Regional payroll tax cuts and individual wages: Heterogeneous effects across education groups
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hildegunn Ekroll Stokke, 2015. "Regional payroll tax cuts and individual wages: Heterogeneous effects across education groups," Working Paper Series 16815, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
References listed on IDEAS
- Roback, Jennifer, 1982. "Wages, Rents, and the Quality of Life," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1257-1278, December.
- Anderson, Patricia M. & Meyer, Bruce D., 2000. "The effects of the unemployment insurance payroll tax on wages, employment, claims and denials," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(1-2), pages 81-106, October.
- Anderson, Patricia M. & Meyer, Bruce D., 1997. "The effects of firm specific taxes and government mandates with an application to the U.S. unemployment insurance program," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 119-145, August.
- Bennmarker, Helge & Mellander, Erik & Öckert, Björn, 2009.
"Do regional payroll tax reductions boost employment?,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 480-489, October.
- Bennmarker, Helge & Mellander, Erik & Öckert, Björn, 2008. "Do regional payroll tax reductions boost employment?," Working Paper Series 2008:19, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Emmanuel Saez & Manos Matsaganis & Panos Tsakloglou, 2012.
"Earnings Determination and Taxes: Evidence From a Cohort-Based Payroll Tax Reform in Greece,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 127(1), pages 493-533.
- Saez, Emmanuel & Matsaganis, Manos & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2010. "Earnings Determination and Taxes: Evidence from a Cohort Based Payroll Tax Reform in Greece," IZA Discussion Papers 4752, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Emmanuel Saez & Manos Matsaganis & Panos Tsakloglou, 2010. "Earnings Determination and Taxes: Evidence from a Cohort Based Payroll Tax Reform in Greece," NBER Working Papers 15745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Saez, Emmanuel & Matsaganis, Manos & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2010. "Earnings Determination and Taxes: Evidence from a Cohort-Based Payroll Tax Reform in Greece," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt5fr6354g, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Gruber, Jonathan, 1997.
"The Incidence of Payroll Taxation: Evidence from Chile,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(3), pages 72-101, July.
- Jonathan Gruber, 1995. "The Incidence of Payroll Taxation: Evidence from Chile," NBER Working Papers 5053, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bohm, Peter & Lind, Hans, 1993. "Policy evaluation quality : A quasi-experimental study of regional employment subsidies in Sweden," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 51-65, March.
- Dyrstad, Jan Morten & Johansen, Kare, 2000. " Regional Wage Responses to Unemployment and Profitabililty: Empirical Evidence from Norwegian Manufacturing Industries," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 62(1), pages 101-117, February.
- David Albouy, 2009. "The Unequal Geographic Burden of Federal Taxation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 117(4), pages 635-667, August.
- Murphy, Kevin J., 2007. "The impact of unemployment insurance taxes on wages," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 457-484, June.
- Cruces, Guillermo & Galiani, Sebastian & Kidyba, Susana, 2010.
"Payroll taxes, wages and employment: Identification through policy changes,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 743-749, August.
- Guillermo Cruces & Sebastian Galiani & Susana Kidyba, 2010. "Payroll Taxes, Wages and Employment: Identification through Policy Changes," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0093, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Ossi Korkeamäki & Roope Uusitalo, 2009.
"Employment and wage effects of a payroll-tax cut—evidence from a regional experiment,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 16(6), pages 753-772, December.
- Korkeamäki, Ossi & Uusitalo, Roope, 2008. "Employment and Wage Effects of a Payroll-Tax Cut-Evidence from a Regional Experiment," Discussion Papers 443, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Gary Solon & Steven J. Haider & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2015. "What Are We Weighting For?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 50(2), pages 301-316.
- Skedinger, Per, 2014. "Effects of Payroll Tax Cuts for Young Workers," Working Paper Series 1031, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Gruber, Jonathan, 1994. "The Incidence of Mandated Maternity Benefits," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 622-641, June.
- Carlsen, Fredrik & Johansen, Kare, 2005. "Regional wages and subjective measures of employment opportunities," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 377-400, May.
- repec:kap:itaxpf:v:24:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s10797-016-9430-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1993. "Labor Demand and the Source of Adjustment Costs," NBER Working Papers 4394, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jørn Rattsø & Hildegunn E. Stokke, 2017.
"National income taxation and the geographic distribution of population,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 24(5), pages 879-902, September.
- Hildegunn Stokke & JÃ¸rn RattsÃ¸, 2015. "National Income Taxation and the Geographic Distribution of Population," ERSA conference papers ersa15p305, European Regional Science Association.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:epolit:v:35:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s40888-018-0116-4 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPayroll tax cut; individual wages; heterogeneous effects; education;
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-01-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2017-01-15 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-PBE-2017-01-15 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2017-01-15 (Public Finance)
- NEP-URE-2017-01-15 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa16p169. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.