The Last Word on Giffen Goods?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Dougan, William R, 1982. "Giffen Goods and the Law of Demand," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(4), pages 809-815, August.
- Xavier Vives, 1987. "Small Income Effects: A Marshallian Theory of Consumer Surplus and Downward Sloping Demand," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(1), pages 87-103.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Di Vita, Giuseppe, 2001. "Are the outputs derived from secondary materials giffen goods?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 255-260, December.
- Felix Kubler & Larry Selden & Xiao Wei, 2014. "When Is a Risky Asset "Urgently Needed"?," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 131-162, May.
- Daniel Friedman & József Sákovics, 2015.
"Tractable consumer choice,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 79(2), pages 333-358, September.
- Daniel Friedman & Jozsef Sakovics, 2013. "Tractable Consumer Choice," ESE Discussion Papers 240, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Sakovics, Jozsef & Friedman, Daniel, 2013. "Tractable Consumer Choice," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-108, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- repec:wsi:wsbook:6875 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter Sørensen, 2007. "Simple Utility Functions with Giffen Demand," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 31(2), pages 367-370, May.
- Junko Doi & Kazumichi Iwasa & Koji Shimomura, 2009. "Giffen behavior independent of the wealth level," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 41(2), pages 247-267, November.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:168:y:2018:i:c:p:127-131 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhu, Drew, 2016. "The Mechanism of Giffen Behaviour," MPRA Paper 75707, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsGiffen goods; demand theory; general equilibrium theory;
- A22 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Undergraduate
- A23 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Graduate
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Gifenovo dobro in Wikipedia Serbian ne '')
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpge:9602001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.