From Financial Liberalization to Banking Failure: Starting on the Wrong Foot?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Klaus P. Fischer & Jean-Pierre Gueyie & Edgar Ortiz, 1997. "Financial Liberalization: Commercial Bank's Blessing or Curse?," Finance 9705003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Graciela L. Kaminsky, 1999.
"The Twin Crises: The Causes of Banking and Balance-of-Payments Problems,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 473-500, June.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996. "The twin crises: the causes of banking and balance-of-payments problems," International Finance Discussion Papers 544, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 2000.
"Las crisis gemelas: las causas de los problemas bancarios y de balanza de pagos
[The twin crises: Te causes of banking and balance of payments problems]," MPRA Paper 13842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 1999. "The twin crises: The causes of banking and balance of payments problems," MPRA Paper 14081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Park, Sangkyun, 1991. "Bank failure contagion in historical perspective," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 271-286, October.
- Coleen C. Pantalone & Marjorie B. Platt, 1987. "Predicting commercial bank failure since deregulation," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jul, pages 37-47.
- Martin, Daniel, 1977. "Early warning of bank failure : A logit regression approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 249-276, November.
- Sangkyun Park, 1991. "Bank failure contagion in historical perspective," Research Paper 9103, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Dwyer, Gerald P, Jr, 1994. "Bank Runs in the Free Banking Period," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(2), pages 271-288, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramzi FARHANI & Ghrissi MHAMDI & Abdelkader AGUIR & Mounir SMIDA, 2015.
"Effect of Financial Liberalization on the Probability of Occurrence of Banking Crises,"
Expert Journal of Economics,
Sprint Investify, vol. 3(1), pages 14-21.
- mhamdi, ghrissi, 2015. "Effect of Financial Liberalization on the Probability of Occurrence of Banking Crises," MPRA Paper 63476, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ramzi Farhani & Ghrissi Mhamdi & Abdelkader Aguir & Mounir Smida, 2015. "Effect of Financial Liberalization on the Probability of Occurrence of Banking Crises," Post-Print halshs-01138430, HAL.
- Kraft, Evan & Galac, Tomislav, 2007. "Deposit interest rates, asset risk and bank failure in Croatia," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 312-336, March.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial liberalization; Deregulation; Commercial banking; Systemic risk; Banking crises; Bank failure;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- N24 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1998-10-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-1998-10-08 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-IFN-1998-10-02 (International Finance)
- NEP-PKE-1998-10-05 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:9706005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.