Trade Liberalization and Employment in the Moroccan Manufacturing Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas F. Rutherford & E. Elisabet Rutstrom & David Tarr, 2014.
"Morocco's free trade agreement with the EU: A quantitative assessment,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: APPLIED TRADE POLICY MODELING IN 16 COUNTRIES Insights and Impacts from World Bank CGE Based Projects, chapter 17, pages 405-437
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Rutherford, Thomas F. & Rutstrom, E. Elisabet & Tarr, David, 1997. "Morocco's free trade agreement with the EU: A quantitative assessment," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 237-269, April.
- Harabi, Najib, 2003.
"Déterminants de la croissance des entreprises: Une analyse empirique du Maroc
[Determinants of Firm Growth: An Empirical Analysis from Morocco]," MPRA Paper 4440, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Greenaway, David & Hine, Robert C. & Wright, Peter, 1999. "An empirical assessment of the impact of trade on employment in the United Kingdom," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 485-500, September.
- Krishna B. Kumar & Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, "undated".
"What Determines Firm Size?,"
CRSP working papers
496, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Kumar, Krishna B & Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1999. "What Determines Firm Size?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2211, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krishna B. Kumar & Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1999. "What Determines Firm Size?," NBER Working Papers 7208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sekkat Khalid, 2007. "Sources of Growth in Morocco: An Emperical Analysis in a Regional Perspective," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-17, June.
- Rauch, James E., 1991. "Modelling the informal sector formally," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 33-47, January.
- André Sapir & Mathias Dewatripont & Khalid Sekkat, 1999. "Trade and jobs in Europe: much ado about nothing?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8076, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Khalid Sekkat, 2004. "The sources of growth in Morocco: an empirical analysis in a regional perspective," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7356, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Currie, Janet & Harrison, Ann E, 1997. "Sharing the Costs: The Impact of Trade Reform on Capital and Labor in Morocco," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(3), pages 44-71, July.
- Dewatripont, Mathias & Sapir, Andre & Sekkat, Khalid (ed.), 1999. "Trade and Jobs in Europe: Much Ado About Nothing?," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198293606.
- Revenga, Ana, 1997. "Employment and Wage Effects of Trade Liberalization: The Case of Mexican Manufacturing," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(3), pages 20-43, July.
- Gauthier, Bernard & Gersovitz, Mark, 1997. "Revenue erosion through exemption and evasion in Cameroon, 1993," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 407-424, June.
- Milner, Chris & Wright, Peter, 1998. "Modelling Labour Market Adjustment to Trade Liberalisation in an Industrialising Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 509-528, March.
- Sanjaya Lall, "undated". "The Employment Impact Of Globalisation In Developing Countries," QEH Working Papers qehwps93, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aynaoui, Karim El, 2003. "Labor market policies and unemployment in Morocco : a quantitative analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3091, The World Bank.
- Harrison, Ann & Hanson, Gordon, 1999.
"Who gains from trade reform? Some remaining puzzles,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 125-154, June.
- Ann Harrison & Gordon Hanson, 1999. "Who Gains from Trade Reform? Some Remaining Puzzles," NBER Working Papers 6915, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ana L. Revenga, 1992. "Exporting Jobs?The Impact of Import Competition on Employment and Wages in U. S. Manufacturing," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(1), pages 255-284.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mouna Cherkaoui & Ayache Khellaf & Abdelaziz Nihou, 2011. "The Price Effect of Tariff Liberalization in Morocco: Measuring the Impact on Household Welfare," Working Papers 637, Economic Research Forum, revised 10 Jan 2011.
- Gupta, Avnesh Kumar, 2014. "Trade Liberalisation and Its Impact on Employment: An Analysis of Indian Experiences (With Special References of Indian Manufacturing Industries)," MPRA Paper 80030, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Mar 2014.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade liberalization; Employment; Firm-level analysis;
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpit:0512011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.