The last word on Giffen goods?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Xavier Vives, 1987. "Small Income Effects: A Marshallian Theory of Consumer Surplus and Downward Sloping Demand," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(1), pages 87-103.
- Dougan, William R, 1982. "Giffen Goods and the Law of Demand," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(4), pages 809-815, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Di Vita, Giuseppe, 2001. "Are the outputs derived from secondary materials giffen goods?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 255-260, December.
- Daniel Friedman & József Sákovics, 2015.
"Tractable consumer choice,"
Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 79(2), pages 333-358, September.
- Daniel Friedman & Jozsef Sakovics, 2013. "Tractable Consumer Choice," ESE Discussion Papers 240, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Sakovics, Jozsef & Friedman, Daniel, 2013. "Tractable Consumer Choice," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-108, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Le Van, Cuong & Pham, Ngoc-Sang, 2020.
"Demand and equilibrium with inferior and Giffen behaviors,"
Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 45-50.
- Le Van, Cuong & Pham, Ngoc-Sang, 2019. "Demand and equilibrium with inferior and Giffen behaviors," MPRA Paper 92709, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Franks, Edwin & Bryant, William D.A., 2018. "The Uncompensated Law of Demand in an exchange economy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 127-131.
- Zhu, Drew, 2016. "The Mechanism of Giffen Behaviour," MPRA Paper 75707, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sproule, Robert A., 2020.
"The delimitation of Giffenity for the Wold-Juréen (1953) utility function using relative prices: A note,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 14, pages 1-8.
- Sproule, Robert, 2019. "The Delimitation of Giffenity for The Wold-Juréen (1953) Utility Function Using Relative Prices: A Note," MPRA Paper 96768, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sproule, Robert A., 2020. "The delimitation of Giffenity for the Wold-Juréen (1953) utility function using relative prices: A note," Economics Discussion Papers 2020-4, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Felix Kubler & Larry Selden & Xiao Wei, 2014. "When Is a Risky Asset "Urgently Needed"?," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 131-162, May.
- W D A Bryant, 2009. "General Equilibrium:Theory and Evidence," World Scientific Books, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., number 6875, August.
- Peter Sørensen, 2007. "Simple Utility Functions with Giffen Demand," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 31(2), pages 367-370, May.
- Junko Doi & Kazumichi Iwasa & Koji Shimomura, 2009. "Giffen behavior independent of the wealth level," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 41(2), pages 247-267, November.
- Paul Oslington, 2012. "General Equilibrium: Theory and Evidence," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(282), pages 446-448, September.
More about this item
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:11:y:1998:i:2:p:403-412. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.