Pricing Credit Default Swaps Under Default Correlations and Counterparty Risk
In this paper, we develop a generalized affine model to characterize correlated credit risk of multi-firms. When valuing credit derivatives, this new approach allows to incorporate correlative market and credit risk, interdependent default risk structure and counterparty risk into consideration. We have demonstrated our affine model not only combines the existing structural models and intensity based models, but also produces explicit formulas for the prices of credit default swaps and other credit derivatives.
|Date of creation:||31 Mar 2003|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; prepared on IBM PC - PC-TEX/UNIX Sparc TeX; to print on HP/PostScript/Franciscan monk; pages: 22 ; figures: none. We never published this piece and now we would like to reduce our mailing and xerox cost by posting it.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert A. Jarrow & Fan Yu, 2008.
"Counterparty Risk and the Pricing of Defaultable Securities,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,
in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 20, pages 481-515
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2001. "Counterparty Risk and the Pricing of Defaultable Securities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(5), pages 1765-1799, October.
- Li Chen & Damir Filipovic, 2003. "Modeling Credit Risk by Affine Processes," Finance 0303006, EconWPA.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2009. "Credit Risk Models," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 37-68, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0303009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.