Is Giffen behaviour compatible with the axioms of consumer theory?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vandermeulen, Daniel C, 1972. "Upward Sloping Demand Curves Without the Giffen Paradox," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(3), pages 453-458, June.
- Gilley, Otis W & Karels, Gordon V, 1994. "More on the Search for Giffen Goods," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(1), pages 175-177, January.
- Johnston, Richard S & Larson, Douglas M, 1994. "Focusing the Search for Giffen Behavior," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(1), pages 168-174, January.
- Christian E. Weber, 1997. "The Case of a Giffen Good: Comment," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(1), pages 36-44, March.
- Butler, David J & Moffatt, Peter G, 2000. "The Demand for Goods under Mixture Aversion," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 68(3), pages 349-359, June.
- Weber, Christian E, 2001. "A Production Function with an Inferior Input: Comment," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 69(6), pages 616-622, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Massimiliano Landi, 2014. "A Class of Symmetric and Quadratic Utility Functions Generating Giffen Demand," Working Papers 21-2014, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Landi, Massimiliano, 2015. "A class of symmetric and quadratic utility functions generating Giffen demand," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 50-54.
- Yochanan Shachmurove & Janusz Szyrmer, 2011. "Sir Robert Giffen Meets Russia in Early 1990s," PIER Working Paper Archive 11-020, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Kazuyuki Sasakura, 2016. "Slutsky Revisited: A New Decomposition of the Price Effect," Italian Economic Journal: A Continuation of Rivista Italiana degli Economisti and Giornale degli Economisti, Springer;Società Italiana degli Economisti (Italian Economic Association), vol. 2(2), pages 253-280, July.
- Kris De Jaegher, 2009.
"Asymmetric Substitutability: Theory And Some Applications,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 47(4), pages 838-855, October.
- K. de Jaegher, 2008. "Asymmetric substitutability: theory and some applications," Working Papers 08-02, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Sproule, Robert A., 2020.
"The delimitation of Giffenity for the Wold-Juréen (1953) utility function using relative prices: A note,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 14, pages 1-8.
- Sproule, Robert, 2019. "The Delimitation of Giffenity for The Wold-Juréen (1953) Utility Function Using Relative Prices: A Note," MPRA Paper 96768, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sproule, Robert A., 2020. "The delimitation of Giffenity for the Wold-Juréen (1953) utility function using relative prices: A note," Economics Discussion Papers 2020-4, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Kris De Jaegher, 2008. "Benchmark Two‐Good Utility Functions," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 76(1), pages 44-65, January.
- Biederman, Daniel K., 2015. "A strictly-concave, non-spliced, Giffen-compatible utility function," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 24-28.
- P. G. Moffatt & H. K. Moffatt, 2014. "Giffen Goods and their Reflexion Property," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 82(2), pages 129-142, March.
- Franks, Edwin & Bryant, William D.A., 2018. "The Uncompensated Law of Demand in an exchange economy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 127-131.
- Peter Moffatt & Keith Moffatt, 2011. "Mirror utility functions and reflexion properties of various classes of goods," University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series 031, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Peter Sørensen, 2007. "Simple Utility Functions with Giffen Demand," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 31(2), pages 367-370, May.
- Junko Doi & Kazumichi Iwasa & Koji Shimomura, 2009. "Giffen behavior independent of the wealth level," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 41(2), pages 247-267, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:37:y:2002:i:4:p:259-267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.