Fiscal Discipline and Social Spending in IMF-supported Programs
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||30 Apr 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; pages: 22. Previous version published and the first Background Paper of the Independent Evaluation Office of the International Monetary Fund.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Przeworski, Adam & Vreeland, James Raymond, 2000. "The effect of IMF programs on economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 385-421, August.
- Dicks-Mireaux, Louis & Mecagni, Mauro & Schadler, Susan, 2000. "Evaluating the effect of IMF lending to low-income countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 495-526, April.
- Ritha S. Khemani & Sanjeev Gupta & Calvin A McDonald & Louis Dicks-Mireaux & Marijn Verhoeven, 2000. "Social Issues in IMF-Supported Programs," IMF Occasional Papers 191, International Monetary Fund.
- Gupta, Sanjeev, 2000. "Social issues in IMF: supported programs," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 34725, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Li, Qi, 2002. "On instrumental variable estimation of semiparametric dynamic panel data models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 1-9, June.
- International Monetary Fund, 1998. "Do IMF-Supported Programs Work? A Survey of the Cross-Country Empirical Evidence," IMF Working Papers 98/169, International Monetary Fund.
- Jinyong Hahn & Jerry Hausman, 1999.
"A New Specification Test for the Validity of Instrumental Variables,"
99-11, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jinyong Hahn & Jerry Hausman, 2002. "A New Specification Test for the Validity of Instrumental Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 163-189, January.
- Dollar, David & Svensson, Jakob, 1998.
"What explains the success or failure of structural adjustment programs?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1938, The World Bank.
- Dollar, David & Svensson, Jakob, 2000. "What Explains the Success or Failure of Structural Adjustment Programmes?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(466), pages 894-917, October.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2002.
"IMF Programs: Who is Chosen and What Are the Effects?,"
NBER Working Papers
8951, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong-Wha, 2005. "IMF programs: Who is chosen and what are the effects?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 1245-1269, October.
- Robert J Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2003. "IMF Programs: Who Is Chosen and What Are the Effects?," Departmental Working Papers 2003-09, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Conway, Patrick, 1994. "IMF lending programs: Participation and impact," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 365-391, December.
- Robert R. Kaufman & Alex Segura-Ubiergo, 2005. "Globalization, Domestic Politics and Social Spending in Latin," Public Economics 0504009, EconWPA.
- George A Mackenzie & Philip R. Gerson & David William Harold Orsmond, 1997. "The Composition of Fiscal Adjustment and Growth; Lessons from Fiscal Reforms in Eight Economies," IMF Occasional Papers 149, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwppe:0504012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.