Credit Derivatives in an Affine Framework
We develop a general and efficient method for valuating credit derivatives based on multiple entities in an affine framework. This includes interdependence of market and credit risk, joint credit migration and counterparty default risk of multiple firms. As an application we provide closed form expressions for the joint distribution of default times, default correlations, and credit default spreads in the presence of counterparty default risk.
|Date of creation:||04 Jul 2003|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; prepared on IBM PC - PC; to print on HP/PostScript/Franciscan monk; pages: 21 ; figures: none. We never published this piece and now we would like to reduce our mailing and xerox cost by posting it.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Li Chen & Damir Filipovic, 2003. "A Simple Model for Credit Migration and Spread Curves," Finance 0305003, EconWPA.
- Kenneth J. Singleton & Len Umantsev, 2002. "Pricing Coupon-Bond Options And Swaptions In Affine Term Structure Models," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 427-446.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 2000.
"Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1343-1376, November.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 1999. "Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions," NBER Working Papers 7105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974. "On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2009. "Credit Risk Models," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 37-68, November.
- Robert A. Jarrow & Fan Yu, 2008. "Counterparty Risk and the Pricing of Defaultable Securities," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 20, pages 481-515 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2001. "Counterparty Risk and the Pricing of Defaultable Securities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(5), pages 1765-1799, October.