Pricing credit default swaps with bilateral value adjustments
A three-dimensional extension of the structural default model with firms' values driven by correlated diffusion processes is presented. Green's function based semi-analytical methods for solving the forward calibration problem and backward pricing problem are developed. These methods are used to analyze bilateral counterparty risk for credit default swaps and evaluate the corresponding credit and debt value adjustments. It is shown that in many realistic cases these value adjustments can be surprisingly large.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Helen Haworth & Christoph Reisinger & William Shaw, 2008. "Modelling bonds and credit default swaps using a structural model with contagion," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(7), pages 669-680.
- Damiano Brigo & Kyriakos Chourdakis, 2009. "Counterparty Risk For Credit Default Swaps: Impact Of Spread Volatility And Default Correlation," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(07), pages 1007-1026.
- Leland, Hayne E & Toft, Klaus Bjerre, 1996.
" Optimal Capital Structure, Endogenous Bankruptcy, and the Term Structure of Credit Spreads,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 51(3), pages 987-1019, July.
- Hayne E. Leland and Klaus Bjerre Toft., 1995. "Optimal Capital Structure, Endogenous Bankruptcy, and the Term Structure of Credit Spreads," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-259, University of California at Berkeley.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974. "On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Hua He & William P. Keirstead & Joachim Rebholz, 1998. "Double Lookbacks," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 201-228.
- Hua He William P. Keirstead and Joachim Rebholz., 1995. "Double Lookbacks," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-248, University of California at Berkeley.
- Bianca Hilberink & L.C.G. Rogers, 2002. "Optimal capital structure and endogenous default," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 237-263.
- Li Chen & Damir Filipovic, 2003. "Pricing Credit Default Swaps Under Default Correlations and Counterparty Risk," Finance 0303009, EconWPA. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1207.6049. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.