Measuring Risk: Political Risk Insurance Premiums and Domestic Political Institutions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James R. Markusen, 1995. "The Boundaries of Multinational Enterprises and the Theory of International Trade," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 169-189, Spring.
- Graciela Kaminsky & Saul Lizondo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1998.
"Leading Indicators of Currency Crises,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(1), pages 1-48, March.
- Graciela Laura Kaminsky, 1997. "Leading Indicators of Currency Crises," IMF Working Papers 97/79, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela & Lizondo, Saul, 1998. "Leading Indicators of Currency Crises," MPRA Paper 6981, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kaminsky, Graciela & Lizondo, Saul & Reinhart, Carmen M., 1997. "Leading indicators of currency crises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1852, The World Bank.
- Kumar, Mohan & Moorthy, Uma & Perraudin, William, 2003. "Predicting emerging market currency crashes," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 427-454, September.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Rose, Andrew K., 1996.
"Currency crashes in emerging markets: An empirical treatment,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 351-366, November.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996. "Currency crashes in emerging markets: an empirical treatment," International Finance Discussion Papers 534, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Theodore Moran & Gerald T. West, 2005. "International Political Risk Management : Looking to the Future," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7430.
- Jodice, David A., 1980. "Sources of change in Third World regimes for foreign direct investment, 1968–1976," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(02), pages 177-206, March.
- Nathan Jensen, 2002. "Economic reform, state capture, and international investment in transition economies," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(7), pages 973-977.
- Theodore H. Moran, 2004. "International Political Risk Management : The Brave New World," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15039.
- Stephen J Kobrin, 1979. "Political Risk: A Review and Reconsideration," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 10(1), pages 67-80, March.
- Witold J. Henisz, 2002. "The institutional environment for infrastructure investment," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 355-389.
- Wheeler, David & Mody, Ashoka, 1992. "International investment location decisions : The case of U.S. firms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 57-76, August.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 2000.
"How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1997. "How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?," NBER Working Papers 6030, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1997. "How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 63, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- McGILLIVRAY, FIONA, 2003. "Redistributive Politics and Stock Price Dispersion," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(03), pages 367-395, July.
- Oecd, 2004. ""Indirect Expropriation" and the "Right to Regulate" in International Investment Law," OECD Working Papers on International Investment 2004/4, OECD Publishing.
- Gerald T. West & Ethel I. Tarazona, 2001. "Investment Insurance and Development Impact : Evaluating MIGA's Experience," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13844.
- John R. Freeman & Jude C. Hays & Helmut Stix, 1999. "Democracy and Markets: The Case of Exchange Rates," Working Papers 39, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Oxley, Joanne E, 1997. "Appropriability Hazards and Governance in Strategic Alliances: A Transaction Cost Approach," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 387-409, October.
- Witold J. Henisz & Bennet A. Zelner, 2001. "The Institutional Environment for Telecommunications Investment," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 123-147, March.
- Li, Quan & Resnick, Adam, 2003. "Reversal of Fortunes: Democratic Institutions and Foreign Direct Investment Inflows to Developing Countries," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 57(01), pages 175-211, December.
- W. J. Henisz, 2000. "The Institutional Environment for Economic Growth," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Caves, Richard E, 1971. "International Corporations: The Industrial Economics of Foreign Investment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(149), pages 1-27, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Población, Javier & Correia, Ricardo & Restrepo, Diana, 2012. "Political risk and corporate investment decisions," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB 13114, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Violeta Iftinchi & Gheorghe Hurduzeu, 2016. "The place of Political Risk Insurance in the political risk management strategy of multinational corporations," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 19(60), pages 201-212, June.
- Marina Azzimonti-Renzo & Pierre-Daniel G. Sarte, 2007. "Barriers to foreign direct investment under political instability," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sum, pages 287-315.
- repec:pal:gpprii:v:43:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1057_s41288-018-0085-4 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFDI; political risk; expropriation; insurance;
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-2005-12-14 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-IAS-2005-12-14 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-POL-2005-12-14 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpif:0512002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.