The debt tax shield, economic growth and inequality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Heider, Florian & Ljungqvist, Alexander, 2015.
"As certain as debt and taxes: Estimating the tax sensitivity of leverage from state tax changes,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(3), pages 684-712.
- Florian Heider & Alexander Ljungqvist, 2013. "As Certain as Debt and Taxes: Estimating the Tax Sensitivity of Leverage from State Tax Changes," NBER Chapters, in: New Perspectives on Corporate Capital Structure, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Christina D. Romer & David H. Romer, 2014. "Transfer Payments and the Macroeconomy: The Effects of Social Security Benefit Changes, 1952-1991," NBER Working Papers 20087, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Demirci, Irem & Huang, Jennifer & Sialm, Clemens, 2019.
"Government debt and corporate leverage: International evidence,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 337-356.
- Irem Demirci & Jennifer Huang & Clemens Sialm, 2017. "Government Debt and Corporate Leverage: International Evidence," NBER Working Papers 23310, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Blanchard & Roberto Perotti, 2002.
"An Empirical Characterization of the Dynamic Effects of Changes in Government Spending and Taxes on Output,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(4), pages 1329-1368.
- Olivier Blanchard & Roberto Perotti, 1999. "An Empirical Characterization of the Dynamic Effects of Changes in Government Spending and Taxes on Output," NBER Working Papers 7269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ian A. Cooper & Kjell G. Nyborg, 2008.
"Tax‐Adjusted Discount Rates with Investor Taxes and Risky Debt,"
Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 37(2), pages 365-379, June.
- Cooper, Ian A. & Nyborg, Kjell G., 2005. "Tax-adjusted discount rates with investor taxes and risky debt," Discussion Papers 2005/15, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science, revised 20 Sep 2007.
- Cooper, Ian & Nyborg, Kjell G, 2008. "Tax-Adjusted Discount Rates with Investor Taxes and Risky Debt," CEPR Discussion Papers 6646, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zhiguo He & Gregor Matvos, 2016.
"Debt and Creative Destruction: Why Could Subsidizing Corporate Debt Be Optimal?,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(2), pages 303-325, February.
- Zhiguo He & Gregor Matvos, 2012. "Debt and Creative Destruction: Why Could Subsidizing Corporate Debt be Optimal?," NBER Working Papers 17920, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schepens, Glenn, 2016. "Taxes and bank capital structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(3), pages 585-600.
- Graham, John R., 1999. "Do personal taxes affect corporate financing decisions?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 147-185, August.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1986. "Optimal Taxation of Capital Income in General Equilibrium with Infinite Lives," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 607-622, May.
More about this item
Keywordsdebt tax shield; macroeconomic growth; redistributive tax system;
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- E23 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Production
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
- H32 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Firm
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CFN-2018-01-01 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2018-01-01 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2018-01-01 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:arqudp:219. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://www.arqus.info/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.