The Case of a Giffen Good: Comment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dougan, William R, 1982. "Giffen Goods and the Law of Demand," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(4), pages 809-815, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Massimiliano Landi, 2014. "A Class of Symmetric and Quadratic Utility Functions Generating Giffen Demand," Working Papers 21-2014, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Landi, Massimiliano, 2015. "A class of symmetric and quadratic utility functions generating Giffen demand," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 50-54.
- Sproule, Robert A., 2020.
"The delimitation of Giffenity for the Wold-Juréen (1953) utility function using relative prices: A note,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 14, pages 1-8.
- Sproule, Robert, 2019. "The Delimitation of Giffenity for The Wold-Juréen (1953) Utility Function Using Relative Prices: A Note," MPRA Paper 96768, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sproule, Robert A., 2020. "The delimitation of Giffenity for the Wold-Juréen (1953) utility function using relative prices: A note," Economics Discussion Papers 2020-4, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Peter Moffatt & Keith Moffatt, 2011. "Mirror utility functions and reflexion properties of various classes of goods," University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series 031, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Peter Sørensen, 2007. "Simple Utility Functions with Giffen Demand," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 31(2), pages 367-370, May.
- Junko Doi & Kazumichi Iwasa & Koji Shimomura, 2009. "Giffen behavior independent of the wealth level," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 41(2), pages 247-267, November.
- Heuson Clemens, 2011. "Purchasing-power-dependent Preferences as a New Explanation of Giffen Behaviour: A Note," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 231(4), pages 516-521, August.
- Peter Moffatt, 2010. "A Class of Indirect Utility Functions Predicting Giffen Behaviour," University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series 013, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Moffatt, Peter G., 2002. "Is Giffen behaviour compatible with the axioms of consumer theory?," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 259-267, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jeduce:v:28:y:1997:i:1:p:36-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/VECE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.