Entry and Exit With Information Externalities
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Somma, Ernesto, 1999.
"The effect of incomplete information about future technological opportunities on pre-emption,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 765-799, August.
- Ernesto Somma, "undated". "The Effect of Incomplete Information about Future Technological Opportunities on Pre-Emption," Discussion Papers 95/41, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Otto Toivanen & Michael Waterson, 2005.
"Market Structure and Entry: Where's the Beef?,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(3), pages 680-699, Autumn.
- Toivanen, O. & Waterson, M., 2001. "Market Structure and Entry: Where's the Beef?," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 593, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Alexander-Cook, Kim & Bernhardt, Dan & Roberts, Joanne, 1998. "Riding free on the signals of others," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 25-43, January.
- Ashoka Mody & Krishna Srinivasan, 1998. "Japanese and United States Firms as Foreign Investors: Do they march to the same tune?," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(4), pages 778-799, November.
- Caplin, Andrew & Leahy, John, 1998.
"Miracle on Sixth Avenue: Information Externalities and Search,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 60-74, January.
- Caplin, A. & Leahy, J., 1993. "Miracle on Sixth Avenue: Information Externalities and Search," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1665, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, November.
- McGahan, A. M., 1993. "The effect of incomplete information about demand on preemption," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 327-346, September.
- Chamley, Christophe & Gale, Douglas, 1994.
"Information Revelation and Strategic Delay in a Model of Investment,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(5), pages 1065-1085, September.
- Gale, D. & Chamley, C., 1992. "Information Revelation and Strategic Delay in a Model of Investment," Papers 10, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Gul, Faruk & Lundholm, Russell, 1995. "Endogenous Timing and the Clustering of Agents' Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 1039-1066, October.
- Giovanni Maggi, 1996. "Endogenous Leadership in a New Market," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(4), pages 641-659, Winter.
- Rafael Rob, 1991. "Learning and Capacity Expansion under Demand Uncertainty," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(4), pages 655-675.
- Wheeler, David & Mody, Ashoka, 1992. "International investment location decisions : The case of U.S. firms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 57-76, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Alcácer & Cristian Dezső & Minyuan Zhao, 2015. "Location choices under strategic interactions," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(2), pages 197-215, February.
- GEORGANTZIS, Nikolaos & moner-colonques, Rafael & ORTS, Vicente & SEMPERE-MONERRIS, José J., 2012. "Theoretical and experimental insights on firms’ internationalization decisions under uncertainty," CORE Discussion Papers 2012041, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
More about this item
KeywordsEntry; Information Externalities; Wait and See; First Entrant; Strategic Behavior;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2005-10-29 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENT-2005-10-29 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-IND-2005-10-29 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2005-10-29 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-TID-2005-10-29 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpio:0510006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.