Tourism and Development: A recent phenomenon built on old (institutional) roots?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rinaldo Brau & Adriana Di Liberto & Francesco Pigliaru, 2011. "Tourism and Development: A Recent Phenomenon Built on Old (Institutional) Roots?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(3), pages 444-472, March.
- Francesco Pigliaru & Rinaldo Brau & Adriana Di Liberto, 2010. "Tourism and Development: A Recent Phenomenon Built on Old (Institutional) Roots?," Working Papers 2010.16, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
References listed on IDEAS
- William Easterly, 2002. "The Elusive Quest for Growth: Economists' Adventures and Misadventures in the Tropics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262550423, September.
- Feenstra, Robert C., 1996. "Trade and uneven growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 229-256, April.
- R. Brau & A. Lanza & F. Pigliaru, 2006.
"How fast are small tourist countries growing? The 1980-2003 evidence,"
Working Paper CRENoS
200614, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Francesco Pigliaru & Rinaldo Brau & Alessandro Lanza, 2007. "How Fast are Small Tourist Countries Growing? The 1980-2003 Evidence," Working Papers 2007.1, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Pigliaru, Francesco & Brau, Rinaldo & Lanza, Alessandro, 2007. "How Fast are Small Tourist Countries Growing? The 1980-2003 Evidence," Natural Resources Management Working Papers 12129, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Durlauf, Steven N. & Johnson, Paul A. & Temple, Jonathan R.W., 2005.
Handbook of Economic Growth, in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.),Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 555-677,
- Durlauf,S.N. & Johnson,P.A. & Temple,J.R.W., 2004. "Growth econometrics," Working papers 18, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Johnson, Paul & Durlauf, Steven N & Temple, Johnathan R. W., 2004. "Growth Econometrics," Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series 61, Vassar College Department of Economics.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2001.
"The Colonial Origins of Comparative Development: An Empirical Investigation,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1369-1401, December.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2000. "The Colonial Origins of Comparative Development: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 7771, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harvey W. Armstrong & Robert Read, 1998.
"Trade and Growth in Small States: The Impact of Global Trade Liberalisation,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 563-585, June.
- H W Armstrong & R Read, "undated". "Trade and Growth in Small States: The Impact of Global Trade Liberalisation," Working Papers ec5/98, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- R A Read & H W Armstrong, 1998. "Trade and growth in small states: the impact of global trade liberalisation," Working Papers 539452, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Daron Acemoglu & Veronica Guerrieri, 2008.
"Capital Deepening and Nonbalanced Economic Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 116(3), pages 467-498, June.
- Daron Acemoglu & Veronica Guerrieri, 2006. "Capital Deepening and Non-Balanced Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 12475, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu & Veronica Guerrieri, 2006. "Capital Deepening and Non-Balanced Economic Growth," 2006 Meeting Papers 207, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Brau, Rinaldo & Lanza, Alessandro & Pigliaru, Francesco, 2007. "How Fast are Small Tourism Countries Growing? Evidence from the Data for 1980–2003," MPRA Paper 82776, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Easterly, William & Kraay, Aart, 2000. "Small States, Small Problems? Income, Growth, and Volatility in Small States," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2013-2027, November.
- Alessandro Lanza & Anil Markandya & Francesco Pigliaru (ed.), 2005. "The Economics of Tourism and Sustainable Development," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3876, February.
- Maarten Bosker & Harry Garretsen, 2009. "Economic development and the geography of institutions," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 295-328, May.
- Easterly, William & Levine, Ross, 2003.
"Tropics, germs, and crops: how endowments influence economic development,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 3-39, January.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 2002. "Tropics, Germs, and Crops: How Endowments Influence Economic Development," NBER Working Papers 9106, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 2002. "Tropics, Germs, and Crops: How Endowments Influence Economic Development," Working Papers 15, Center for Global Development.
- Fabio Cerina, 2007.
"Tourism Specialization and Environmental Sustainability in a Dynamic Economy,"
Tourism Economics, , vol. 13(4), pages 553-582, December.
- F. Cerina, 2006. "Tourism specialization and environmental sustainability in a dynamic economy," Working Paper CRENoS 200602, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Briguglio, Lino, 1995. "Small island developing states and their economic vulnerabilities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1615-1632, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-François Hoarau, 2020. "Is international tourism responsible for the pandemic of COVID-19? A preliminary cross-country analysis with a special focus on small islands," TEPP Working Paper 2020-04, TEPP.
- Angelo Bencivenga & Margaretha Breil & Mariaester Cassinelli & Livio Chiarullo & Annalisa Percoco, 2012. "The Possibilities for the Development of Tourism in the Appennino Lucano Val d'Agri Lagonegrese National Park: A Participative Qualitative-Quantitative Approach," Working Papers 2012.30, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Ceyhun Can OZCAN & Murat ASLAN & Saban NAZLIOGLU, 2017. "Economic freedom, economic growth and international tourism for post-communist (transition) countries: A panel causality analysis," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(2(611), S), pages 75-98, Summer.
- Ulrich Gunter & M. Graziano Ceddia & David Leonard & Bernhard Tröster, 2018. "Contribution of international ecotourism to comprehensive economic development and convergence in the Central American and Caribbean region," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(33), pages 3614-3629, July.
- Iza Lejárraga & Peter Walkenhorst, 2013.
"Economic policy, tourism trade and productive diversification,"
International Economics, CEPII research center, issue 135-136, pages 1-12.
- Iza Lejárraga & Peter Walkenhorst, 2013. "Economic Policy, Tourism Trade and Productive Diversification," Working Papers 2013-07, CEPII research center.
- Constantin ANGHELACHE & Madalina-Gabriela ANGHEL & Florin Paul Costel LILEA & Doina BUREA & Doina AVRAM, 2017. "European Union Strategy For Industry, Trade And Services Development," Romanian Statistical Review Supplement, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 65(8), pages 145-158, August.
- Prest, Brian C., 2018. "Explanations for the 2014 oil price decline: Supply or demand?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 63-75.
More about this item
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O50 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-TUR-2012-07-29 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa10p990. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.