Expected Consumer's Surplus as an Approximate Welfare Measure
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Edward Schlee, 2008. "Expected consumer’s surplus as an approximate welfare measure," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 34(1), pages 127-155, January.
- Edward Schlee, "undated". "Expected Consumer's Surplus as an Approximate Welfare Measure," Working Papers 2133375, Department of Economics, W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University.
- Edward E Schlee, 2004. "Expected Consumer's Surplus as an Approximate Welfare Measure," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 97, Econometric Society.
References listed on IDEAS
- Deneckere, Raymond & Marvel, Howard P & Peck, James, 1997.
"Demand Uncertainty and Price Maintenance: Markdowns as Destructive Competition,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(4), pages 619-641, September.
- Deneckere, R. & Marvel, H.P. & Peck, J., 1995. "Demand Uncertainty and Price Maintenace : Markdowns as Destructive Competition," Working papers 9507, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Howard P. Marvel & Raymond Deneckere & James Peck, 1995. "Demand Uncertainty and Price Maintainance: Markdowns as Destructive Competition," Working Papers 018, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Paul Milgrom & Ilya Segal, 2002. "Envelope Theorems for Arbitrary Choice Sets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(2), pages 583-601, March.
- Rey, Patrick & Tirole, Jean, 1986. "The Logic of Vertical Restraints," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 921-939, December.
- Raith, Michael, 1996. "A General Model of Information Sharing in Oligopoly," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 260-288, October.
- William Novshek & Hugo Sonnenschein, 1982. "Fulfilled Expectations Cournot Duopoly with Information Acquisition and Release," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(1), pages 214-218, Spring.
- Raymond Deneckere & Howard P. Marvel & James Peck, 1996.
"Demand Uncertainty, Inventories, and Resale Price Maintenance,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 111(3), pages 885-913.
- Howard P. Marvel & Raymond Deneckere & James Peck, 1995. "Demand Uncertainty, Inventories, and Resale Price Maintainance," Working Papers 019, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Rogerson, William P, 1980. "Aggregate Expected Consumer Surplus as a Welfare Index with an Application to Price Stabilization," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(2), pages 423-436, March.
- Blundell, Richard & Pashardes, Panos & Weber, Guglielmo, 1993. "What Do We Learn About Consumer Demand Patterns from Micro Data?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 570-597, June.
- Xavier Vives, 1987. "Small Income Effects: A Marshallian Theory of Consumer Surplus and Downward Sloping Demand," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(1), pages 87-103.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1981. "Exact Consumer's Surplus and Deadweight Loss," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 662-676, September.
- Chade, Hector & Schlee, Edward, 2002. "Another Look at the Radner-Stiglitz Nonconcavity in the Value of Information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 421-452, December.
- Graham, Daniel A, 1981. "Cost-Benefit Analysis under Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 715-725, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anthony Creane & Thomas D. Jeitschko, 2016.
"Endogenous Entry in Markets with Unobserved Quality,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 494-519, September.
- Anthony Creane & Thomas D. Jeitschko, 2012. "Endogenous Entry in Markets with Unobserved Quality," EAG Discussions Papers 201206, Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
- Hayashi, Takashi, 2014. "Consumer surplus analysis under uncertainty: A general equilibrium perspective," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 154-164.
- Dimitrova, Magdalena & Schlee, Edward E., 2003. "Monopoly, competition and information acquisition," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1623-1642, December.
- Anthony Creane & Kaz Miyagiwa, 2010.
"Exporting Versus Foreign Direct Investment: Learning through Propinquity,"
1010, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- CREANE, Anthony & MIYAGIWA, Kaz, 2015. "Exporting versus foreign direct investment: Learning through propinquity," Discussion paper series 2015-01, Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Hitotsubashi University.
- repec:agr:journl:v:2(602):y:2015:i:2(602):p:303-310 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juliet Elu & Gregory Price, 2015. "Consumer’s Surplus with a Racial Apology? Black Relative to Non-Black Inequality in the Welfare Gains of Fuel-Efficient Cars and Trucks," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 135-154, June.
- Ioan Lucian ALEXA, 2015. "The effects of competition regulations on mobile telecommunication markets," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(2(603), S), pages 303-310, Summer.
More about this item
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:asu:wpaper:2144340. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Steve Salik). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deasuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.