Imperative for the Eurozone," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp229, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordscurrent account determinants; construction sector; European Union;
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-27 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:cegedp:142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdgoede.html .