Competition for status acquisition in public good games
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Félix Muñoz-García, 2011. "Competition for status acquisition in public good games," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 63(3), pages 549-567, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Potters, Jan & Sefton, Martin & Vesterlund, Lise, 2005.
"After you--endogenous sequencing in voluntary contribution games,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(8), pages 1399-1419, August.
- Potters, J.J.M. & Sefton, M. & Vesterlund, L., 2003. "After You - Endogenous Sequencing in Voluntary Contribution Games," Discussion Paper 2003-98, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Potters, J.J.M. & Sefton, M. & Vesterlund, L., 2005. "After you - endogenous sequencing in voluntary contribution games," Other publications TiSEM db491f52-df7b-43dd-ab2b-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Ed Hopkins & Tatiana Kornienko, 2004.
"Running to Keep in the Same Place: Consumer Choice as a Game of Status,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(4), pages 1085-1107, September.
- Ed Hopkins & Tatiana Kornienko, 2002. "Running to Keep in the Same Place: Consumer Choice as a Game of Status," ESE Discussion Papers 92, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Ball, Sheryl & Eckel, Catherine C., 1998.
"The economic value of status,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 495-514.
- Ball, Sheryl & Eckel, Catherine C., 1998. "The Economic Value of Status," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 495-514.
- Sheryl Ball & Catherine Eckel & Philip J. Grossman & William Zame, 2001. "Status in Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(1), pages 161-188.
- John Morgan, 2000. "Financing Public Goods by Means of Lotteries," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(4), pages 761-784.
- Congleton, Roger D., 1989. "Efficient status seeking: Externalities, and the evolution of status games," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 175-190, March.
- John Duffy & Tatiana Kornienko, 2005. "Does Competition Affect Giving? An Experimental Study," Experimental 0508002, EconWPA.
- Varian, Hal R., 1994. "Sequential contributions to public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 165-186, February.
- repec:pit:wpaper:266 is not listed on IDEAS
- Romano, Richard & Yildirim, Huseyin, 2001. "Why charities announce donations: a positive perspective," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 423-447, September.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic goods games; Status acquisition; Competition.;
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2009-01-03 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2009-01-03 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2009-01-03 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsu:wpaper:munoz-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Danielle Engelhardt). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecwsuus.html .