Entry and Exit With Information Externalities
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, May.
- Somma, Ernesto, 1999.
"The effect of incomplete information about future technological opportunities on pre-emption,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 765-799, August.
- Ernesto Somma, "undated". "The Effect of Incomplete Information about Future Technological Opportunities on Pre-Emption," Discussion Papers 95/41, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Alexander-Cook, Kim & Bernhardt, Dan & Roberts, Joanne, 1998.
"Riding free on the signals of others,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 25-43, January.
- Kim Alexander-Cook & Dan Bernhardt & Joanne Roberts, 1995. "Riding Free on the Signals of Others," Working Papers 927, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Alexander-Cook, Kim & Bernhardt, Dan & Roberts, Joanne, 1995. "Riding Free on the Signals of Others," Queen's Economics Department Working Papers 273340, Queen's University - Department of Economics.
- Caplin, Andrew & Leahy, John, 1998.
"Miracle on Sixth Avenue: Information Externalities and Search,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 60-74, January.
- Caplin, A. & Leahy, J., 1993. "Miracle on Sixth Avenue: Information Externalities and Search," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1665, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Otto Toivanen & Michael Waterson, 2005.
"Market Structure and Entry: Where's the Beef?,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(3), pages 680-699, Autumn.
- Toivanen, Otto & Waterson, Michael, 2001. "Market Structure And Entry: Where’S The Beef?," Economic Research Papers 269363, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Toivanen, O. & Waterson, M., 2001. "Market Structure and Entry: Where's the Beef?," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 593, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- McGahan, A. M., 1993. "The effect of incomplete information about demand on preemption," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 327-346, September.
- Chamley, Christophe & Gale, Douglas, 1994.
"Information Revelation and Strategic Delay in a Model of Investment,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(5), pages 1065-1085, September.
- Gale, D. & Chamley, C., 1992. "Information Revelation and Strategic Delay in a Model of Investment," Papers 10, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Ashoka Mody & Krishna Srinivasan, 1998. "Japanese and United States Firms as Foreign Investors: Do they march to the same tune?," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(4), pages 778-799, November.
- Gul, Faruk & Lundholm, Russell, 1995. "Endogenous Timing and the Clustering of Agents' Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 1039-1066, October.
- Giovanni Maggi, 1996. "Endogenous Leadership in a New Market," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(4), pages 641-659, Winter.
- Rafael Rob, 1991. "Learning and Capacity Expansion under Demand Uncertainty," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(4), pages 655-675.
- Wheeler, David & Mody, Ashoka, 1992. "International investment location decisions : The case of U.S. firms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 57-76, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- GEORGANTZIS, Nikolaos & moner-colonques, Rafael & ORTS, Vicente & SEMPERE-MONERRIS, José J., 2012. "Theoretical and experimental insights on firms’ internationalization decisions under uncertainty," CORE Discussion Papers 2012041, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Juan Alcácer & Cristian Dezső & Minyuan Zhao, 2015. "Location choices under strategic interactions," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(2), pages 197-215, February.
More about this item
KeywordsEntry; Information Externalities; Wait and See; First Entrant; Strategic Behavior;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2005-10-29 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENT-2005-10-29 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-IND-2005-10-29 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2005-10-29 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-TID-2005-10-29 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpio:0510006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .