Bank failure contagion in historical perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Massimo Sbracia & Andrea Zaghini, 2001. "Crises and contagion: the role of the banking system," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Marrying the macro- and micro-prudential dimensions of financial stability, volume 1, pages 241-260 Bank for International Settlements.
- De Bandt, Olivier & Hartmann, Philipp, 2000. "Systemic risk: A survey," Working Paper Series 0035, European Central Bank.
- Samartin, Margarita, 2003. "Should bank runs be prevented?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 977-1000, May.
- Schumacher, Liliana, 2000. "Bank runs and currency run in a system without a safety net: Argentina and the 'tequila' shock," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 257-277, August.
- Bougheas, Spiros, 1999. "Contagious bank runs," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 131-146, June.
- Steven Ongena, 1995. "Monetary policy and credit conditions: new evidence," Macroeconomics 9503001, EconWPA.
- Gorton, Gary & Winton, Andrew, 2003.
Handbook of the Economics of Finance,in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 431-552
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Winton, 2002. "Financial Intermediation," NBER Working Papers 8928, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Winton, 2002. "Financial Intermediation," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-28, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Honohan, Patrick, 1999. "A model of bank contagion through lending," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 147-163, June.
- Viral V. Acharya & Denis Gromb & Tanju Yorulmazer, 2012.
"Imperfect Competition in the Interbank Market for Liquidity as a Rationale for Central Banking,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 184-217, April.
- Acharya, Viral V & Gromb, Denis & Yorulmazer, Tanju, 2008. "Imperfect Competition in the Inter-Bank Market for Liquidity as a Rationale for Central Banking," CEPR Discussion Papers 6984, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ladley, Daniel, 2013.
"Contagion and risk-sharing on the inter-bank market,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 1384-1400.
- Dan Ladley, 2010. "An economic model of contagion in interbank lending markets," Discussion Papers in Economics 11/06, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, revised Dec 2010.
- Dan Ladley, 2010. "Contagion and risk-sharing on the inter-bank market," Discussion Papers in Economics 11/10, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, revised Jan 2013.
- Brailsford, T.J. & Lin, Shu Ling & Penm, Jack H.W., 2006. "Conditional risk, return and contagion in the banking sector in asia," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 322-339, September.
- László, Géza & Király, Júlia & Csontos, László, 1997.
"Az ezredvégi nagy borzongás
[The big thrill at the end of the millennium]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(7), pages 569-596.
- Devenow, Andrea & Welch, Ivo, 1996. "Rational herding in financial economics," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 603-615, April.
- Jorge Carrera & Luis N. Lanteri, 2007. "Macroeconomic Shocks and Financial Vulnerability," Ensayos Económicos, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, vol. 1(48), pages 13-71, July - Se.
- Dupont, Brandon, 2007. "Bank runs, information and contagion in the panic of 1893," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 411-431, July.
- Baniak Andrzej & Grajzl Peter, 2013.
"Equilibrium and Welfare in a Model of Torts with Industry Reputation Effects,"
Review of Law & Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 265-302, October.
- Andrzej Baniak & Peter Grajzl, 2012. "Equilibrium and Welfare in a Model of Torts with Industry Reputation Effects," CEU Working Papers 2012_4, Department of Economics, Central European University, revised 10 Apr 2012.
- Klaus P. Fischer & Houcem Smaoui, 1997. "From Financial Liberalization to Banking Failure: Starting on the Wrong Foot?," Finance 9706005, EconWPA.
- Nobuyoshi Yamori, 1999. "Stock Market Reaction to the Bank Liquidation in Japan: A Case for the Informational Effect Hypothesis," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 15(1), pages 57-68, February.
- Dongchul Cho & Kiseok Hong, 2001. "Currency Crisis of Korea: Internal Weakness or External Interdependence?," NBER Chapters,in: Regional and Global Capital Flows: Macroeconomic Causes and Consequences, NBER-EASE Volume 10, pages 337-373 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kornert, Jan, 2003. "The Barings crises of 1890 and 1995: causes, courses, consequences and the danger of domino effects," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 187-209, July.
- Robert Weigand & Donald Fraser & Babu Baradwaj, 1999. "FDICIA and bank failure contagion: Evidence from the two failures of first city bancorporation," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 23(1), pages 99-111, March.
- Manz, Michael, 2010. "Information-based contagion and the implications for financial fragility," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 54(7), pages 900-910, October.
- Acharya, Viral V & Yorulmazer, Tanju, 2003. "Information Contagion and Inter-Bank Correlation in a Theory of Systemic Risk," CEPR Discussion Papers 3743, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Manz, 2002. "Coordination Failure and Financial Contagion," Diskussionsschriften dp0203, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:moneco:v:28:y:1991:i:2:p:271-286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.