Pricing credit default swaps with bilateral value adjustments
A three-dimensional extension of the structural default model with firms' values driven by correlated diffusion processes is presented. Green's function based semi-analytical methods for solving the forward calibration problem and backward pricing problem are developed. These methods are used to analyze bilateral counterparty risk for credit default swaps and evaluate the corresponding credit and debt value adjustments. It is shown that in many realistic cases these value adjustments can be surprisingly large.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bianca Hilberink & L.C.G. Rogers, 2002. "Optimal capital structure and endogenous default," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 237-263.
- Helen Haworth & Christoph Reisinger & William Shaw, 2008. "Modelling bonds and credit default swaps using a structural model with contagion," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(7), pages 669-680.
- Li Chen & Damir Filipovic, 2003. "Pricing Credit Default Swaps Under Default Correlations and Counterparty Risk," Finance 0303009, EconWPA.
- Damiano Brigo & Kyriakos Chourdakis, 2009. "Counterparty Risk For Credit Default Swaps: Impact Of Spread Volatility And Default Correlation," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(07), pages 1007-1026.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973.
"On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates,"
684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974. "On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-70, May.
- Hua He & William P. Keirstead & Joachim Rebholz, 1998.
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 201-228.
- Leland, Hayne E & Toft, Klaus Bjerre, 1996.
" Optimal Capital Structure, Endogenous Bankruptcy, and the Term Structure of Credit Spreads,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 51(3), pages 987-1019, July.
- Hayne E. Leland and Klaus Bjerre Toft., 1995. "Optimal Capital Structure, Endogenous Bankruptcy, and the Term Structure of Credit Spreads," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-259, University of California at Berkeley.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1207.6049. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.