Simple Utility Functions with Giffen Demand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- John H. Nachbar, 1998. "The last word on Giffen goods?," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), pages 403-412.
- Moffatt, Peter G., 2002. "Is Giffen behaviour compatible with the axioms of consumer theory?," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 259-267, July.
- Christian E. Weber, 1997. "The Case of a Giffen Good: Comment," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 36-44.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Biederman, Daniel K., 2015. "A strictly-concave, non-spliced, Giffen-compatible utility function," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 24-28.
- Landi, Massimiliano, 2015. "A class of symmetric and quadratic utility functions generating Giffen demand," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 50-54.
- Junko Doi & Kazumichi Iwasa & Koji Shimomura, 2009.
"Giffen behavior independent of the wealth level,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), pages 247-267.
- James E. Foster & Tapan Mitra, 2001. "Ranking Investment Projects," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0107, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Foster, James E. & Mitra, Tapan, 2001. "Ranking Investment Projects," Working Papers 01-06, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Yochanan Shachmurove & Janusz Szyrmer, 2011. "Sir Robert Giffen Meets Russia in Early 1990s," PIER Working Paper Archive 11-020, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
More about this item
KeywordsPreferences; Giffen good; D11;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:31:y:2007:i:2:p:367-370. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .